hpIndigo1
Halo 4 Service Record:
View Service Record
0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day
0 (View Thanks)
Times this user was thanked:
Posts for which this user was thanked:

The Official Halo 4 Ban Thread

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:48:07 PM(UTC)

Update (and hopefully the last!)

I had my son turn on H4 this evening and it went through the update. After that, he was able to get on multipler matches, with the DLC.

So it would appear that the ban is gone on his account. However, it also begs to question the story that the supposed issue was only on Sunday and only affected less than 200 accounts (one has to presume globally?). Since my son was banned Friday evening, and after the update the issue was resolved for him, clearly this goes beyond Sunday...unless there was a separate issue that hasn't been brought to light yet.

For now we are good on our end.

Thank you

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:23:37 AM(UTC)

From Confused to Frustrated....

I read the post stating that there was an issue on Sunday that affected less than 200 accounts and it has been resolved. Great, but my son was banned Friday evening. So am I suppose to take that to mean his ban was not a glitch or a failure of the system?

-- 13 y/o with less than 8 hours of online play (as far as I can tell from his stats)
-- Has 2 DNF's (as far as I can tell from his stats) that were probably because I told him it was time to turn the Xbox off
-- Does not use a headset in game unless he is on a private match with his friends and the Kinect mic is muted
-- Had not played online matchmaking since Nov 30 (as far as I can tell from his stats) prior to the ban Friday evening
-- Played 1 match with Crimson pack, which ended prematurely, started another and got the permanent-ban
-- He is only allowed 1 hour a night during the school week, assuming his homework is done in time to be able to play
-- The Xbox is located in my bedroom so that I can closely monitor his time and behavior while playing

To the last, I saw the Chocolate Milk video years ago and vowed that my kids would never be like that!

Now, with all that said, am I suppose to believe that this kid did something worthy of a permanent ban?!? Am I suppose to believe that the man who posted on Saturday that was playing with his 2 younger sons did something worthy of a permanent ban?!? Hw about the young guy playing with his kid sister? Or the folks that got banned for playing custom games and were not even on line (or not playing a live community match anyway)?

My son traded in games, saved his allowance, did extra chores, the works to get this game (Limited Edition no less). And after 7 1/2 hours gets permanently banned; no warning, no temp ban, no explanation.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT FOLKS!

If someone would please look at my son's stats and tell me what I am missing, it would be greatly appreciated. If he truly did something permanent ban worthy, then so be it. But I want to know what he did to deserve this.

GT is John Sr 117

Thank you

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:08:19 PM(UTC)

Another Update....

Reading the posts and comments about he map pack, I asked my son if he downloaded it and when. He says he downloaded it last week, but he thinks Friday night was the first time he actually played matchmaking on a map from the pack.

He said that durning the match, everyone got booted out and so he went into another match on a stock map. That's when he got the permanent ban message.

To clarify, from my original post, he has the Limited Edition.

Reading these post, I have to say this is getting a bit ridicules. I sincerely hope that tomorrow 343 will be addressing these issues. Since no one has responded to my post (echoing the other parent on here about the "community keeping people honest) I guess we will have to go at this from another direction. But since someone suggested to post if this appeared to have any relation to the map pack, I wanted to offer up the înfo.

Thank you

Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:50:23 AM(UTC)

hpIndigo1;2042426 wrote:
Hello...

My 13 y/o came downstairs this evening upset and saying he was blocked from Xbox Live. We went to investigate and he wasn't blocked from Live, but when we fired up Halo 4 (which he was playing at the time this happened) a message came up stating that the account was permanently banned. I presume this means from matchmaking.

We have a Family account and no one else was affected by this. He is the only one that plays this particular game, which he saved his own allowance to purchase the Limited Edition. As far as we know, there have not been any temp bans or warnings. This is the first time we have heard of this. The first question, of course, was what did you do?

In trying to research, I found this forum and read something about public service record and people on here could check into claims. Since I have no idea how to get around in this game, I was hoping someone could perhaps see if they can figure out why he was banned, permanently no less.

His gamer tag is JohnSr117.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Update and more confused...

I figured out how to look at my sons stats and the Overview shows a total of less than 8 hours of game play, with only 2 incomplete games. After reading some posts in this thread, I thought perhaps it was an issue of quitting games. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

We would really appreciate if some of you more savvy Halo gamers would give some insight to this. We really want to understand what he did wrong that resulted in a permanent ban with only a handful of hours playing the game online. The whole point of this game was to play the multiplayer matches. He enjoys the career stuff, but loves playing matchmaking and private matches with his friends.

Really want to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you

Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 8:46:42 PM(UTC)

Correction...

Gamer tag is John Sr 117

Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 8:26:05 PM(UTC)

Hello...

My 13 y/o came downstairs this evening upset and saying he was blocked from Xbox Live. We went to investigate and he wasn't blocked from Live, but when we fired up Halo 4 (which he was playing at the time this happened) a message came up stating that the account was permanently banned. I presume this means from matchmaking.

We have a Family account and no one else was affected by this. He is the only one that plays this particular game, which he saved his own allowance to purchase the Limited Edition. As far as we know, there have not been any temp bans or warnings. This is the first time we have heard of this. The first question, of course, was what did you do?

In trying to research, I found this forum and read something about public service record and people on here could check into claims. Since I have no idea how to get around in this game, I was hoping someone could perhaps see if they can figure out why he was banned, permanently no less.

His gamer tag is JohnSr117.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you