BARBS v2
Halo 4 Service Record:
View Service Record
0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day
4 (View Thanks)
Times this user was thanked:
Posts for which this user was thanked:

The Official Halo 4 Ban Thread

Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:31:31 AM(UTC)

For everyone that needs a clear account of the current permaban issue purportedly related to the DLC map pack, unbiased, uncomplaining, not blaming 343i, etc, please read below. Please use this to help with the issue.

UP FRONT: I understand people are "boosting" and getting achievements playing with their "little cousin that sucks" and getting EXP BANS. Note that EXP BANS are not permabans.

1.) I had the Map Pass, I know this because I played with my scanner helmet several times.

2.) When I downloaded the map pack a few days ago I was like, "Hmm... this seems funny that its 'free', must be related to me having the map pass. I bet everyone without the pass is paying for it".

3.) I ONLY played SPLIT-SCREEN on Harvest (not matchmaking, NONE whatsoever) with another XBOX live account (GT: AYREEEZ) that was idle, i.e.: not playing the game, so that I could practice and see the spawns. I DID NOT ENTER A MATCHMAKING GAME WITH ANY OTHER PLAYER TO BOOST (which would apparently have resulted only in an EXP BAN from what everyone is saying).

4.) I have no other permabannable issues that I am aware of (I'm not naive, I could have done something stupid, but I doubt it considering I have never been banned before and don't rant sexist comments or hack).

Everyone following me so far? Paying attention to the caps locked terms? Here's the issue I had, considering all of this:

I was permanently banned a few minutes after playing the split screen game in question, both accounts (BARBS v2 and AYREEEZ), after subsequently playing a game or two in matchmaking, alone. The account named AYREEEZ was not even signed in, nor does it have an active gold membership that would allow me to use it online. The fact that both were banned is what allows me to blame the split screen game

Thanks for reading, and I hope that this helps the community, the web, and 343i in understanding this.

Crimson Map Pack related unfair Perma-bans.

Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:28:26 AM(UTC)

For everyone that needs a clear account of this issue, unbiased, uncomplaining, not blaming 343i, etc, please read below. Please use this to help with the issue.

UP FRONT: I understand people are "boosting" and getting achievements playing with their "little cousin that sucks" and getting EXP BANS. Note that EXP BANS are not permabans.

1.) I had the Map Pass, I know this because I played with my scanner helmet several times.
2.) When I downloaded the map pack a few days ago I was like, "Hmm... this seems funny that its 'free', must be related to me having the map pass. I bet everyone without the pass is paying for it".
3.) I ONLY played SPLIT-SCREEN on Harvest (not matchmaking, NONE whatsoever) with another XBOX live account (GT AYREEEZ) that was idle, i.e.: not playing the game, so that I could practice and see the spawns. I DID NOT ENTER A MATCHMAKING GAME WITH ANY OTHER PLAYER TO BOOST (which would apparently have resulted only in an EXP BAN from what everyone is saying).
4.) I have no other permabannable issues that I am aware of (I'm not naive, I could have done something stupid, but I doubt it considering I have never been banned before and don't rant sexist comments or hack).

Everyone following me so far? Paying attention to the caps locked terms? Here's the issue I had, considering all of this:

I was permanently banned a few minutes after playing the split screen game in question, both accounts (BARBS v2 and AYREEEZ), after subsequently playing a game or two in matchmaking, alone. The account named AYREEEZ was not even signed in, nor does it have an active gold membership that would allow me to use it online. The fact that both were banned is what allows me to blame the split screen game

Thanks for reading, and I hope that this helps the community, the web, and 343i in understanding this.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:29:29 PM(UTC)

... yes, you are indeed permabanning players for issues related to the map packs. thanks.

edit: at least "temporarily permanently" banning them. just saying, PR is all about accountability.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:07:28 PM(UTC)

the webs catching wind and referencing this thread fyi. already a big group of people affected by this. wait it out i guess. i really hope we get some kind of help soon.

Crimson Map Pack related unfair Perma-bans.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:59:47 PM(UTC)

just showing support. i already posted a lengthy bit of information and researched this all day.

both of my accounts were permabanned for playing crimson map pack in splitscreen. keep speaking up guys and gals.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:19:18 PM(UTC)

dufodio: do you have the crimson map pack? this fact is important

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:10:47 PM(UTC)

VaderGnat: i feel your pain :). i edited my posts, they were a little rambunctious to begin with because i was so torqued. but, from the sound of it, the map packs are affecting both of our accounts. i believe 343i will fix this, but i hope they do so soon. good luck.

343i: after thinking about it more, im not selling all my halo stuff (yet). i still love you. we are just having some relationship issues right now.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:18:22 AM(UTC)

ANOTHER UPDATE: many users downloaded the crimson map pack illegally due to an online glitch. i just looked into this and my buddy informed me that he had gotten the pack that way. many users are being banned for it. i believe that the users on this forum that are confused likely enabled a download that read as an unlicensed "purchase".

this apparently was possible even if you had purchased the map pass.

bottom line: EVEN IF YOU HAD THE MAP PASS, YOU MAY HAVE "ILLEGALLY" DOWNLOADED THE CRIMSON MAP PACK. 343I NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS. IF YOU HAD THE MAP PASS BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE MAP PACK.

edit: ok, so they "let" the glitch slip and everyone got legitimate downloads. this issue must be related to the custom game and using another account on the map. this is still an issue, however. look into the reason for my ban and respond, please.

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:13:30 AM(UTC)

UPDATE: i used an old xbox live account (AYREEEZ) offline to practice the new map packs with my current live account (BARBS v2) in an offline split screen game. BOTH accounts have been confirmed to be banned from online play. the old account, AYREEEZ, doesnt even have an active gold account and we werent even playing online!

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:06:27 AM(UTC)

the crimson map pack is DEFINITELY part of this issue with permabans. i was banned very shortly after playing a splitscreen game on Harvest. many others have the same issue. this map pack must be giving a false reading. if you have had bans associated in any way with the map pack, post the story.

i payed for this pack, but not even 10 mins after the ban i got my money back.