AbleSir Thomas
Halo 4 Service Record:
View Service Record
0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day
13 (View Thanks)
Times this user was thanked:
Posts for which this user was thanked:

Dominion Feedback

Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:33:34 PM(UTC)

RegrettedKarma6;2723077 wrote:
I read that the Dominion playlist was going to be removed and just had to come straight here. I feel that removing dominion entirely for consolidation reasons is not the proper way to do this. War games still has two things that are missing and have been missing since launch. A squad (6v6) based playlist and asymmetric gametypes. I think you have the opportunity to achieve not only your original aim of playlist consolidation, but also the opportunity to implement these missing features all into the one playlist.

Dominion, extraction and conversion should be what the playlist consists of. All of these gametypes are more dynamic than the standard gametypes as they tend to focus on more scoring objects than 1 or 2. Dominion is quite possibly (alongside ricochet), the best gametype addition into the Halo 4 sandbox and I don't think a rotational playlist would do it justice. You'll find that players who enjoy dominion also tend to enjoy extraction.

As for conversion? The community created custom gametype provides you with a solution to the huge asymmetric gap that Halo 4 is sorely missing. Sure a few of the gametypes settings would need to be ironed out by you guys, but you can't deny it has huge potential. The re imagination of invasion mechanics in Halo 4
matchmaking would be greatly appreciated by the community.

Lastly taking away a regular dominion playlist will remove any possibility of future implementation of forge maps into the gametype. There are quite a few solid matchmaking style forge maps that will never be able to surface in a rotational playlist. Merging these three gametypes into one playlist will give forgers a chance to show matchmaking style dominion maps to the community in a consolidated manner.

This would be awesome :). The only thing I would add is assigning each game-type to a voting slot. So at least 1 result for each mode shows up per voting round.

Dominion Feedback

Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:16:15 PM(UTC)

We will soon have 5 4v4 playlists dedicated to slayer game-types, but 1 6v6 objective playlist is out of the question? Dominion should not be made a rotational playlist. It is one of the defining game-types of halo 4.

Instead I propose that dominion be integrated into a new 6v6 playlist including dominion, extraction, and maybe koth. Also integrate forge maps for better variety.

This would garner a good population and allow halo 4 to offer more flexibility to objective players.

Please don't remove Dominion!!

Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:51:00 AM(UTC)

I don't think dominion would work well in 8v8. I feel this is a symptom of a larger problem. We have 5 4v4 playlists dedicated to slayer variants and not one 6v6 playlist. I believe a 6v6 squad battle playlist including dominion and extraction could solve that problem.

Dominion Feedback

Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:31:12 AM(UTC)

I believe that dominion should remain in its own playlist. The proper player count for Dominion is 6v6, putting it in btb skirmish would force that to 8v8. This playlist NEEDS forge maps :). Also its not possible to put dominion on complex. :(

Dominion Feedback

Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:08:26 AM(UTC)

VagueC MAC;2434599 wrote:
Nice to see some variety in the resupplys on outcast. Railguns and Sticky Detonators are finally being dropped, as well as Gravity Hammers and Needlers. Now if you can do this with the rest of the maps....this playlist will become so much more fun.

I also enjoy the new drop-set. But applying it to the other maps may cause issues.

The majority of players have already become accustomed to the 2 main drop-sets. Universally changing drop-sets may alienate allot of regular players. Also the default map set is designed to use the current drop-sets. Imagine fighting binaries and rail-guns on Longbow bravo. Or gravity hammers and sticky dets camping bravo on Vortex. Outcast has open bases but the sight-lines between bases are heavily segmented. Outcast is less about base busting and more about controlling areas outside the bases.

TU Extraction Bug Fix

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:14:42 AM(UTC)

I too am curious about this

Who wants to play Dominion to win?

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:00:53 AM(UTC)

i tend to run with full teams in dominion. If your interested message me in xbl. I'll be online in mm tonight.

Forge maps loading objects out of place.

Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 4:42:59 AM(UTC)

BUMP THIS ABSOLUTELY NEEDS ANSWERS............. plz?

Forge maps loading objects out of place.

Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:15:55 PM(UTC)

this i very true. will this issue be addressed ?

MAP FEEDBACK THREAD: Overgrowth (Invasion)

Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:45:25 AM(UTC)

oops
sleep deprivation is not fun lol

Name Forum Rank Joined Posts
A Virtual Duck Discharged Sunday, July 10, 2011(UTC) 1,497
VagueC MAC Recruit - Bronze Sunday, July 31, 2011(UTC) 182