Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
If the katana makes its return in halo 4 instead of being an armor effect what if it was a skin for the energy sword?
Please god no.
They should also bring back the Hayabusa armor that makes you camo'd the whole game . . . Or at least call down the Dragonzord . . .
I hope 343i add more melee weapons to the Halo sandbox. The Blade Arm introduced in the E3 demo would be a great addition.
That would be sweet. I miss running around maps with a katana on my back. It looked good aesthetically, but I don't think the energy sword should skin to a Katana.
OR just have it on your back and not do any gameplay purposes. also.. this should be in a category called Katana, that only appears on the armory when you unlock it, and lets you toggle it on and off. This way you can wear it with ANY body armor.
Also.. contrary to the "not do any gameplay purposes" that i said up there^^.. there should be a unique katana assassination.
Probably not going to happen since all Halo 4 armor likely requires a story based purpose due to the multiplayer now being canon.

And what's the point of having a katana on your person IF YOU CAN'T USE IT?!
The Alcotai;1041165 wrote:

During WWII high-ranking Japanese officers kept katanas on them as part of their uniform. Considering WWII had planes and guns, it wasn't very practical in combat. Just aesthetic purposes.

I would personally like the katana to return, whether it be a usable weapon or simply an armor customizing item.
Dark Auk;1041583 wrote:

During WWII high-ranking Japanese officers kept katanas on them as part of their uniform. Considering WWII had planes and guns, it wasn't very practical in combat. Just aesthetic purposes.

I would personally like the katana to return, whether it be a usable weapon or simply an armor customizing item.

No, a Spartan with a Katana is freaking stupid.
ZealotSangheili;1041715 wrote:
Dark Auk;1041583 wrote:

No, a Spartan with a Katana is freaking stupid.

Oh, please explain your well thought-out and reasonable explanation as to why a Spartan can't have a katana?
Bonus for those of us who buy it in Japan?
That wouldn't be a skin, a skin tints/changes the colour of the weapon, not the actual physical shape, size and weight.
321RO4
I don't really care either way. I like it in Halo 3, but it did seem kinda out of place, so I understand why people wouldn't want it back.
bianoguy;1041163 wrote:
OR just have it on your back and not do any gameplay purposes. also.. this should be in a category called Katana, that only appears on the armory when you unlock it, and lets you toggle it on and off. This way you can wear it with ANY body armor.
Also.. contrary to the "not do any gameplay purposes" that i said up there^^.. there should be a unique katana assassination.

Katana assassinations would be so badass.
I would like an assassination-compatible Katana armor piece.
come on guys they made the gravity hammer into a golf club, if they can do that then they can do the same for the sword as a katana.
how about just as a weapon? that'd be awesome! why can't the UNSC mix a Katana with Energy Sword powering, or something like that?
bianoguy;1041163 wrote:

This! Don't make it the energy sword, just an unlockable aesthetic that can have a unique assasination....That'd be soooooo cool!
I just want the katana to return it felt nice to get something after earning all the achievements in the game.
It could be made as an armor effect. That way it could be compatable with all armor types. Not only that, it would make a katana related effect that engages a special assassination.
12Next >2 Pages