Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
Last night, I played my first game of Invasion Slayer in several months. I have been sticking with the Anniversary maps, with a little TU in there, because the gameplay is much more appealing.

As I was playing Invasion Slayer (on Powerhouse), I couldn't help but complain. Power weapons seemed random, they removed the DMR loadout after the first phase in favor of two AR loadouts, and it seemed like a total cluster.

After the game, I checked my stats. I went 26-10,leading my team and the overall leaderboard, with 3 triple kills. Then I said to my friend - "You know something's wrong when you got +16 but have a terrible time."

Is this Halo 4? Power weapons spawn in set areasn and you never know what you'll get? You'll never know what your opponent has? They could spawn with a Shotgun or Grenade Launcher just because? Everybody rushes the weapon spawn blindly? I get over 20 kills, something that is not only average for me, but satisfying, but I still don't have fun?

Halo 4 absolutely needs a Classic Playlist Section. Anniversary currently has Classic, FFA, BTB, and Squad. Halo 4 needs more than this, otherwise people like myself will play for 5 minutes and quit because it's not fun.
One of the worst comparisons I've ever heard.
"Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label."-Xemnas
@Appotamox
Mactashiv;1036807 wrote:

HAHA as someone who fully supports Halo 4, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

It's the same thing: random weapon spawns, players start unevenly, etc. Except now 343 added random Perks, so it's even worse.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
No of course it isn't exactly like Invasion but it definitely resembles it a lot. Just make sure you have some people you can play customs with and H4 will be a decent MP game.
KO Drizzy Dray;1036823 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036807 wrote:

It's the same thing: random weapon spawns, players start unevenly, etc. Except now 343 added random Perks, so it's even worse.

Yes but blue team don't play as dinos, the score doesn't go up to 100 kills, you don't "capture points", you can't get vehicles via ordnanceand there are no phases.;

I fail to see why this is exactly like Invasion slayer, yes they are SIMILAR, but not the same.
"Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label."-Xemnas
@Appotamox
I'm going to point out, just don't play infinity slayer... I mean, My god, is it that hard.

Infinity slayer is the only one that has that, so can you really complain?
Dare to believe.
Quick question: Does the fact that you can choose from a variety of characters in a fighter/factions in an RTS make it unfair?

No. If a character/faction is overpowered, it either gets banned from tournaments/your friends beat you up if you pick it, or everyone just uses it.
KO Drizzy Dray;1036795 wrote:
Last night, I played my first game of Invasion Slayer in several months. I have been sticking with the Anniversary maps, with a little TU in there, because the gameplay is much more appealing.

As I was playing Invasion Slayer (on Powerhouse), I couldn't help but complain. Power weapons seemed random, they removed the DMR loadout after the first phase in favor of two AR loadouts, and it seemed like a total clusterfruck.

After the game, I checked my stats. I went 26-10,leading my team and the overall leaderboard, with 3 triple kills. Then I said to my friend - "You know something's wrong when you got +16 but have a terrible time."

Is this Halo 4? Power weapons spawn in set areasn and you never know what you'll get? You'll never know what your opponent has? They could spawn with a Shotgun or Grenade Launcher just because? Everybody rushes the weapon spawn blindly? I get over 20 kills, something that is not only average for me, but satisfying, but I still don't have fun?

Halo 4 absolutely needs a Classic Playlist Section. Anniversary currently has Classic, FFA, BTB, and Squad. Halo 4 needs more than this, otherwise people like myself will play for 5 minutes and quit because it's not fun.

I assume you can make this comparison because you played halo 4 already yes?
Lolz, that's a terrible comparison.
Mactashiv;1036854 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036807 wrote:

Yes but blue team don't play as dinos, the score doesn't go up to 100 kills, you don't "capture points", you can't get vehicles via ordnanceand there are no phases.;

I fail to see why this is exactly like Invasion slayer, yes they are SIMILAR, but not the same.

In the game I played, everyone was a Spartan. It may have been Skirmish, but it doesn't really matter.

100 kills is irrelevant, since it can be changed based on how many people play it.

Capturing points is the same thing as waiting for a weapon to spawn in the next 10 seconds - both show players exactly where to go.

There were no vehicles in Powerhouse, and again, its irrelevant since this is based on the map.

What were you saying?
SilentA98;1036881 wrote:
I'm going to point out, just don't play infinity slayer... I mean, My god, is it that hard.

Infinity slayer is the only one that has that, so can you really complain?

Prove this to me.

Infinity Slayer has the "personal ordnance drops", but every gametype has "random ordnance drops" instead of set weapon spawns.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
first of all you made a horrible comparison,secondly you havnt played halo 4 yet so to make a comparison based on only one sided experiance is the definition of IGNORANT,so before you go calling everyone else stupid you might want to recheck your sources of information and experiance before you make yourself look more foolish than you already have. and as far as never posting on these forums again i can only say dont get your butt print on the door when it hits you on the way out.
JuggaloGanjaGod;1037873 wrote:
first of all you made a horrible comparison,secondly you havnt played halo 4 yet so to make a comparison based on only one sided experiance is the definition of IGNORANT,so before you go calling everyone else stupid you might want to recheck your sources of information and experiance before you make yourself look more foolish than you already have. and as far as never posting on these forums again i can only say dont get your butt print on the door when it hits you on the way out.

Funny how you're the exact type of person I was talking about. Incoherent, run-on sentence, misspelled words, and failure to actually answer my questions.

I've proved many people wrong on why the "You haven't played it yet" argument doesn't work. You wouldn't use that excuse when talking about a movie trailer, book cover, or product review.

The comparison is not horrible - it's accurate. Go read my posts and you'll see. Others agree with me as well. Too bad this forum is ruled by people who adore 343 and adore CoD gameplay, and they support everything done to the franchise.
KO Drizzy Dray;1037733 wrote:
Funny how nobody proves me wrong. Why do I even post here, if everyone is incompetent? I provide clear evidence, and they say the same damn thing over and over.
Your so called "evidence" is entirely opinion based, and is thus, just an opinion. You think that because you have read about the game and seen a little gameplay, you can make sound judgements as to the nature of the final product. The truth is that you cannot.

Invasion slayer(IS) plays nothing like the Halo 4 we've been told about. IS has 3 progression tears throughout the game, with power weapons spawning at randomly selected, although set, location. In order to get these, one team must hold the position for a set period of time.

In Halo 4, there is 1 default loadout based on the game and gametype in question, and then users can create custom loadouts that tailor to their play-style. Power weapon spawn are telegraphed to all players before they spawn, and are in someways predictable. Each set of power weapons are not random, but tailored to each map.

All the information I've posted here are from the developers themselves. It's not a prediction of gameplay based on my opinion, just the facts from 343. If you want a good debate, try putting together a solid argument with facts and sources instead of your ill-founded opinions.

P.S. If you want a classic experience, go play Halo 1, 2, or 3. There are moderately strong online communities for these games, still.
Toa Freak;1037947 wrote:
Funny how nobody proves me wrong. Why do I even post here, if everyone is incompetent? I provide clear evidence, and they say the same damn thing over and over.
Your so called "evidence" is entirely opinion based, and is thus, just an opinion. You think that because you have read about the game and seen a little gameplay, you can make sound judgements as to the nature of the final product. The truth is that you cannot.

Invasion slayer(IS) plays nothing like the Halo 4 we've been told about. IS has 3 progression tears throughout the game, with power weapons spawning at randomly selected, although set, location. In order to get these, one team must hold the position for a set period of time.

In Halo 4, there is 1 default loadout based on the game and gametype in question, and then users can create custom loadouts that tailor to their play-style. Power weapon spawn are telegraphed to all players before they spawn, and are in someways predictable. Each set of power weapons are not random, but tailored to each map.

All the information I've posted here are from the developers themselves. It's not a prediction of gameplay based on my opinion, just the facts from 343. If you want a good debate, try putting together a solid argument with facts and sources instead of your ill-founded opinions.

P.S. If you want a classic experience, go play Halo 1, 2, or 3. There are moderately strong online communities for these games, still.

I've watched several full gameplay videos and know how the new ordnance system works. How are you going to tell me I don't? As I said, you wouldn't use that excuse for a movie trailer, would you?

The point is:
Players start with different weapons and settings.
Weapons spawn randomly and their locations are braodcasted all over, to everyone.

This is exactly what is happening in both games.
KO Drizzy Dray;1037001 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036854 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036807 wrote:

In the game I played, everyone was a Spartan. It may have been Skirmish, but it doesn't really matter.

100 kills is irrelevant, since it can be changed based on how many people play it.

Capturing points is the same thing as waiting for a weapon to spawn in the next 10 seconds - both show players exactly where to go.

There were no vehicles in Powerhouse, and again, its irrelevant since this is based on the map.

What were you saying?

It's different to stand in a circle to get weapons than to kill to get weapons.

ZECU;1038004 wrote:
KO Drizzy Dray;1037001 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036854 wrote:
Mactashiv;1036807 wrote:

What were you saying?

It's different to stand in a circle to get weapons than to kill to get weapons.

But, as I said, once players know where the weapon ordnances are dropping, they will huddle around the location. I'm not talking about the killstreak ordnance.

The only reason we can't prove you wrong is because you can't prove us wrong. We don't have enough evidence. So really all you are doing is being very very stubborn.
12Next >2 Pages