Notification

Icon
Error

I have a question on spartan ops. Being an offline player (yea life sucks) i just wanted to know if spartan ops is available for offline player and that when i get the game i'm not going to get a message saying u must be connected to xbox live. i know to get the new episodes i'll have to go online but once i disconnect will i will still be able to play them. I also have the same question for war games will i be able to play it split screen seing a lot of games lately have made multiplayer onel (eg Battlefeild 3).
Hopefully.

Probably.

Many machinima makers make machinima offline. Bungie made it that way just for them. 343 wouldn't change it.
I think you need Xbox LIVE Gold. Sorry :(
You DO need Gold to download the missions, but I suppose you could play them offline once installed on your HDD.

But I guess you don't even have gold, so your problem isn't resolved.
343 released that the game would come with 1 whole spartan ops section that you could unlock by using your spartan points to progress threw. so offline players will get something but not a lot.
if u have to be online to play my life sucks but to download DLCs u only need silver i think. I can download but Im too slow to play
Gold is a Requirement

I believe

DK: You were saying that Spartan Ops is episodic content, does this mean that much like a TV show, we'll see the episodes released on the same day every week?

Yes, it's going to air, technology allowing, at the same time on the same day on a per-week basis. Of course, it requires Xbox LIVE for a couple of reasons, one is that it's streaming content, the other is it's multiplayer, obviously for up to four players, so it does need an Xbox LIVE connection, but it's free. So if you buy the game, either the regular edition or the limited edition, it's absolutely free, and it's a huge amount of content. It's five missions per week, and the missions can take anywhere from 10 minutes if you're pounding through it with 4 people and loads of vehicles, to like, I mean, I've got stuck for hours at a time on certain things trying to achieve it in certain ways. So it's about a campaign's worth of content, and it's released episodically, which in some ways is a more natural cadence than the seven to twenty hour campaigns that people plough through. That's a weird way to tell a story, whereas episodes, we can control the rhythm and the cadence that people experience the story in, so while in the campaign I can't force you to end a campaign mission on a cliffhanger, because you're just going to play immediately through it, we can control the pace, and so it's going to be giving us some interesting dramatic opportunities, and we hope people appreciate that when it does start airing.
This is from the stickied interview on this forum called Your Questions for Frankie Answered!
TweakX;1415417 wrote:
DK: You were saying that Spartan Ops is episodic content, does this mean that much like a TV show, we'll see the episodes released on the same day every week?

Yes, it's going to air, technology allowing, at the same time on the same day on a per-week basis. Of course, it requires Xbox LIVE for a couple of reasons, one is that it's streaming content, the other is it's multiplayer, obviously for up to four players, so it does need an Xbox LIVE connection, but it's free. So if you buy the game, either the regular edition or the limited edition, it's absolutely free, and it's a huge amount of content. It's five missions per week, and the missions can take anywhere from 10 minutes if you're pounding through it with 4 people and loads of vehicles, to like, I mean, I've got stuck for hours at a time on certain things trying to achieve it in certain ways. So it's about a campaign's worth of content, and it's released episodically, which in some ways is a more natural cadence than the seven to twenty hour campaigns that people plough through. That's a weird way to tell a story, whereas episodes, we can control the rhythm and the cadence that people experience the story in, so while in the campaign I can't force you to end a campaign mission on a cliffhanger, because you're just going to play immediately through it, we can control the pace, and so it's going to be giving us some interesting dramatic opportunities, and we hope people appreciate that when it does start airing.

the thing is, can silver members still stream these?