Notification

Icon
Error

Hey I just thought of something. If you can spawn with the plasma pistol combined with a headshot weapon, wouldn't everyone just n00b combo all the time? Seems like that would get annoying...
I remember reading in an article somewhere that stated that the plasma pistol's tracking capabilities have been greatly reduced from prior games. I think it was the president of MLG who said this.
That was something that concerned me too, but if its tracking ability has been cut down compared to previous games then I don't see it being a big issue.
If tracking's been nerfed (finally yes!), then how about the range that the overcharged bolt can track from? I don't want another H3 plasma pistol nor do I want another H2 plasma pistol. CE plasma pistol was beast because it (overcharged bolt) could kill a Grunt with one hit, could track from a long distance, and it just felt fast.
ZaDarkTide;1028124 wrote:
Hey I just thought of something. If you can spawn with the plasma pistol combined with a headshot weapon, wouldn't everyone just n00b combo all the time? Seems like that would get annoying...

If it's taken you this long to think of this, then I wouldn't worry about the potential for a staple weapon combo to be over-used.
Fortune favours not the bold, the bold make their own fortune.
Check-in from time to time: http://www.twitch.tv/thy_reapermc
I doubt they would include the Plasma pistol as a loadout weapon, it's a vehicle destroyer weapon.
I'm planning on always using the Covie Carbine with the Plasma Pistol... and Plasma Grenades.
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
DOUBLE POST. D:<
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
killrraider13;1028413 wrote:
I doubt they would include the Plasma pistol as a loadout weapon, it's a vehicle destroyer weapon.

It will be a secondary weapon
"Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label."-Xemnas
@Appotamox
Mactashiv;1028424 wrote:

D: Hide the Wraiths!!!
killrraider13;1028426 wrote:
Mactashiv;1028424 wrote:

D: Hide the Wraiths!!!

Hide the Falcons! XD

It's alright, I mean, didn't someone say that the tracking has been nerfed?
"Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label."-Xemnas
@Appotamox
If the tracking's been nerfed then that allays a lot of my fears. If the strafing's good then it won't be much of a problem at all.
I'm thinking you guys are referring to this:

"The plasma pistol rocks. I don't know if it's just the sound... but DAMN. I was killing people with regular pepper shots (which aren't pepper at all in H4 - they're little mini balls of fire, it seems), and the noob combo is still a reliable annhilator. Overcharged shot seems to track, at least a little bit. (Not as much as Halo 1. )" 4.26.12 Halo Council

Based on their statement, the PP bearings are going off of CE. Which means its tracking is far by 2 and 3 standards and definitely close to Reach length. As for what it will be at launch? Who's to know. Based on what's above, the noob combo will still be powerful and utilized, but who knows whats its abilities will be till then. Just wait and see.
PhNx Hellfire;1028442 wrote:

Based on their statement, the PP bearings are going off of CE. Which means its tracking is far by 2 and 3 standards and definitely close to Reach length. As for what it will be at launch? Who's to know. Based on what's above, the noob combo will still be powerful and utilized, but who knows whats its abilities will be till then. Just wait and see.

I'm going to have to say it won't be too useful against HLS's and if a players are rocking too much PP, then by all means use your HLS.
PV should prevent the range of the PP from being a problem if you're rocking that.
TP will definitely allow dodges of the PP.
Hologram can take a PP overcharged shot for the user.
... Infantry wise, I don't see a problem.

Vehicle wise, those PP's are there for spawns, will often be tossed for a powerweapon, and they must be "bought" to be used to be an spawning anti-vehicular-spawn killing tool.
Fortune favours not the bold, the bold make their own fortune.
Check-in from time to time: http://www.twitch.tv/thy_reapermc
i think you should only spawn with UNSC weaponary (AR/BR/DMR/Magnum and Frags) as generally Covenant and Forerunner Tech isnt standard equipment for spartans. yeah i know the infinity incorporates that tech but c'mon surely it would be a little overpowering?
I used it with my loadout. It didn't seem to track onto people from a far distance, but it was easily getting vehicles.
PhNx Hellfire;1028442 wrote:
I'm thinking you guys are referring to this:

"The plasma pistol rocks. I don't know if it's just the sound... but DAMN. I was killing people with regular pepper shots (which aren't pepper at all in H4 - they're little mini balls of fire, it seems), and the noob combo is still a reliable annhilator. Overcharged shot seems to track, at least a little bit. (Not as much as Halo 1. )" 4.26.12 Halo Council

-CE PP had the longest range the projectile will last and the longest range from which it will track from. It also didn't require the crosshair to be on the enemy.
-H2 PP had the strongest tracking. It also didn't require the crosshair to be on the enemy and could track from a big range.
-H3 PP was nerfed in tracking, speed, and range.
-Reach PP improved tracking but everything else was toned down afaik.

I'd still like to see a PP overcharge reminiscent of CE.
I guess the question is, will it be much faster or faster at all to overcharge/swap/headshot than simple headshot kill exclusively with a precision weapon? Because as long as it's not faster, I'm fine with all of its other uses.
We'll have to see how nerfed the tracking is.
hope they nerf the tracking to vehicles cuz else al the covvie vehicles are going to be worthless