Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
With all this talk about Naval Space combat in the novels, comics, video games, pictures and lore its about time we get some in multiplayer.

Halo 4 should take Starwars Battlefront 2's style of mulitplayer Space battle and adapt it to halo 4, whilst adding numerous more interesting additions of there own(like player control of frigates and crusiers)

Just imagineSWBF2 Space Battlecombined with lame oldThis.
25 thanks for this post
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron is the way I would want to go.
i'm still skeptical about PLAYERS controlling the ships themselves
i'm fine with turrets and inner defense/maintenance though

still, we don't have enough starfighters
and no, we can't use Longswords and boosterframes
Yeah I agree with you 100% the old star wars games were f'n dope and the space combat in Reach was just piss poor.
Itzy Bitsy Cat;959742 wrote:
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron is the way I would want to go.
Yes 100% agree for Halo 5 and 6 ! Space to Atomosphere to Ground would be epic but less plausible for this consoles processing power. So to introduce us, load us up on frigates with pelicans vultures long swords short swords and sabres. Than let us play ctf, it would be epic
SaItyKoalaBear;959732 wrote:
With all this talk about Naval Space combat in the novels, comics, video games, pictures and lore its about time we get some in multiplayer.

Halo 4 should take Starwars Battlefront 2's style of mulitplayer Space battle and adapt it to halo 4, whilst adding numerous more interesting additions of there own(like player control of frigates and crusiers)

Just imagineSWBF2 Space Battlecombined with lame oldThis.

I miss SWBF2 :'(. That was the first game i ever owned for xbox, and i played the crap out of it. One day we got it taken to the cleaner, broken...

I approve this idea. SWBF2 did many things right, and that was one of them. I Would really love to see something like that in halo graphics and gameplay (it would be the game of all games.)

I approve (not that you need my approval.)
Dare to believe.
SaItyKoalaBear;959767 wrote:
[quote=Itzy Bitsy Cat;959742] pelicans vultures long swords short swords and sabres. Than let us play ctf, it would be epic

not to disagree with you here, but none of these Aircraft are fine for Halo Space multiplayer

don't get me wrong, all these vehicles would be awesome, but they just wouldn't work
there is some good reasoning behind it
Twizzsted;959753 wrote:

Its halo 4, multiplayer takes place onboard a massive unsc ship space battle tech is booming cldnt they just come up with some new ones eh?
As for player ship control
Possibly a bridge room where players can "somewhat" control the main ship by moving it to differing areas on a virtual 3d map of the battlefield. Thats for the flagship, as for the frigates you could totally let players control them in a much slower form of a star-fighter type control.
I've suggested stuff similar to this a few times in some threads here and there within the past few months, but it's really nice to see somebody make a thread about it! I am most definitely in agreement with you on this idea!
SaItyKoalaBear;959790 wrote:
Twizzsted;959753 wrote:

Its halo 4, multiplayer takes place onboard a massive unsc ship space battle tech is booming cldnt they just come up with some new ones eh?
As for player ship control
Possibly a bridge room where players can "somewhat" control the main ship by moving it to differing areas on a virtual 3d map of the battlefield. Thats for the flagship, as for the frigates you could totally let players control them in a much slower form of a star-fighter type control.

i'm thinking that the Flagship should be AI controlled (it has a set path to fly) so that some moron doesn't break the spawning area for mainline attacks

as for frigates and corvettes, yeah, i could see Players piloting those,
people could choose to spawn in either that flag ship (more fighter options, and heavy firepower) or they could choose to spawn in the frigate (you can fly close to the enemy, and you have some guns and cannons to help)
Twizzsted;959786 wrote:
SaItyKoalaBear;959767 wrote:
[quote=Itzy Bitsy Cat;959742] pelicans vultures long swords short swords and sabres. Than let us play ctf, it would be epic

not to disagree with you here, but none of these Aircraft are fine for Halo Space multiplayer

don't get me wrong, all these vehicles would be awesome, but they just wouldn't work
there is some good reasoning behind it

Im very glad you are that passionate about it to know those wouldn't work. Therefore as I indicated in my above post some new space craft to fill a variety of roles would have to be created, which in the halo 4 universe i dot see as implausible at all. So scrap the ones i said, it was merely an example haha
If I am correct a good portion of the starwars Battle front 2 team is in 343
BLAARG EM;959814 wrote:

Yoink!
you are lying
there is no way that can be right!

/Not To be offensive

how can that be??
is this legit?
source?
Twizzsted;959821 wrote:
BLAARG EM;959814 wrote:

Yoink!
you are lying

/Not To be offensive

how can that be??
is this legit?
source?

Look at ow many people are from pandemic
Twizzsted;959821 wrote:
BLAARG EM;959814 wrote:

Yoink!
you are lying

/Not To be offensive

how can that be??
is this legit?
source?

It is legit, 20 or so of Pandemic employees moved over. Sauce.
Twizzsted;959803 wrote:

i'm thinking that the Flagship should be AI controlled (it has a set path to fly) so that some moron doesn't break the spawning area for mainline attacks

as for frigates and corvettes, yeah, i could see Players piloting those,
people could choose to spawn in either that flag ship (more fighter options, and heavy firepower) or they could choose to spawn in the frigate (you can fly close to the enemy, and you have some guns and cannons to help)

In Multiplayer matches, yes. But leave an option for custom games of player control, i say this because with knowledgeable flagship captains we cld see some very competitive game play.

I would also like to see a ships destruction affect it in more dynamic ways, for example. If a ships engines and or control thrusters are damaged or destroyed it will affect the ships movement capability.

I also love love the idea of having the frigates as a secondary spawn area. Its very dynamic because if you lose your firgates you also loose a spawn option. This would likely prompt players to think differently about how aggressive or rather non aggressive they want to be with there frigates.
BLAARG EM;959828 wrote:
Twizzsted;959821 wrote:
BLAARG EM;959814 wrote:

Yoink!
you are lying

/Not To be offensive

how can that be??
is this legit?
source?

Look at ow many people are from pandemic

My face as i read this
I completely agree, I also think that we should see sabres and seraphs in atmosphere shooting at players below, naturally this would also mean that we would need some AA weapons and turrets to be able to balance it out. Maybe increase the lock-on range and speed of rocket launchers, or bring back missile pods with increase range and missile speed.
killrraider13;959838 wrote:
I completely agree, I also think that we should see sabres and seraphs in atmosphere shooting at players below, naturally this would also mean that we would need some AA weapons and turrets to be able to balance it out. Maybe increase the lock-on range and speed of rocket launchers, or bring back missile pods with increase range and missile speed.

I hated the missile pods in Halo 3 they were just a pointless addition in my opinion.
You know what else Halo 4 should do that SWBF did?
Make awesome maps!
I hope you're right about a large portion of 343 being made up of SWBF designers.
Then I would be absolutely certain that Halo 4 is gonna be awesome.
- III P u r 3 III -
123Next >3 Pages