Notification

Icon
Error

We obviously know we will be seeing some new gametypes for Halo 4? What kind of gametypes would you like to see/think would be good for Halo 4?

Borrowing ideas from Gears, I would like to see a Guardian like gametype. That is in a 4v4 scenario there are 2 leaders, and once you kill the enemy leader, the other team can no longer respawn. The game plays out until the one team has no more players alive.

Game Types:

1. New Infection Gametypes
(a) A ‘tag’ game where you do not want to be ‘it.’ The first person to die would be ‘it,’ and they must kill someone else to get rid of the ‘virus,’ the person with the least amount of time with the virus at the end wins.
(b) A gametype where if you have the virus too long, you die and don’t come back (tag elimination).

2. Bring back VIP

3. All types of Territories (including Halo 3's take all to win)

4. For Infection: have an option for everyone to start out human. First person to be killed by another human will be infected. It is better than randomly selecting an infected person.

Custom Game Options to add:

1. Toggle (on/off):
(a) Fall damage
(b) Scopes
(c) Non-detachable turrets
(d) Night or day
(e) Weather effects (rain, snow, etc.)
(f) ‘Resolve ties’ option
(g) ‘Force even teams’ option
(h) UNSC vs. Covenant for all gametypes
(i) UNSC vs. Covenant Weapon/Vehicle toggle (if turned on, Elites can only use their own weapons/vehicles, and vice versa)

2. Vehicle respawn modifier. (Ex. Setting vehicles to ‘no respawn.’)
3. Weapon respawn modifier. (Ex. Setting weapons to ‘half-time’ respawn.)
4. Set rounds to ‘first to . . .’
5. Random weapons on map, not a random set of weapons
6. ‘Team traits’ for all gametypes (Ex. Starting one team out with swords and the other with shotguns in CTF or slayer, or playing a Splinter Cell-like territories game)
7. Add Multi-team Assault
8. Name loadouts
9. Limit which vehicles, items, and weapons each team can and cannot use.
10. Health decay which eventually results in death unless replenished by vampirism
11. Set the infected to become Elites or the Flood
12. RACE: Allow teams and random checkpoints
13. Be able to get extra points for kills in gametypes like King of the Hill, Oddball, etc.
14. Allow vehicle indestructibility and yet still allow people to die in the vehicle.
15. For gametypes where people can only die by assassination, require players to hold down the melee button for a true assassination, do not allow people to die by merely getting tapped in the back for this game option.
16. Add an option for complete invisibility like in Halo 3
17. Allow infection with 1 life to work. The game does not end when the zombie dies.
18. Edit player traits with a loadout (gravity, shield, etc.)
19. Zombie loadouts

Missing Halo 3 Options that were not in Reach:

SLAYER
1. Assist points
2. Elimination points

ODDBALL
1. Kill points
2. Ball kill points
3. Ball carrier kill points
4. Initial ball delay
5. Ball respawn delay
6. Ball count

KING OF THE HILL
1. On hill points
2. Uncontested control points
3. Off hill points
4. Kill points

TERRITORIES
1. Respawn on capture
2. Defender traits
3. Attacker traits

JUGGERNAUGHT
1. Takedown points
2. Goal arrival points
3. Suicide points
4. Betrayal points
5. First jugg (random, first kill, first death)
6. Next jugg (Killed by jugg, random, killer of jugg)
7. Next jugg delay
8. Allied against jugg
9. Goal zones
10. Goal zones movement
11. Goal zone order
12. Respawn on lone juggernaut (allows respawn of dead players when jugg dies, even if out of lives)

INFECTION
1. Alpha zombie traits
2. Next zombie (winner)
3. Percentage of zombies

OTHER
1. Shield Vampirism
2. Grenade Regeneration
3. Respawn on kills
4. Shield/health decay
I have two AWESOME ideas for new stuff:

1) Artifact: two teams must reach an artifact in the middle of the map (only works in big team?). Once the artifact is taken, it must be brought back to your team's base. Essentially, it will work similar to any flag/oddball. After it is taken to your base, you must hold on to it for two minute (till backup arrives- not necessarily visually represented, just an excuse for a timer). If the team manages to hold on to the Artifact, they win. Now, here's the fun part: the Artifact grants players in it's vicinity special treats which can be customized in custom games. The traditional traits are X2 over-shields and a slow 70% movement speed (with a fix for the throw/pick-up exploit). Every few seconds, the Artifact will release an EMP blast that will rupture shields and stop vehicles (rendering driving in the passenger seat pointless) and will very quickly regenerate the shields of players in the vicinity- again, to X2 Overshields "(normal Overshields). Perfecting this gametype will require good timing and there will surely be chaos across a big team playing field with a lot of vehicles going crazy due to the artifact's effects. This could create fun, crazy moments!

2) Assassin: this is a multi-round combination of VIP and Juggernaut where one player (the Assassin) must assassinate the VIP while fending off his guards. The Assassin is tougher health-wise and is completely invisible. He uses a sword (for obvious reasons). The VIP has X2 Overshields and only a pistol. Guards do not respawn, which means rounds will be short as hell. Guards are normal Spartans with shotguns and a utility weapon. There is a destination to which the VIP must go, far away, and if he makes it he wins the round. It will be very hard, though, because the assassin MUST be overpowered by far.
I would like to see a ranked FFA playlist.

Halo got too team oriented with Reach.
Bring back VIP.

ran and shai;705064 wrote:
I have two AWESOME ideas for new stuff:
2) Assassin: this is a multi-round combination of VIP and Juggernaut where one player (the Assassin) must assassinate the VIP while fending off his guards. The Assassin is tougher health-wise and is completely invisible. He uses a sword (for obvious reasons). The VIP has X2 Overshields and only a pistol. Guards do not respawn, which means rounds will be short as hell. Guards are normal Spartans with shotguns and a utility weapon. There is a destination to which the VIP must go, far away, and if he makes it he wins the round. It will be very hard, though, because the assassin MUST be overpowered by far.

Posted by: Ultimate Rc
Well thats an FFA gametype like Living dead. How many players are there? What is the scoring like? No-one wants to be the VIP again (by the sounds of it), normal players have only 1 target, and then have to sit out for the remainder of the round - doesn't honestly sound like fun!
SpringBreakk 08;705009 wrote:
1. New Infection Gametypes
(a) A ‘tag’ game where you do not want to be ‘it.’ The first person to die would be ‘it,’ and they must kill someone else to get rid of the ‘virus,’ the person with the least amount of time with the virus at the end wins.
(b) A gametype where if you have the virus too long, you die and don’t come back (tag elimination).

That already exists, I think. It's a Juggernaut variant.
Out to lunch.
| We're not rejects; We get Rejections | The real #1 Doodle fanboy! |
As for what I want, I'd just like variables of 5% in custom game options, and points per kill in all the objective gametypes. Also I'd like Stockpile to add points at the same time you put a flag in the drop zone.
Out to lunch.
| We're not rejects; We get Rejections | The real #1 Doodle fanboy! |
I would like to see a game type with influence from Halo Wars.

You would have two point scoring systems working at the same time. You get points for kills that go towards a score (Firefight) and the same amount go towards a credit score that you can use to buy and upgrade things. Lets take vehicles for example you would buy a warthog, the chain gun warthog is the standard and would take 10-15 seconds to spawn and then you can upgrade it to a gauss warthog. So once you have the Gauss warthog research unlocked it then becomes the standard version.

There would be two teams that have a base each to defend and the only way to win is to destroy the bases core by shooting it (adds interactivity) or when the time runs out the team with the most points wins. You can also use points to repair the core as well as add defences.

The credit system would be Individual so that you don't have people spending your hard earned credits when your trying to save up for something. The scoring would be team based.

FFA Infection. Just like normal FFA, except when you kill someone, they switch to your team.
I'd like existing gametypes in Reach fixed up.

Infection:

Put in some FREAKING INFECTION MAPS! Halo 3 had maps specifically designed for Infection, and it was great. Reach had the regular maps, and it was a huge step down in both fun and gameplay. Get some 343 Infection maps to begin with, then add user created maps as they come in. Infection just is not fun on the default maps, it's just modified Slayer. Infection maps are what make it it's own gametype.

Invasion:

Can't really say yet since I don't know what the enemy species will be or whether or not they'll even be in MM. Time will tell.

Sniper:

Same as Infection, the maps in Team Snipers are mostly bad for Team Snipers. You know what are not a good sniping maps? Reflection. Boardwalk. Why? Because they come down to people running at each other and then having what I call the "Small Map Sniper Dance," where you come across someone and you both immediately start jumping around and unloading until someone grabs a headshot or a double body shot.

On small maps, it's not "Team Snipers," it's "Team Slayer: Featuring the Sniper Rifle." That's no fun. Make the Snipers playlist about sniping or at least heavily weight the largest maps to come up the most often.
Xmark120;705075 wrote:
I would like to see a ranked FFA playlist.

Halo got too team oriented with Reach.

Agreed, FFA is almost non-existantant. and that is were many game types shine.
i would also like to see a
FFA SWAT
NINJA NAUT
FEISTA NAUT
JUGGERNAUT / NOT IT
KING OF THE HILL - rare these days
SHOTTY SNIPES
VIP
ODDBALL
and one of my own customs, call it Gone native its a FFA with snipers and BR, no shields, or radar, forced black color scheme for all but the leader, he is forced red.

Tug of War. It's a bit like Infection with two teams of zombies. Basically, if you're killed by somebody you join their team, first team to assimilate everybody wins. There's all sorts of possible variants.

This idea has been knocking around since before Halo 3 went gold, it'd be great if it finally saw the light of day.
Can't think of a name for it. But basically a weapon spawns on the map. And the longer you hold it the more points you earn. It has infinite ammo but you can't switch weapons while holding it.