Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
About Me!

Gamertag:
eben gibon king

Origin of gamertag:
It's a weird one but the day before I made an Xbox Liva account, we had the tv on some crappy game show and they'd decided to do an episode with kids/teenagers as the contestants. Anyway, one of the kids was called Eben and his "special area of interest" was Gibbons. My Dad yelled "Eben! King of the gibbons!" and that just stuck in my head.

About Halo!

Halo game(s) you are currently playing:
Reach/Anniversary on and off.

Favorite map, game type and playlist:
Gametype would probably be Free for All or Team Slayer.

Maps is a harder one. For Halo CE it would probably be Boarding Action. Halo 2 is a toss up between Relic and Gemini. Halo 3 it's either Longshore or Sandtrap. Reach it's between any of the Noble map pack and Highlands (yes I like Highlands, crazy huh?). And CEA (I know it's Reach but.. whatevs) Ridgeline, Solitary or High Noon.

Playlist is probably the Anniversary playlist.

Least favorite map, game type and playlist:
Unfortunately, I have to see that my least favourite maps are the ones built in to Reach.

Not sure about gametype or playlist.

Preferred control scheme:
Recon!

Favorite Halo character:
Thel "Arbiter" 'Vadam

Favorite Halo book:
Either Cryptum, Fall of Reach or Ghosts of Onyx. I'm yet to read Primordium and Glasslands

Favorite Halo quote:
"Quando il gioco è finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola.", which translates to "When the game is over, the king and the pawn go in the same box."

Halo creations:
Halo 4 trailer.

Other stuff!

Other game(s) you are currently playing:
Currently playing Zelda: Skyward Sword and Transformers: War for Cybertron

Favorite music:
The Cure, Lana Del Rey, Gotye, David Bowie, The Beatles, Here's To You - Ennio Morricone (MGS4), Way to Fall - Starsailor

Favourite movie:
Lion King!

Also: Men Who Stare at Goats, Transformers, Memento, Caddyshack

Favorite TV show:
Jekyll, Life on Mars (the English one), Beast Wars

Favorite quote:
"And all men kill the thing they love,
By all let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword."

Anything else we should know?
I'm Australian, I'm doing a media studies course majoring in Film and Television and Sub-Majoring in Animation. I'm a big supporter of bringing back some of what made old games great, I wont back down from my opinion unless someone has solid evidence to prove it wrong.
LOL, you waited longer than I did and "pictures of you" is one of my all time favorite songs. Nice to get to know you =)
Pictures of you is definitely a great one.
Welcome to Way....no wait a minute.. you probably been here longer than i have! lol

Anyways better late than never!

PeacE

ShadEO9
"welcome" to the forums! haha loved the story behind your GT.
eben gibon king;560091 wrote:
About Me!

Gamertag:
eben gibon king

Origin of gamertag:
It's a weird one but the day before I made an Xbox Liva account, we had the tv on some crappy game show and they'd decided to do an episode with kids/teenagers as the contestants. Anyway, one of the kids was called Eben and his "special area of interest" was Gibbons. My Dad yelled "Eben! King of the gibbons!" and that just stuck in my head.

About Halo!

Halo game(s) you are currently playing:
Reach/Anniversary on and off.

Favorite map, game type and playlist:
Gametype would probably be Free for All or Team Slayer.

Maps is a harder one. For Halo CE it would probably be Boarding Action. Halo 2 is a toss up between Relic and Gemini. Halo 3 it's either Longshore or Sandtrap. Reach it's between any of the Noble map pack and Highlands (yes I like Highlands, crazy huh?). And CEA (I know it's Reach but.. whatevs) Ridgeline, Solitary or High Noon.

Playlist is probably the Anniversary playlist.

Least favorite map, game type and playlist:
Unfortunately, I have to see that my least favourite maps are the ones built in to Reach.

Not sure about gametype or playlist.

Preferred control scheme:
Recon!

Favorite Halo character:
Thel "Arbiter" 'Vadam

Favorite Halo book:
Either Cryptum, Fall of Reach or Ghosts of Onyx. I'm yet to read Primordium and Glasslands

Favorite Halo quote:
"Quando il gioco è finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola.", which translates to "When the game is over, the king and the pawn go in the same box."

Halo creations:
Halo 4 trailer.

Other stuff!

Other game(s) you are currently playing:
Currently playing Zelda: Skyward Sword and Transformers: War for Cybertron

Favorite music:
The Cure, Lana Del Rey, Gotye, David Bowie, The Beatles, Here's To You - Ennio Morricone (MGS4), Way to Fall - Starsailor

Favourite movie:
Lion King!

Also: Men Who Stare at Goats, Transformers, Memento, Caddyshack

Favorite TV show:
Jekyll, Life on Mars (the English one), Beast Wars

Favorite quote:
"And all men kill the thing they love,
By all let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword."

Anything else we should know?
I'm Australian, I'm doing a media studies course majoring in Film and Television and Sub-Majoring in Animation. I'm a big supporter of bringing back some of what made old games great, I wont back down from my opinion unless someone has solid evidence to prove it wrong.

Hmm, i thought your Gt was pretty original but now being able to see why you name it for what its means seems pretty original. Pretty slick.

FFA is fun but out off all the names for the titles for FFA which one would you pick?
Free for All,Rumble Pit,Lone wolves!

Ghost of Onyx is beyond amazing IMO!

Zelda skyward sword is pretty fresh to the zelda title. I think the playing style was pretty good but at least it isn't as cheesy as a train.. Transformers,War of Cybertron how is that?

I think you found the meaning to music. Beatles are just freaking wow classics musicians.

That book is ingrained in my head! Men who stare at goats! Weirdest title ever.

Beast Wars was one of the saturday classics to the retro's in the 90's!

I also agree with words of wisdom on relating truth and theory with fact and scientific kick of proof! Sounds logical to me.

Once again welcome and hope to chat with you more often. I find your posts very useful and well knowledgeable.

Kudos bro!

Hey, Eben.

Saw you like Beast Wars and Transformers. Very nice! And good luck with College, man!
Toa Freak;562217 wrote:
Hey, Eben.

Saw you like Beast Wars and Transformers. Very nice! And good luck with College, man!

They're great! Beast Wars is one of the defining shows from my childhood and managed to stand the test of time. University actually (not to many colleges in Australia) but thanks all the same man!

BLOOD 0F GANON;562208 wrote:

Hmm, i thought your Gt was pretty original but now being able to see why you name it for what its means seems pretty original. Pretty slick.

FFA is fun but out off all the names for the titles for FFA which one would you pick?
Free for All,Rumble Pit,Lone wolves!

Ghost of Onyx is beyond amazing IMO!

Zelda skyward sword is pretty fresh to the zelda title. I think the playing style was pretty good but at least it isn't as cheesy as a train.. Transformers,War of Cybertron how is that?

I think you found the meaning to music. Beatles are just freaking wow classics musicians.

That book is ingrained in my head! Men who stare at goats! Weirdest title ever.

Beast Wars was one of the saturday classics to the retro's in the 90's!

I also agree with words of wisdom on relating truth and theory with fact and scientific kick of proof! Sounds logical to me.

Once again welcome and hope to chat with you more often. I find your posts very useful and well knowledgeable.

Kudos bro!

I'd probably choose free for all, it's a little more self descriptive which should make things easier for newer players. Lone Wolves is alright too.

I was so relieved with Skyward Sword, made up for how disappointing I found Twilight Princess. War for Cybertron is pretty good. Fun campaign but that's literally the only thing you can play offline. The environments get pretty repetitive and some of the transformations are fairly useless but overall it's pretty fun.

Men who stare at goats is a terrific book and an equally brilliant movie.

Thanks man, I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you around the forums.
I would say "Welcome to Waypoint!" but it's very obvious that you know your way around here!

I love the story behind your gamertag! That's awesome!
Come out and taste the Grunty justice!
@halosaurus
Better late than never!
You were always one of them funny guys on the forums with the traditional witty humor. Hope to shoot baskets soon in the threads with ya and thank you.
Welcome to the forums!

And wow, that was a really nicely sorted out OP. Props.
Congrats on CMotW! You really deserve it! :D
Congrats on CMotW !
Just browsing while composing

Update 8. Halo 3 Disc, 2
Halo Sheet Music Collection Thread
Congrats on CMOTW, Eden!
And there's another for CMoTW!

Congratulations! You really do deserve it!
Dare to believe.
Congratulations :)
Wake me, when you need me
Forum Ranking | Member Ranks
Congratulations!
12Next >2 Pages