Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»5 Pages
Yes. I want them. Before we begin I want to make this clear I do not want this idea applied to all Playlists.

Look at the maps Halo has had. Centrally placed Power Weapons, sometimes mutually placed Power Weapons on opposite sides of a symmetrical maps. All of them sprinkled with non-default non-power weapons. Weapons like the Repeater, Needler, PR, etc.

What if instead of placing those weapons around the maps we just let the players spawn with those weapons?

Uncompetitive you say? I suppose so. But these uncompetitive mash ups of AR vs Needler and the like already happen at lower tiers of play. Letting players choose their spawn weapon streamlines the process so they don't spawn and hunt down the weapon of their choice and then engage in the conflict. On the plus side we get less cluttered maps and so that developers and forgers can focus on Power Weapon balance.

Loadouts can be of benefit to gameplay as we've seen in Invasion.

And again I emphasis that I do not want this applied to all playlists. Social or a select few playlists only. And by default no Power Weapons or Plasma Pistols. And with this new update I also request that we get more room for Loadouts in the in game UI, better controls so that we can enable Power Weapon and Turret selection as well, and even allowing us to edit Base Player Traits per individual Loadout.
Personally, Firefight and Invasion are the only places I wouldn't be annoyed seeing loadouts. I'm not a fan of the concept at all.
If loadouts return (which I would like too), I hope they return specifically for very rare use in MM (specific playlists), and that there are more options attached to them in Customs, such as how much ammo each weapon comes with, custom traits for each loadout, "timers" on loadouts to limit usage etc.

And while I think AAs should return, they should ONLY come back as pickups in default gametypes, only specific gametypes like Invasion and Customs should allow the option to turn on spawning with AAs.
Methew;517435 wrote:
[SNIP] Letting players choose their spawn weapon streamlines the process so they don't spawn and hunt down the weapon of their choice and then engage in the conflict. [SNIP]

^LOL

What game have you been playing?

Halo has always been about going and GETTING your weapons before the other team IMHO, aside from Reach.
@Mathew, I quite like your idea
eben gibon king;517460 wrote:
Personally, Firefight and Invasion are the only places I wouldn't be annoyed seeing loadouts. I'm not a fan of the concept at all.

Deddarth;517511 wrote:
Methew;517435 wrote:
[SNIP] Letting players choose their spawn weapon streamlines the process so they don't spawn and hunt down the weapon of their choice and then engage in the conflict. [SNIP]

^LOL

Halo has always been about going and GETTING your weapons before the other team IMHO, aside from Reach.

You have a point, but it gets irritating, especially when the other team has a spawn advantage on a map like Pinnacle. It takes less than 10 seconds for Blue Team to grab the rockets, shotgun, and sniper. It takes less than 3 for Blue Team to grab the sword on Sword Base.

Loadouts would be nice if we had a large selection of balanced weapons to choose from. I don't think having the option to spawn with a sniper and shotgun is a good idea...
Deddarth;517511 wrote:
Methew;517435 wrote:

^LOL

I agree with you. I too like the fact that you have to fight for the awesome weapons in Halo. But if they do keep/improve it so that players can choose they're spawn weapon, they should at least just make that a separate playlist or something. That way everyone is happy.
I disagree with the OP somewhat. Why streamline something that's already simple? You act as though looking for weapons is a complicated process that requires leveling up and stat allocation (with a very fail-complicated RPG inventory system to boot).

Stop pretending it is because it's not. If player wants a weapon (say a Plasma Repeater or Needler), go look for it. Halo 4 shouldn't be holding the players hand in such a way, regardless if you think it's "simpler" just to give cool, non power weapons off spawn. I say keep this aspect of Halo the same, it promotes map movement and that "treasure hunt" like feel to the game.

Of course, if this new idea is just limited to Invasion and Firefight (and whatever else it can fit in) then i don't mind the idea so much but for more serious competitive playlists? Nope.
"As per the Birthday Contingency, we are partying on all fronts."- False Perception
LuridShadowX;517527 wrote:
Deddarth;517511 wrote:
Methew;517435 wrote:

^LOL

You have a point, but it gets irritating, especially when the other team has a spawn advantage on a map like Pinnacle. It takes less than 10 seconds for Blue Team to grab the rockets, shotgun, and sniper. It takes less than 3 for Blue Team to grab the sword on Sword Base.

Loadouts would be nice if we had a large selection of balanced weapons to choose from. I don't think having the option to spawn with a sniper and shotgun is a good idea...

That can be solved with forge, but only if it's implemented in the right way.(i.e. Playlist updates, many and often)
LuridShadowX;517527 wrote:
Deddarth;517511 wrote:
Methew;517435 wrote:

^LOL

[SNIP] on a map like Pinnacle [SNIP]

^LolReaches bad maps?

Not to be an -Yoink!- or anything, but I think most maps have been fairly balanced aside from the horrible map set-list Bunghole gave us for Reach. Pinnacle was horribly made in comparison to the original Ascension, and was not NEARLY to scale. It wasn't balanced AT all I will admit, but I don't think any of the maps on Reach were.
Deddarth;517540 wrote:
^LolReaches bad maps?

Not to be an -Yoink!- or anything, but I think most maps have been fairly balanced aside from the horrible map set-list Bunghole gave us for Reach. Pinnacle was horribly made in comparison to the original Ascension, and was not NEARLY to scale. It wasn't balanced AT all I will admit, but I don't think any of the maps on Reach were.

Some of Reach's maps are good. Highlands, Hemorrhage, Condemned and a few others. Too bad they're all either DLC or remakes.
Customs only.
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
A Critical H1T;517534 wrote:
I disagree with the OP somewhat. Why streamline something that's already simple? You act as though looking for weapons is a complicated process that requires leveling up and stat allocation (with a very fail-complicated RPG inventory system to boot).

Stop pretending it is because it's not. If player wants a weapon (say a Plasma Repeater or Needler), go look for it. Halo 4 shouldn't be holding the players hand in such a way, regardless if you think it's "simpler" just to give cool, non power weapons off spawn. I say keep this aspect of Halo the same, it promotes map movement and that "treasure hunt" like feel to the game.

Of course, if this new idea is just limited to Invasion and Firefight (and whatever else it can fit in) then i don't mind the idea so much but for more serious competitive playlists? Nope.

Treasure hunt? This isn't about power weapons. Spikers, Plasma Pistols, et cetera. All they do is clutter up the match, why not let people who like them pick them up off spawn? If Halo 4's sandbox is anywhere close to good, it'll have a utility weapon skilled players will be able to win with anyway.
No load outs, but if there were AA's in Halo 4, i would like them in the main menu, you know?

Helmet
Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Chest Armor
Back Armor
Kneepads
Wrists
Utility's
Visor Colors
Armor Effects

Main Color
Secondary Color
Third Color
Armor Detail
Main Color Emblem
Secondary Color Emblem

Armor Ability: (and some of these)
Sprint
Jump-pack
Teleportion (only teleports 3 feet away and only can do it once per life)
Camouflage
Bullet Control (when u fire a sniper, u could control where the bullet goes, just like in stronghold)
Enhanced Radar (can see enemy's in radar, even if crouching)
EMP Burst (lets say u run into 3 Spartans meleeing, u go in-between, activate it, it sends an EMP that drains their shields, at the cost of yours too)
Extra Shield (just like over shield, except its an AA, and u don't have to pick it up during a game)

You guys know what i mean? like no load outs, you can choose and buy an AA in the armory that MIGHT (Probably) be located in the menu, like the other halo games. (Halo 3, odst and reach.

btw, i'm canadian, eh?
Deddarth;517511 wrote:

If people are fighting and dying over the Plasma Repeater something is wrong.

And how about weapons that are gifted to teams? By gifted I mean weapons that are placed near a teams intial spawn point that allows them to collect the weapon uncontested. Blue Team on Sword Base automatically gets two Needlers and yet nobody bats an eye at this fact or even considers it when formulating strategy.

Weapons like the Repeater, Needler and the like are placed like this. Why not let the player select them off spawn?
Methew;517645 wrote:
Deddarth;517511 wrote:

If people are fighting and dying over the Plasma Repeater something is wrong.

I once had someone betray me for the Plasma Rifle. Not even joking. -____-
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
@misplacedyank
only in invasion, load outs work well there. but for the rest of the game types, its a no from me.
If its a Reach/CoD/Battlefield type of loadout, then no. Keep them the hell away from Halo.

BUT if we're talking a Gears of War type loadout, I could approve of that. Allow me to explain. If we're going to be seeing multiple new weapons in the game that we've heard of in books and comics, we could have them as sort of a "weapon skin" in matchmaking. A menu would allow us to pick our weapon(aka skin) for say our assault rifle on spawn. Obviously they would operate the same, but have a different appearance and a different sound.
eben gibon king;517460 wrote:

This!

And this would also count for newer gametypes in which these loadouts would fit. Like you said 'Invasion and Firefight'.
123Next >»5 Pages