Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
In Halo 4 I want something new, skulls and terminals are great and still need to be in Halo 4.
But I have an idea.

If you played CE or CEA you might remember that video cheif found of that marine in a helmet.

I want halo 4 to have something called helmets. You find them and veiw first person video of troops before losing the helmet.

The halo 4 art trailer had pelicans so troops still might be in the game. There could be normal marines, ODST, and ODST recons like
Dare, if there still are some. (Pardon my low halo knowledge, I don't read the books or find alot of terminals)

Or they could be mini mission videos, video that you play as the helmet owner before losing the helmet.
It would be a small mission and you play with a Halo 3 ODST screen view because you wouldn't have armor, only stamina and
health (doesn't mean the cheif also has health, if you are a health hater, I'm not).

I would rather have non playable video, tell if its a good idea, if you do say if you want playable or non.
Ya, if there are marines in Halo 4 I would love to see these helmets hidden throughout the campaign.
i could see this working infact reading this i want it in halo 4
Sounds great to me, but switching to a normal trooper from the Chief would be confusing (for gameplay: changes health, so that Brute you just easily killed as the Chief is suddenly a monster) and could destroy the story--it worked in ODST because everyone was the same skill-set (ODST) but not in H4, again because you're going from Chief to marine to Chief to ODST, etc.

Again, I'm talking about playing as them, not just watching--I love the idea of watching.

What if every helmet was different spartan or marine helmets and finding them unlocks a video and the use of the found helmet in multiplayer.
So...you want Terminals, basically, that show marines instead of Forerunner stuff? I like learning more about Pre-Halo Firing information and such, rather than Future Humanity. Unless these videos portray Halsey and the other Spartans. That would be interesting. If not, it could still be pretty interesting. To each his own, I suppose.
Also I wouldn't really mind if they weren't cannon because I would love to see one showing what happened to Jun after he left Reach.
SketchyBR;469087 wrote:
Also I wouldn't really mind if they weren't cannon because I would love to see one showing what happened to Jun after he left Reach.


Why would easter eggs have to be canon? Isn't that the point of easter eggs? I doubt that the secret award room in Reach was at all canon, especially since they make references to the jumping videos and red vs. blue in it.
killrraider13;469098 wrote:
SketchyBR;469087 wrote:
Also I wouldn't really mind if they weren't cannon because I would love to see one showing what happened to Jun after he left Reach.


Why would easter eggs have to be canon? Isn't that the point of easter eggs? I doubt that the secret award room in Reach was at all canon, especially since they make references to the jumping videos and red vs. blue in it.


Its true. That wasn't canon. Bungie was giving a final salute to their loyal fans. And Easter Eggs don't HAVE to be Canon, like the legendary ending of Halo: CE
killrraider13;469098 wrote:
SketchyBR;469087 wrote:
Also I wouldn't really mind if they weren't cannon because I would love to see one showing what happened to Jun after he left Reach.


Why would easter eggs have to be canon? Isn't that the point of easter eggs? I doubt that the secret award room in Reach was at all canon, especially since they make references to the jumping videos and red vs. blue in it.

????????? That's what I said, that I wouldn't care if they're not cannon.
Ehh, I'm not really too fond of skull/terminal hunting, really, let alone I'm nottoo found of unlockables, either partially for that reason, and skill-wise. I guess I wouldn't mind terminals, or the idea of helmets much as long as they're within reasonable map location of the mission, places you'd actually expect to find them along your path, but hidden semi/somewhat decent enough because; 1 imo it's a pain to find them a lot of times. 2 I dunno, kinda a distraction really to go outta your way searching when actually focusing on the campaign itself.
EvilTwinGX;469145 wrote:
Ehh, I'm not really too fond of skull/terminal hunting, really, let alone I'm nottoo found of unlockables, either partially for that reason, and skill-wise. I guess I wouldn't mind terminals, or the idea of helmets much as long as they're within reasonable map location of the mission, places you'd actually expect to find them along your path, but hidden semi/somewhat decent enough because; 1 imo it's a pain to find them a lot of times. 2 I dunno, kinda a distraction really to go outta your way searching when actually focusing on the campaign itself.


You're not meant to find them while playing for the Campaign, they give it replay value. Also, I would like for them to be hidden so that you need to be able to think outside the box to find it, or solve some sort of puzzle, or at least need good jumping skills. For example, in Halo 3, you need to know a lot about Halo to find the I Would Have Been Your Daddy skull, if not for all the tutorials and stuff. Anyway, that would have been a true challenge if everyone didn't just look into the codes. Or at least make it like the Bandanna skull in Halo CEA, or the Iron Skull in H3, or even like the 19th and Final Data Pad of Reach (though a challenge like the 10th wouldn't be so bad).
But see that's the other thing. I also don't like watching video after video and be all like "Huh? Where's this part, what are they talking about....etc" while trying to find them. Plus why stick em in the campaign if you're meant to find em while playing it? Why not stick em in mp like they did with that 1 mp map pack in Halo 3? It's not like you have to cheat to find them. No offense, but puzzle solving is more for dungeon crawlers, which Halo isn't. Bsides, what does everyone play most on Halo anyway, as far as replay value goes? Mp. I don't know many people that like to spend much time replaying the campaign lot.
EvilTwinGX;469161 wrote:
But see that's the other thing. I also don't like watching video after video and be all like "Huh? Where's this part, what are they talking about....etc" while trying to find them. Plus why stick em in the campaign if you're meant to find em while playing it? Why not stick em in mp like they did with that 1 mp map pack in Halo 3? It's not like you have to cheat to find them. No offense, but puzzle solving is more for dungeon crawlers, which Halo isn't. Bsides, what does everyone play most on Halo anyway, as far as replay value goes? Mp. I don't know many people that like to spend much time replaying the campaign lot.


I liked replaying the campaigns of CE-ODST. Not the others so much. And your meant to find it in the campaign later on, when you get a feel of whats going on and you start examining the rest of the maps. And you mean the Mythic Map Packs. Which had skulls hidden in them. But you couldn't access them without going into forge, which is even more dull than the campaign (which isnt dull at all). And thats even worse, making you pay for easter eggs. If you don't want to look for them than don't, but others shouldn't have to pay for that experience.
Yeah, well in the case of the terminals it's not that I don't want to find them, because they adda little more dpeth into the universe itself. And again, I don't like having to hunt something down just to unlock or experience it. I'm more of the idea, like a lot of others, that when you buy something you should have access to everything available, which imo is what makes unlockables dull because they keep making them so difficult and more difficult. Plus it's not like you're really gonna be able to challenge yourself any more or less than you're able in mp just to accomplish these types of things.
EvilTwinGX;469171 wrote:
Yeah, well in the case of the terminals it's not that I don't want to find them, because they adda little more dpeth into the universe itself. And again, I don't like having to hunt something down just to unlock or experience it. I'm more of the idea, like a lot of others, that when you buy something you should have access to everything available, which imo is what makes unlockables dull because they keep making them so difficult and more difficult. Plus it's not like you're really gonna be able to challenge yourself any more or less than you're able in mp just to accomplish these types of things.


If its only the experience of viewing it you want, Youtube is wide open.

But you clearly just said you want to see it in game, without trying to earn it. That it should just ship in game, unlocked, like the Skulls in Reach. Whats the fun in using something if you didn't earn it? For example, and you gave this to me, why do you return to multiplayer? Why does it have such large replay value? To earn cR. Why do you want to earn credits? To level up. Why do you want to level up? For the glory of being a high rank. Why is being a high rank glorious? Because it shows hom much work you put into it. It shows how much you achieved, accomplished, earned. You only detest looking for this stuff in campaign because it is harder to show off, which I can understand.
You're kinda missing the point, though. Terminals provide videos, which are basically useless in mp. Plus why should videos that pertain to the universe have to be something so doifficult to find or unlockable by skill or things like that? it kinda cuts people off staying interested, really, if they aren't able to experience its content to the fullest extent possible. it's kinda like leaving people in the dark of the info/experiences they know and love. As for skulls, they provide mutators whicha re basically useless in matchmaking. Plus i don't recall older FPS like Doom or Unreal Tournament forcing us to hunt down mutators. And, the whole credits/ranking up thing in Reach, honestly at this point I could really care less what rank I reach because at the moment I'm only interested in getting enough credits I need for incliment weather armor effect. All the ranks are really doing for me right now is reminding me how much further I have to go, and even then after I've gotten that, my next focus is going to be purchasing the rest of the helmets and any other armor pieces I might want. The commendations don't really help enough because not a lot of people, like me, pay attention to each little thing and what to do to max them out, as opposed to maybe reflecting upon actions pertaining to other people's ranks.
But now your pulling us off topic. At first you were saying that you didn't like the challenge of achieving a skull/terminal, then you didn't like how it didn't help in replay value and would be better in MP, now your saying its useless in campaign AND multiplayer, And you bring up unlockables in general being unnecessary. Unless I haven't been understanding you this whole time, I am really confused.
Yeah....I don't see how I'm pulling anything off topic because everything I've explained, doesn't help replay value or whatever. And I don't know any other way way to explain it without repeating myself. The only way I can think to explain it is by making stuff unlockable, as i said earlier, it makes it more difficult for people to find/experience the content they want to experience rather than leaving therm in the dark and not being able to make any use of it. And I already pointed out that most people come back to mp for replay value, not so much campaign because for the most what they want to learn/experience they do in the campaign. Terminals would be fine in the campaign as long as they're locatable within reason and not like a hunt for skulls. And again, yeah, videos don't contirbute anything to mp really, (but they do contribute to the expereince/info/etc that keep people itnerested inthe universe),nor do mutators found via skulls; The only use those have is for custom games, so it really only makes sense to me to hide them within mp, but not matchmaking mp because mutators are completely optional. Honestly, though, either way I don't agree with mutators having to be something that need to be unlocked or hunted down at all, so it really wouldn't make much difference to me if they excluded them from campaign or mp, such as the way they were were automatically available in Reach.
I like the Idea of watching a soldiers events.

But the idea of a mini game, or an actual short event and pieces of another soldiers story that YOU could actually play is an awesome thing.
12Next >2 Pages