Notification

Icon
Error

< Previous12345Next >»6 Pages
I'd love them to make another ODST but not in the same engine. ODST used the Halo 3 engine and if they went back to that they'd receive a lot of criticism. If they do this it'll probably be in Halo 4's engine. Either way I hop they do it in the style of ODST.

On another note I'd like them to make a similar game where you play as a SIII in the SPI armor.
I personally hated ODST, but if someone wants ODST 2, I say go for it :)
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
ODST 2 would be amazing to see. Eddie Buck and the entire ODST squad made for an amazing campaign experience and honestly one of the most unique. It gave us a Halo game with open-world travel and a film-noire, sci-fi feeling and a serious plot with a lot of comic relief between the squad. It would be sweet to see them tie the story of the ODST squad to ending up with the Chief.

Halo is the new Star Wars and something more so I say keep expanding the universe and remember that 117 is not the only person deserving a close-up.
"Capt Yesterday" wrote:
ODST 2 would be amazing to see. Eddie Buck and the entire ODST squad made for an amazing campaign experience and honestly one of the most unique. It gave us a Halo game with open-world travel and a film-noire, sci-fi feeling and a serious plot with a lot of comic relief between the squad. It would be sweet to see them tie the story of the ODST squad to ending up with the Chief.

Halo is the new Star Wars and something more so I say keep expanding the universe and remember that 117 is not the only person deserving a close-up.

I agree with you on a lot of this. The squad was very like-able and I like the darker story it was trying to tell. It seemed gritty and more war like. That's one of the things I would very much like to keep if they make a second game.

I also saw a post in the ODST forums on Bungie.net, and I liked some of the ideas in there, like having a button for climbing over obstacles like the Marines and NPC's do.

But one thing that a friend of mine pointed out that I think should be fixed. In ODST, the silenced SMG and the M6C/SOCOM pistol were supposed to be weapons for ODST special forces, yet they were standard weapons for the marines in game. I think they should fix it so if they make special forces weapons again, keep it for only the ODST's to give you the feel of being special forces.
Not a big deal, but just one of those little things.
"SOSF NexAngelus" wrote:
I agree with you on a lot of this. The squad was very like-able and I like the darker story it was trying to tell. It seemed gritty and more war like.

That's one of the reasons, and a very big one, why I like ODST that much. In my opinion, H:CE, H2 and H3 were too bright, too colorful. Judging strictly from the visuals, it never appeared as if you're fighting for mankind's survival. It was much too happy-go-lucky themed.
Only if the storyline is similar to how ODST's was, lonely ODST in a big place, gotta find people, survive alone, flashbacks.

No 'SUPER SOLIDER ODST RUNNING ALL IN AND CANT DIE', that isn't how ODST was memorable to me.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
YES! Please make another ODST, except this time, if theres a sad environment (which there should be if its a ODST game) they should actually add rain. You can hear it but you cant really see it. I forget where I saw this but it was a video and they were saying something about the engine not being able to put rain in there or something.
I loved ODST. The feeling of being a normal human. Vulnerable. I put myself inside that suit; that could be me in there. I wouldn't exactly want a direct sequel, maybe a new setting, new charactes, and some new gameplay features (Sprinting plz). Make it a game in its own. Long campaign, firefight, competitive multiplayer, character customization.

And I have to agree that I ended up caring for some squadmates in ODST more than my team in Reach. Did I care when Kat got shot in the dome? No. Did I care when Romeo get nailed in the chest? Even though I didn't like Romeo as a character (smartass, cocky), yes. And also, don't add any sort of love story, didn't care for that all that much.

I have to add that I loved playing ODST on heroic or legendary. Increased the vulnerability. Again, I liked to imagine that was me. Real humans die in a couple shots, so it's perfect. It wasn't a CoD two shot kill time, but its short enough to make you not run head on into every fight.
"AnNoYiiNG" wrote:
I'drather like Halo 4.
Reach, ODST, Wars are good games (or bad, depending on your opinion) but either way they feel like distractions, side-dishes to the juicy Campagin steak of the main story arc. There are so many possibilities for a huge, epic, new and original Halo game, I'd hate to see 343 bogged down in another ODST or Reach.

As much as I like the huge, epic space operas they can't do that with every single game. Halo is a huge universe and some games aren't going to be as consequential as the main trilogy but will instead focus on more personal stories.
"x GangsterNo1 x" wrote:
"SOSF NexAngelus" wrote:
I agree with you on a lot of this. The squad was very like-able and I like the darker story it was trying to tell. It seemed gritty and more war like.

That's one of the reasons, and a very big one, why I like ODST that much. In my opinion, H:CE, H2 and H3 were too bright, too colorful. Judging strictly from the visuals, it never appeared as if you're fighting for mankind's survival. It was much too happy-go-lucky themed.

The other Halos were really bright and colorful, which I agree, doesn't give much of that Fighting for Humanity's survival feel to it. ODST and Reach were darker, but ODST seemed better out of the two.
As amazing as ODST was, I don't want a sequel.

Seriously, it would feel like it was tainting the original game. Besides, there's no more Covenant forces, no more conflict, and nothing to do in the story's current timeline.
i killed myself finding all the audio logs but, well worth the time its a story locked with in the countless others in the halo verse ^^
so i can go for another odst . :3
the night.....the hiding in the shadows...and putting clip after clip of silenced smg bullets into countless enemies x3
It needs to be longer.

And there's a few options with the storyline:

Set in Reach, following Buck.

Set after ODST, during the battle of Voi, and the flood invasion of Voi

Set on the Ark, possible Master Chief cameo.
"The Little Moa" wrote:
Only if the storyline is similar to how ODST's was, lonely ODST in a big place, gotta find people, survive alone, flashbacks.

No 'SUPER SOLIDER ODST RUNNING ALL IN AND CANT DIE', that isn't how ODST was memorable to me.

That sounds exactly like the first game. If the storyline is similar to the first, it only implies that 343 is too sluggish and unimaginative to create a new problem for the ODST's storyline, so in your hypothetical scenario, they instead appear to reintroduce us to the first game's exact same problem, showing the bright-eyed community something that would appear to be a terrible and rehashed story.
ODST 2 should be about the ODST's on Alpha Halo with missions based on the book Halo The Flood. It would a very good story and otherwise lengthy campaign
As far as the story for a possible ODST 2 game goes, have you ever noticed how many dead ODSTs there are in the mission Delta Halo from H2? They usually have some nice weapons (sniper rifles, rocket launchers) lying next to them.

I always wondered what had happened to them. How did they get there? What killed them? And why are they usually a tad off the beaten track Master Chief takes?
I've been thinking an ODST based game on the planet Reach would work.

But they need to make you love the characters. Everyone loved Dutch. In this ODST 2, he would die. In front of your own eyes, IN GAME, not a cutscene, and it would be the result of your failure. That would be a great game.

(and this happens to all the other characters as well)
Another ODST game would be amazing....but the music would have to be like the first! That was my favorite part from H3: ODST. So emotional.
"I'ld buy that for a dollar" -Robo Cop

they should make a harvest related game but make it fun and cool not like reach where characters go to die.
ODST 2 would be be very cool but don't do a knock off of the original like some people want. Flashbacks should stay unique to the original and it shouldn't be just finding your squad lost in a city again. This will make ODST lose its novelty. That said ODST was a great game and my second favorite Halo campaign
< Previous12345Next >»6 Pages