Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
So, a few months ago a guy on Halo.bungie.org's forums made a model of what he thought the assault rifle in Anniversary. This, 343, is what I think the assault rifle in Halo 4 should look like.

I don't care what the Assault Rifle looks like anymore, its one of the more bland looking weapons in Halo's sandboxes. I'm more interested in its function like its fire rate, round & clip count, damage, and accuracy.
Jeremy Graten;362862 wrote:
I don't care what the Assault Rifle looks like anymore, its one of the more bland looking weapons in Halo's sandboxes. I'm more interested in its function like its fire rate, round & clip count, damage, and accuracy.

this.
hopefully they will give it a scope, slightly increase the damage and give it some sort of headshotting capability (maybe 2 headshots to kill?). why cant it be like the mp5 in counterstrike - usually 1 bullet to the head does not get a head shot but 2 do....

the assualt rifle has been useless in every halo game. time to fix it please.
Have you ever played a halo game?
All I want back is my dual SMGs.... Halo 3 dual SMGs are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Halo 2 magnums back pre-update damage..

Duals were AMAZING!!!!!!
I'm not too crazy about dual wielding but I did love the SMG.

The assault rifle defintly deserves a places in matchmaking.
h4 needs to bring back the H3 AR, 16 rounds to kill

also i think it would be cool to bring back the CE AR, 60 rounds, but nerf it, so it takes say 25 rounds to kill
I want 343 to make the MA6B. It will look pretty much the same as the MA5B but a bit more advanced and will suit Halo4. The reason why I would like an upgrade is because the Halo3 MA5B in my opinion kind of sucked, it was ok till you found another gun, the MA5B felt really weak and the sound effect for it was really week sounding, like shooting some kind of darts or something.
Ya after using the reach assualt rifle i began to hate the sound of the halo 3 assualt rifle
I really hope they use the Halo 3/CE look. I'm not a fan of the Reach design.
The design is important.
And I desire a new design.
Considering the Chief will most likely get his UNSC ordinance from the rest of Forward Unto Dawn, it will most likely be the MA5C from Halo 3 and ODST with 32 round mags and updated graphics. MA5B is ridiculous in that it is a 7.62 mm rifle that supposedly holds 60 rounds in a mag that sits flush in the gun. Redonkulous I say. Even 32 rounds is pushing it with 7.62mm. :D
/gun nut rage rant
TexasToast712;364161 wrote:
Considering the Chief will most likely get his UNSC ordinance from the rest of Forward Unto Dawn, it will most likely be the MA5C from Halo 3 and ODST with 32 round mags and updated graphics. MA5B is ridiculous in that it is a 7.62 mm rifle that supposedly holds 60 rounds in a mag that sits flush in the gun. Redonkulous I say. Even 32 rounds is pushing it with 7.62mm. :D
/gun nut rage rant

500 hundred years in the future, they've had time to work something out.
XxX Post XxX;362899 wrote:

Duals were AMAZING!!!!!!

This!
I freaking loved my Dual SMG's! I would always run around on The Pit and sing the song that I came up for them. It went a little like this: "I rock my dual SMG's, dual SMG's. I rock my dual SMG's (continued)"

Don't get me wrong, I love the assault rifle, but I do feel as if they have to focus more on what it's actually capable of rather than what it looks like. I want it to be more of a deadlier weapon, not the full clip kill that it is now.
Matafy;364396 wrote:
XxX Post XxX;362899 wrote:

Duals were AMAZING!!!!!!

This!
I freaking loved my Dual SMG's! I would always run around on The Pit and sing the song that I came up for them. It went a little like this: "I rock my dual SMG's, dual SMG's. I rock my dual SMG's (continued)"

Don't get me wrong, I love the assault rifle, but I do feel as if they have to focus more on what it's actually capable of rather than what it looks like. I want it to be more of a deadlier weapon, not the full clip kill that it is now.

Why not dual wield an AR and Magnum like Noble Six? *trollface.jpg*
I kinda like the way you think it should look. Maybe smooth it out a little and make the barrel longer to preserve the MA5C style of assault rifle. My vision of the assault rifle in Halo 4 looks like what is shown with the tweaks I mentioned.

The magazine size can stay at 32 rounds and have a kill time of around 16-20 rounds.

The rate of fire could be slightly faster than the Halo 3 assault rifle's rate of fire, but only slightly or it would possibly be OP.

The sound could be a mix between the way it sounded in Halo 3: ODST and Reach so you could still have that Halo 3 feel with a slightly more rugged sound.

And finally, the reload sequence. I would like to see a reload sequence similar to the Halo: CE reload sequence: pulling the charging handle back, removing the empty magazine, slap in a fresh one, and bump the charging handle back forward. If I had the software to recreate my vision of the reload sequence on the computer screen, I would show you. Oh, and if you're reloading mid-magazine, you simply remove the mag and slap in a full one.

Please, tell me what you guys think. I don't mean to brag, but I believe this would be an excellent assault rifle and would fit perfectly in Halo 4.

Mr Idiot Man;362880 wrote:
the assualt rifle has been useless in every halo game. time to fix it please.

Somebody has never played Halo 1...
TexasToast712;364161 wrote:
/gun nut rage rant

...No, I don't think so.

343 isn't dumb enough to have the only UNSC weapons in the game be the ones used in Halo 3.

He'll get the UNSC ordinance from UNSC forces, of course. *points at UNSC Infinity*
DonnyDoo22;505239 wrote:
I kinda like the way you think it should look. Maybe smooth it out a little and make the barrel longer to preserve the MA5C style of assault rifle. My vision of the assault rifle in Halo 4 looks like what is shown with the tweaks I mentioned.

The magazine size can stay at 32 rounds and have a kill time of around 16-20 rounds.

The rate of fire could be slightly faster than the Halo 3 assault rifle's rate of fire, but only slightly or it would possibly be OP.

The sound could be a mix between the way it sounded in Halo 3: ODST and Reach so you could still have that Halo 3 feel with a slightly more rugged sound.

And finally, the reload sequence. I would like to see a reload sequence similar to the Halo: CE reload sequence: pulling the charging handle back, removing the empty magazine, slap in a fresh one, and bump the charging handle back forward. If I had the software to recreate my vision of the reload sequence on the computer screen, I would show you. Oh, and if you're reloading mid-magazine, you simply remove the mag and slap in a full one.

Please, tell me what you guys think. I don't mean to brag, but I believe this would be an excellent assault rifle and would fit perfectly in Halo 4.

I agree with you plus they should add 2x zoom then it would be perfect.
Keep the AR at Reach's ability, focus on adding ODST weapons.

Seriously, the Silenced SMG with a scope is in my top 3 Halo Universe weapons. I would also like 343 to get rid of/downplay the Magnum and replace (or add) the ODST pistol.

123Next >3 Pages