Notification

Icon
Error

Simple question I have.

I need a rough estimate of how long it takes for an averaged skilled player to get to the rank of general?

[im pretty good at RTSs so im close to expert but anyways i need to know how long it would take a average player]
Forever.
According to the stats, it should take you approximately 176 games or roughly 57 hours if you get the average amount of points per game which is 5,467.

Realistically, good players normally don't get that many points if they are playing competitively, and that also cuts down on the length of the game. So it still should take around 57 hours, but over a longer span of games.

If all you are trying to get is the achievement and don't care about the game itself, try deathmatch. It can get you about 1.5x the amount of points Standard does.
the older ranking setting took me sooooo long to get that -Yoinking!- rank^^ now you are getting it much easier T_T

just play deathmatch and you'll get it quick^^ and for winning every match use the strategic points of the map your playing on :D
bb2010;320380 wrote:
According to the stats, it should take you approximately 176 games or roughly 57 hours if you get the average amount of points per game which is 5,467.

Realistically, good players normally don't get that many points if they are playing competitively, and that also cuts down on the length of the game. So it still should take around 57 hours, but over a longer span of games.

If all you are trying to get is the achievement and don't care about the game itself, try deathmatch. It can get you about 1.5x the amount of points Standard does.


Try to turtle, that'll also get you a lot of experience points.
Thanks for posting this information, it's the last achievement I need for any of the Halo games (until CEA), and I've been avoiding it because I'm pretty bad at the game, but this makes it seem a lot more reachable (though still quite time consuming...)
get a friend and boost it *gg*

i saw a few videos that show some boosting tricks with unsc bases and locust. with this method you can get MAX points that you can get in a match.

just utube it^^
SOOOOOO long, I plan on reaching it someday, I am only like 130,000 points away, which isn't that bad. but the real problem is all the rushers make the game no fun, you cant have an epic battle most of the time.
A long, LONG time.
All i want is the achivement... its the last one i need to get, for ALL halo waypoint games. I suck at RTS's. I would boost (yah i know its lame) but i cant get matched up against people i know.
didn't take me too long, i guess about 1-2 months.

I have played about 400-500 games so far. ( I hate the leaderboards reset!! )

I wish you could do over the ranks, because whenever i join a match and my teammates are generals too the opponents quit the match. Very stressing to find another match because it takes ages sometimes.
TheCribz;340269 wrote:
didn't take me too long, i guess about 1-2 months.

I have played about 400-500 games so far. ( I hate the leaderboards reset!! )

I wish you could do over the ranks, because whenever i join a match and my teammates are generals too the opponents quit the match. Very stressing to find another match because it takes ages sometimes.


But, at the same point, those Generals could be the "weak generals". I consider those the Generals that don't seem to know what a General should know.

Honestly, it took me a year. The score drop definitely helped me get there.
ANUBIS316;332859 wrote:
SOOOOOO long, I plan on reaching it someday, I am only like 130,000 points away, which isn't that bad. but the real problem is all the rushers make the game no fun, you cant have an epic battle most of the time.


Am almost 2 million points over the requirement :) if you enjoy them game time doesn't matter just have fun, if you're only looking for the achievement and nothing else, try deathmatch use tanks extra, stuff that doesn't die as easily to maximise your multiplyer
RurouniDante;340638 wrote:
TheCribz;340269 wrote:
didn't take me too long, i guess about 1-2 months.

I have played about 400-500 games so far. ( I hate the leaderboards reset!! )

I wish you could do over the ranks, because whenever i join a match and my teammates are generals too the opponents quit the match. Very stressing to find another match because it takes ages sometimes.


But, at the same point, those Generals could be the "weak generals". I consider those the Generals that don't seem to know what a General should know.

Honestly, it took me a year. The score drop definitely helped me get there.


I have no diffculty finiding mataches, just intelligent allies to play them with :( i always seem to get stuck with the brigadeer who thinks he can beat wolverenes with Vultures -_- and i haven't found anyone in 3v3's in about a month who actually uses a headset
Send a request out to some of the people that play religiously if you want help. Leaderboards have people. Some friendly, some not.

Or

Play a gametype with friends as much as possible. It will take a while, but if you want that achievement - you will have to work for it.

random 3s is a good way to get experience points. Most games if you use a rushing tactic will last around 10 minutes or less.

Just know that it takes a while.