Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
If you watch the new campaign vidoc, around the middle there are several scenes where they show a picture of the CEA skull menu. All but 3 can be confirmed to 90-100% accuracy, Here is a list I compiled:
Skulls
^^ Picture of skulls, courtesy of Lord Aldemar.

Name: Iron
Desc: a hammer with a circle around it
Effect: Makes it so if you die in solo, level is restarted. If partner dies in co-op, revert to checkpoint
Source: You can see in the video

Name: mythic
Desc: A bunch of semi-circles around eachother, like a whirlpool. It's next to iron
Effect: All NPCs health allocation is doubled
Source: It's been in Halo 3 onward using this symbol

Name: ???
Desc: A question mark inside a circle
Effect: (conjecture) I highly suspect that this skull will be like 'malfunction', but it will activate a random skull every time you respawn from death. This is just a hunch, but it seems to make sense.
Source: Conjecture

Name: Recession
Desc: A revolver with one shot in it, inside a circle
Effect: All shots fired by the player take away two bullets/charges/whatever.
Source: A PoA playthrough in NYCC (Dan Ayoub himself told about this skull)

Name: Blackeye
Desc: Skull with only one eye (don't confuse this with the eyepatch one!)
Effect: To regenerate shields, player must melee enemies
Source: It's been in Halo 3 onward using this symbol

Name: Fog
Desc: It looks like a wave inside a circle
Effect: Disables player's HUD
Source: you can see in the video

Name: Famine
Desc: A skull inside a semi-circle with four dots under it
Effect: Weapons dropped by enemies have lower ammo

Name: Boom
Desc: A bunch of lines radiating out like an explosion
Effect: Doubles the damage radius of explosions

Name: Bandana
Desc: A skull wearing a bandana
Effect: Unlimited ammo
Source: A PoA playthrough at NYCC (Dan Ayoub himself told about this skull)

Name: Grunt Funeral
Desc: Grunt with Xed out eyes
Effect: A few seconds after death, grunts asplode
Source: You can see in the video, and a pre-order bonus

Name: Grunt Birthday Party
Desc: A candle
Effect: upon a headshot death, grunts' heads blow up with confetti and a cheer
Source: It's been in every halo game besides CE, using this exact symbol

Desc: a piece of candy
Effect: ???
Source: N/A

Desc: Skull with eyepatch
Effect: ???

Name: Malfunction
Desc: skull with lightening going down its forehead.
Effect: A random element of the player's HUD is disabled
Source: You can see in the video, and hear

This is the best we can do at this point. I will try to update this as more info is released. Please discuss and come up with possible ideas for the three unknown skulls could be.
I'm liking the Bandana.....I'll defiantly need this for the Library! Muahahah!
It's going to be my favorite skull! I guess finding it would be great for completing that acheivement which requires you to complete the Library in 30 minutes or less.
ELITE SPARTAN53;293455 wrote:
It's going to be my favorite skull! I guess finding it would be great for completing that acheivement which requires you to complete the Library in 30 minutes or less.

Yeah but what video did you watch, or was it at NYCC (or I am terribly misinformed about something)
the candy one isn't IWHBYD. 343 already said that skull won't be in the game because there aren't enough dialogue lines

That one Wraith achievement will be easy to get with that too. Just find a rocket launcher and go to town.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of these skulls in action.
Really hope that the bandana skull is there, I could really use that on some points :), and it should be fun doing a mythic run with some of these skulls :).
The skull with the eyepatch means that this song will keep playing in the background of the game while you play.
I can't see IWHBYD being in CEA, solely because no new lines were added, and there probably wouldn't be enough 'rare' lines to be played.
Which is "A PoA video"?
derflatulator@halowaypoint ~ $ $DO || ! $DO; try
try: command not found
killrraider13;293625 wrote:

That one Wraith achievement will be easy to get with that too. Just find a rocket launcher and go to town.
or the achievement for beating the two betrayals without picking up a weapon. The bandana skull makes this nightmare a cakewalk.
Der Flatulator6;294239 wrote:
Which is "A PoA video"?

Might be this one.
What kind of stupid reason is: 'It's been in every game from Halo 3 forward'? If something's been in a few games before, it doesn't automatically mean they'll include it in a new release.
Royy D;294324 wrote:
What kind of stupid reason is: 'It's been in every game from Halo 3 forward'? If something's been in a few games before, it doesn't automatically mean they'll include it in a new release.
who said that?
Royy D;294324 wrote:

I don't mean that I just randomly guessed that a certain skull would be one of the old ones. For the ones that I say 'Halo 3 onward', I mean that EXACT symbol has been used in Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Reach.

Considering fog, iron, and famine all use the EXACT symbol they had in the previous games, it is simple logic that the skull using the EXACT 'mythic' symbol, for example, will be mythic.
Name: Randomize
Effect: You will start, respawn in co-op and revert to last checkpoint with random weapons.

Name: Juicy
Desc: A piece of candy
Effect: Blood of enemies different colour than they should be.

Name: Half sighted
Effect: Half of the screen is missing LEFT or RIGHT.

Possible I think.
I wonder if the skulls that make the game easier (like Bandanna) will be harder to find in the Campaign. I'm guessing that will be the case, especially if Shishka is tasked with hiding them.
killrraider13;293647 wrote:
The skull with the eyepatch means that this song will keep playing in the background of the game while you play.

lol ya totally XD
master firelee;296703 wrote:
Name: Randomize
Effect: You will start, respawn in co-op and revert to last checkpoint with random weapons.

Name: Juicy
Desc: A piece of candy
Effect: Blood of enemies different colour than they should be.

Name: Half sighted
Effect: Half of the screen is missing LEFT or RIGHT.

Possible I think.

I like your guesses for Randomize and Juicy... both very possible!
12Next >2 Pages