Reticle bloom

Armor Lock

Active Camo

Removal of Sword Block

Play Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring an HDD

CE Magnum - COMING NOVEMBER

Quote:

9/14/11 UPDATE

Read about the release dates of both the TU and beta matchmaking playlist here.

Quote:

8/31/11 UPDATE

Learn more about the specifics of the upcoming Halo: Reach Title Update here.

Quote:

8/26/11 UPDATE

The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

The Halo: Reach Title Update is now playable on the Halo Fest floor, so let the feedback begin!
This TU looks amazing, perfect tuning to refine Reach into what it should have been(imho).
I love the changes so far. I LOVE the Halo : CE pistol. I hope no bloom is here to stay!

Keep up the good work!

<343
343 has made my halo dreams come true and much more. Impossible for me to critique anything that is to be done. I'm trying to rack my brain for anything more i could possibly want.....

<3 4 <3
Overall, great changes, particularly regarding the inclusion of a 3sk pistol in the classic playlist. That said, removing sword block was a good idea, but sword lunge needs to be disabled while sprinting to prevent the sword from becoming ridiculously OP without a sword block counter.

Well I w ent to Halo Fest today.

Here is what I think.

I actually don't like Anniversary slayer. I just don't think it works. However, if you made anniversery slayer with no bloom (kind of like no bloom slayer, but with bigger jump height and faster speed) it would be perfect!

Well, almost perfect. While having no bloom speeds up gameplay, the guns do not make sense. Would it be possible to give the DMR the traits of the magnum? 3 headshots to kill, super rapid speed? And give the magnum the traits of the DMR? That way they make more sense, and the pistol we all came to love is still there, just in DMR skin.

Also, I'd like to point out that no bloom on the DMR and the needle rifle changes their power A LOT! Since the NR is semi-automatic and the DMR is not.

I think some tweeks need to be made to the guns RoF since they don't have bloom now too.

If you guys didn't change a thing, I think "no bloom slayer" would be closest to perfect. Hope you liked the feedback!

Excellent update so far, I had a great time playing them today! :)

As many have stated already, these features could (and hopefully will) be addressed:
1. Grenade nerfing...big time.
2. Evade animation vs. actual player position needs to be fixed (it is highly inaccurate)
3. Banshee bomb and Wraith blast radius reduced.
4. Buffing of the warthog.
5. Power weapons slightly nerfed (shotgun, rockets, sniper headshot hitbox).

However, I'm really glad the major issues have been taken care of. It's good to see Halo Reach in the right hands. I look forward to what's next 343!
I realize that this thread will become more relevant as we receive more information, but I felt the need to be a bit preemptive was in order...

"DesktopBarrel2" wrote:
3. If you are not doing this already, try to emulate the rest of CE's Sandbox as best as you can, that means buffing the AR to 16SK and PR(maybe even a stun effect)?, a faster shooting sniper and if possible less aim assist, more powerful shotgun,ect....

This quote is spot on. Let us not forget about the other weapons in Halo's sandbox for the Classic version of Halo Reach. I would absolutely love to use the deadly 60 Round AR and my blinding/stunning Plasma Rifle during online multiplayer. Couple that with the ridiculous TSK Pistol, and we've almost got Halo: CE's multiplayer back. Once done, we'll need to work on a Halo 2 gametype variant. :-P

While I'm here, perhaps the controversy pertaining to vehicle health/damage and the DMR/Sniper should be addressed. Just a thought. If you, the Halo Community, haven't done so already (I'm sure 343 has), take a look at the Title Update ideas in the two threads below. There is a lot of thoughtful information within.

Your "Top 5" for the Title Update
Title Update Discussion

Before I go, do we have many/any Waypoint members posting what the found at Halo Fest in regards to hands-on gameplay? I saw a few responses, but I assumed everyone was still too excited and busy to post much. It will be interesting to see what our lucky members say about the TU. I am looking forward to what tomorrow brings. See you around!

[b]-Always Hope[/b]
for the love of GOD, the armor bleed and disabling the melee sword block is AWFUL.

please don't implement these changes..... 3:
What I have seen so far has impressed me greatly (particularly all of the options regarding bloom, AA tweaking, and removing Sword blocking), however there a few a few questions I'd still like to see answered:

Will player acceleration be increased? As it stands strafing in Reach is very sluggish and makes avoiding shots very difficult because of the way the player models stop and start again when changing direction. If they either accelerated faster or had a constant speed the skill gap would open up that much further.

Is anything being done to address genuine glitches? Examples include faulty map geometry resulting in "lightspeed" hover vehicles and the Gauss hog's ability to shoot through numerous forged objects. These sort of glitches impact BTB noticeably, especially since the Gauss hog is basically impossible to justify on any map with forged objects let alone Forge World itself.

Will vehicle balance issues be addressed in the update? Things such as the Banshee bomb/flip combination should be nerfed in some way (I recommend tweaking the flips so they draw from the boost gauge). Another issue which affects vehicle gameplay negatively is the armour on light vehicles; Ghosts and Warthogs already have weakspots (fuel tank and wheels respectively) but are still generally weak to ballistic weapons, taking both large amounts of damage and also suffering from large physics impulses. Ideally I'd like to see vehicles still taking damage, but for their overall resistance buffed up slightly. Strangely however the tanks and aircraft are balanced well with the current health system however light vehicles have very little incentive to be used due to their frailty outweighing their effectiveness.
I love all the changes so far.

althought I think they should have at least one gametype with no armor abilities. They cannot change run speed and jump height and leave sprint and jetpack in it wouldnt work.

So either tak those two AA out or have playlists with either those 2 out or no AA at all and incdreases speed and jump height.
After playing the TU at Halo Fest I can say without a doubt that not having bloom is wonderful. It changes the feel of the game for the better. Plus the best part is if you want bloom, you've got it. If you don't want bloom, you've got it. Changes to AL are welcome, time to nerf the worst AA ever!

The maps themselves are absolutely beautiful!
You guys just saved Halo <3
Things I don't like. The Armor lock not removing the plasma grenade, the sword melee. Leave those in.
"bs angel" wrote:
The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

Sweet updates for Halo Reach! I love how you fix AL and Camo somewhat. But one of the things that needs to be fix for Camo is when u are standing still with Covenant weapons it seem like u flicker off and on a lot more then when u have a Human weapon. I don't understand why its like this when Covenant weapons a weaker then Human weapons when it should be just the opposite in Halo Reach. So if you could look into this it would be awesome. Thanks : )
"Sonickart" wrote:
what the he...

i like it that you can block sword lunges with a melee. it gives you a fighting chance against those noobs that use swords all the time, cause i don't use them and this has saved me a couple times. it's only fair to have that chance to fight back against a sword. it's still not that easy to kill them after cause they can lunge again and what are the chances of blocking it again then shoot and kill them. it's completely fair

i'm gonna get so pissed when they take that off. i want to block those sword noobs. armor lock can go die though, i agree with that, that ability is lucky to even be in this game and is just too overused by noobs., i think camo is okay and doesn't need changes but i don't use it so i don't care much about the changes.

"bloom"? by this you mean recoil? you mean we'll be able to shoot faster more accurately? i wouldn't mind that.

Why are you going against the sword in melee range? Generally you can just kill them by staying out of range/out positioning them. Sword is a nonissue in these circumstances.
"wwm0nkey" wrote:
"gungrave45" wrote:
Making the pistol 3sk will break the weapon balance unless the ROF is drastically reduced. Other then that the changes are good.
David Ellis confirmed the 3 shot pistol will have a new RoF

Oh rlly?! :D

Do u mind providing a link or something, just because i consider myself really up to date on everything Halo and wasn't aware of this?

Thanks man!
Faster strafe acceleration. Everyone's saying it, we need it!
take jetpacks out of ranked/arena matches or place them on the map as a power up please. i love the no bloom/ nerfed AL but doing this and giving us halo 3 strafe speed would make me a happy camper
123Next >»81 Pages