Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»12 Pages
An journey to Barnes & Noble today left me discovering several copies of the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide in stock a bit early. So I've decided to jot down some relevant information I think is important for you all. Have fun.

So that is what I think are interesting things mentioned, but I'm sure others will find other cool things that spark their imagination.

#CyborgHalsey2014/#1 Halsey Fanboy
Wow, fantastic. Thanks a lot
Nihilus Shadow;2726315 wrote:

I don't think he said only a year, just that he was in it a year before New Phoenix. So I think it still matches up nicely.
DecepticonCobra;2726318 wrote:

I don't think he said only a year, just that he was in it a year before New Phoenix. So I think it still matches up nicely.

I double checked. He doesn't say only, but he does say

"I was in the army a year before my family and friends were killed in New Phoenix."

It still sounds singular, "a year", making it hard to believe he had been in the military since 2552. Unless he wasn't being truthful about it with Halsey for whatever reason? Or he had fought in those battles in a different branch and switched to the Army sometime in 2556?
Nihilus Shadow;2726337 wrote:

"I was in the army a year before my family and friends were killed in New Phoenix."

It still sounds singular, "a year", making it hard to believe he had been in the military since 2552. Unless he wasn't being truthful about it with Halsey for whatever reason? Or he had fought in those battles in a different branch and switched to the Army sometime in 2556?

It said he joined the Army at a young age, nothing about switching branches. It mentioned he was fairly new to the Spartan-IVs as well, hence why he wears Recruit. So maybe the phrasing in-game is a bit off, so who knows. Hopefully the fiction pieces about Majestic clear some things up.
DecepticonCobra;2726340 wrote:

It said he joined the Army at a young age, nothing about switching branches. It mentioned he was fairly new to the Spartan-IVs as well, hence why he wears Recruit. So maybe the phrasing in-game is a bit off, so who knows. Hopefully the fiction pieces about Majestic clear some things up.

I'm starting to think the fiction pieces will just be what was in the visual guide :/

Watch as the fiction pieces turn out to be from the visual guide :/
DecepticonCobra;2726318 wrote:

Of course, right after this, Thorne says:

"I always thought the Spartans were special."

He could have been talking about the S-IVs (assuming he knew about them), but given his interest in the earlier Spartans, it's not a stretch to think he was referring to the Spartan-IIs. It seems unlikely he would know about the earlier generations unless he had been in the service at a time when the Spartans were really active. I may be pulling at strings here, of course.

I would also think that perhaps he didn't mean he was in the army for only a year before New Phoenix, but that's really stretching it. Still, Thorne being a 5 year vet makes more sense than being able to join the Spartans after 1 year.

@Cobra: What did the guide say about Palmer?
Toa Freak;2726369 wrote:

@Cobra: What did the guide say about Palmer?

Same things we already know, I guess her birthworld being Luna is new though.
Interesting. Anything new about Halsey?
Unless they got rid of Aine I wonder why they said "unnamed AI" for the part about Roland
No longer a Promethean No longer a Warrior-Servant. A traitor!

Archive
MSMC IS OP;2726365 wrote:

I'm starting to think the fiction pieces will just be what was in the visual guide :/

That would totally suck.
"When they break your heart, when they cause your soul to mourn, remember what I said; 'Boy you was Battle Born.'"
Looks like I may go have to pick up this boom for myself. I've always wondered about the age of Thorne, and the full names for Hoya and Madsen.

This shall greatly help me write my Halo: INFINITY fiction.
"When they break your heart, when they cause your soul to mourn, remember what I said; 'Boy you was Battle Born.'"
So this pretty much reveals that Master Chief will be looking for Mendicant Bias in Halo 5.
Does it further reveal anything about Infinity's main guns or MAC yields and post war ship capabilities?
ran and shai;2726399 wrote:
Interesting. Anything new about Halsey?

No, but the wording with her is pretty questionable. Unfortunately it just seems like more shoehorned in Halsey bashing to me. She weighs 117lbs though.

SpartanT110;2726404 wrote:
Unless they got rid of Aine I wonder why they said "unnamed AI" for the part about Roland

It didn't say "unnamed", they just didn't provide a name.

Octavian146;2726480 wrote:
Does it further reveal anything about Infinity's main guns or MAC yields and post war ship capabilities?

Not from what I've read, no.
Well, I hope to get it by the end of the week. Looks good so far.
Build an Archive of the story you love.
@HaloArchive
-The Halo Archive Awaits
The best part of that was the Autumn Class Cruiser. I like that.

Cobra, does your BN have super special connections or something? First Silentium, now this, and who knows how many more before that. =D
ZnaZanZ;2726813 wrote:
The best part of that was the Autumn Class Cruiser. I like that.

Cobra, does your BN have super special connections or something? First Silentium, now this, and who knows how many more before that. =D

I think their release schedule is fairly lax.
123Next >»12 Pages