Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»5 Pages
If you have played in the Global Championship playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.
I played 23 games so far. But when I checked the leaderboard after playing 21 games it said DNF on 2 of them (game #'s 20 & 21). I completed all games that I played & didn't quit, I NEVER QUIT GAMES. Others quit but me & some others were still playing. What does DNF mean & why does it happen when your still playing the same ppl you were playing with @ the start of the game?
It seems a lot of the people playing in this are using auto aim, and then there are the ones with lag switches. I hope the system can weed this out because it is a tremendous problem. It's way bigger than I could have ever imagined. You don't notice it in the other game types as much because their isn't as much incentive to cheat. This is sickening. Please fix this. I know I'm not very good at this game, but this is ridiculous.
With all the things that still need to be fixed in Halo 4, I don't think that another tournament is really what 343i should be doing. There are far too few people playing Halo 4 to warrant this. I think 343i needs to focus on fixing what is still broken and take steps to increase the population before thinking about more tournaments.
I'm having fun with it, good for my k/d anyway.
Ok, 343I, nice job making Infinity Rumble settings competitive. These settings need to be in rumble pit when it returns, and simply enable teams and put this in Infinity Slayer, replacing the current settings. Then Infinity settings will actualy be (GASP!) competitive.

However, 343I, HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE HALO COMMUNITY HAVE TO -YOINK-ING TELL YOU TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF FFA PLAYERS IN HALO 4 RUMBLE PIT FROM 8 TO 6?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

8 players was nice and casually competitive in Halo 3 and Reach, but in Halo 4 it just does not work. It is most certainly not competitive, and it is not even casual. It is just one giant cluster-yoink-. There is never a 1v1 duel in halo 4 rumble pit, just nothing but get caught in crossfire and kill steals, not to mention spawn killing. I know such things as kill stealing and avoiding getting caught in crossfire are essential ffa skills, but 8 player ffa just ruins the point of these skills in halo 4.

I can have the best kd in a game and come just short of winning because I was not quite agressive enough. And with 8 player ffa in halo 4, being agressive almost requires you to die a lot. And unless it is an objective gametype, I DO NOT LIKE HAVING TO DIE A LOT TO WIN.

You guys ruined the global championship tournament for me, and I know it is way too late to reduce the number of players from 8 to 6. Halo 3 lone wolves and Halo 4 regicide play perfectly and are extremely fun. I have a high tendancy to win and dominate in both. Why? BECAUSE THESE PLAYLISTS HAVE ONLY 6 PLAYERS PER GAME. That makes them so much more competitve and skillbased. 8 player ffa is way too much and crowded for Halo 4.

Please 343I, when rumble pit returns, and many halo ffa fans will agree, please make it 6 player ffa, and keep it that way both for the rumble pit playlist and the next ffa tournament you guys have.
Hi there, I have registered for Global Championship on 7/8/13, and I've played well over 20 games last night before giving up and I am still not on the leaderboards. I think it is because I changed my gamertag that I am having an issue. So if there is anyway you could help please let me know.
Figured I'd give my take on the playlist after playing awhile last night.

So after a brutal, and I do mean brutal, training week the week prior to this playlist going live, I was a little concerned, then upon entering and playing for awhile, I noticed the settings were not too shabby. I gotta give props that the spawns are ALOT cleaner, better designed, initial power weapons spawns have been tuned nicely, I like that insta respawn is out, so it's alot less like kill-trading and getting spawned in between two people already in a firefight, etc. etc.

While I would like to see a couple more maps in the playlist, I"m not gonna knock it for going with maps most people are familiar with. All in all, very solid settings, and I strongly, strongly recommend these settings (at least spawns and no instant respawn) be standard when normal rumble pit goes back up after the tournament. Thanks!
SMARTAN 427;2628440 wrote:

However, 343I, HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE HALO COMMUNITY HAVE TO -YOINK-ING TELL YOU TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF FFA PLAYERS IN HALO 4 RUMBLE PIT FROM 8 TO 6?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Im still waiting for an explanation of this, i mean 8 players in Solace still is reasonable, but 8 players on Heaven or Abandon is just completely ridiculous.
SERIOUSLY, if 343i doesnt give an explanation for this im quitting the game....I mean, its Rumble Pit day one complain, pretty much all the post in the Rumble Pit treath relate to that, only a very VERY SMALL amount of people wants 8 players in FFA, and even those people just want it for the yoinked chaos, sandviches and spawnkills it generates.
The maps don't work for it.
This playlist has been very frustrating for me so far. Mostly because of the players in it (countless camo users and assault rifle pray-and-sprayers), but I've noticed something. Unless I've been experiencing horrible lag all night, it seems to me that the 2 shot melee with the BR is not present in this. My friend also noticed this tonight and I was wondering why it's not present. I've been so used to the TU settings with the BR (which include that 2 shot melee) and its absence seems to be one of the main causes of my recently poor play.

Not that my tactic is ever to just 2 shot and rush melee, but in CQC, it is something that I heavily rely on. It seems very inconsistent again in the Championship playlist.

Also, Abandon needs to be removed from the playlist. Absolutely HORRIBLE. 8 players on a map THAT small in a FFA? It's too hectic and the spawns are horrid. The cliff spawn is easily camped by snipers either on the ridge to the right or the back corner of the cliff to the left. I can't count how many times I was spawn killed like that tonight.
I am forced to beg to ask a serious question. When a player goes 25 and 20, with 2 assists why does he deserve to "Win the game" over someone who goes 20 and 5, with 10 assists? The latter player obviously performed better in every way than the former. He rushed less, played smarter, obviously had better sprees, and is a better player. Heck, he was also obviously involved in more other players' deaths than the player who "won" just because he happened to have less passerbys steal his kills.

Shouldn't the scoring take stats like that into account? This is free for all slayer, not team objective.

Scoring should be adjusted for future weeks to punish players who die often, and reward players for assists. Let's say, + 10 poonts per kill, + 5 points per assist, -5 points per death.

As opposed to resulting in the initial player getting 250 points, and the win. The initial player would have actually scored 160, and the latter would have scored 225 points. The game may have had to go on just a little bit longer, but at least the player who was obviously performing better had the points to show for it.

Free For All scoring should not be determined the same way as Team Scoring. It never should have. Factors like 2 v 1's, and spawning farther away from other players than anyone else play too large a role in determining who is actually better than who based on killcount alone.

Scoring Free For All by kills promotes playing stupidly, rushing into chaotic fights and hoping for a few last shots. Scoring it to take these other stats into account keeps players playing smart. Thinking about their own survival as well as engaging targets and being involved in killing other players. Blending the need to play aggressively with the need to play conservatively. Punishing players who play too much one way, or too much another.

Also, having the ability to score either 5, or 10 points, would make the final fight between two players with one kill to go more interesting, and would reward someone who is doing "slightly" better than someone else in the event of a would-be tie. Because if the player in first has 245 points, and the player in second has 240, and they happen to take each other out at the same time, or both score their last kills at the same time, the player that was initially 5 points ahead will "win" because of that one extra assist, or one less death he had. Which he deserves to win over.
Colt Engineer;2628565 wrote:
Hi there, I have registered for Global Championship on 7/8/13, and I've played well over 20 games last night before giving up and I am still not on the leaderboards. I think it is because I changed my gamertag that I am having an issue. So if there is anyway you could help please let me know.

Sorry to hear that. From the Virgin Gaming registration site ( http://virgingaming.com/halo4globalchampionship/web/registration/SignUpLanding.html ):

NOTICE: Changing your GamerTag during the course of the competition will result in loss of game stats you’ve accumulated to date. We will not port over accumulated game stats to your new GamerTag. In addition, you will be required to re-register with your new GamerTag and unique email address in order to participate back in the tournament. Your game play stats will start from 0 for the new GamerTag.

Fos Kuvol;2629770 wrote:
I am forced to beg to ask a serious question. When a player goes 25 and 20, with 2 assists why does he deserve to "Win the game" over someone who goes 20 and 5, with 10 assists? The latter player obviously performed better in every way than the former.

The other elements (deaths, assists, etc) you mentioned are used as tiebreakers both in individual games and on the leaderboard, but Slayer has always been about who has more kills at the end of a match. These factors still play a role in the game, but not as much as they do in a team game, as you alluded to. As you began to touch upon, FFA is a very different game type and demands a different strategy, playstyle, pacing, etc.
B is for Bravo;2629804 wrote:

Fos Kuvol;2629770 wrote:
I am forced to beg to ask a serious question. When a player goes 25 and 20, with 2 assists why does he deserve to "Win the game" over someone who goes 20 and 5, with 10 assists? The latter player obviously performed better in every way than the former.

The other elements (deaths, assists, etc) you mentioned are used as tiebreakers both in individual games and on the leaderboard, but Slayer has always been about who has more kills at the end of a match.

While it always has been the way Halo was scored. Part of that was just because back in Halo CE and 2, they were only building the foundations of Halo. Halo CE and 2 didn't even have the gametype options to score points any way other than objective scores and kills.

By the time Halo 3 came out, I don't think anyone put thought or mind into the fact that being better isn't necessarily what wins a Free for All game.

But ultimately it is a flawed scoring system in determining who is the better player in the match.

I wouldn't press this issue in an Objective game, or a Team Game, because a Team Game is black and white, you get credit for your assists because your team earned a kill point, and you get punished for a death because the other team earned a point. That black and white nature makes kill-based scoring completely clear cut.

But in Free for All the effort you put towards killing an enemy can be robbed by a passerby, and your deaths have a much smaller impact on the outcome of the game. Free for All is full of "gray area" that really needs to be accounted for. In a free for all, Assists and Deaths never count toward the greater good (or bad) of you a team that you are on. And because of this, scoring really should be based on more factors. Changing the scoring system to compensate for that, while not necessarily a requirement in a casual or fun environment like Rumble Pit, or Custom Games. Should definitely be considered in the competitive environment.

I know I can't ask you to change the way the game is scored after the fact. A lot of players have already logged games into this tournament and taking everything they've earned out of the picture at this stage would be completely unfair to them. So what I am saying is just food for thought.

By the way, while I have your attention, in my honest opinion, you and Quinn are the best things that happened to Halo 4 and are definitely an asset to 343i and the future of the Halo franchise. Thank you for the Weapon Tuning update and congratulations on finally both de-noobifying Automatic weapons and turning the AR into not just a viable primary weapon, but also a very skill reliant weapon that is flexible enough as a default spawn. I wish more of the community wouldn't dismiss the AR over it's reputation from past Halo games, and before the Update. It is hands down the best Assault Rifle in the series. You and the rest of the team responsible for the update at 343i (especially whoever was responsible for the AR) have done something Bungie was never able to accomplish and I take that as a sign that there are good things to come. I know it's kind of a big responsibility, but I feel like you and Quinn are the two people with the best chances of bringing Halo back to it's former glory, and I hope you succeed in it.
Noble 29;2629749 wrote:
This playlist has been very frustrating for me so far. Mostly because of the players in it (countless camo users and assault rifle pray-and-sprayers), but I've noticed something. Unless I've been experiencing horrible lag all night, it seems to me that the 2 shot melee with the BR is not present in this. My friend also noticed this tonight and I was wondering why it's not present. I've been so used to the TU settings with the BR (which include that 2 shot melee) and its absence seems to be one of the main causes of my recently poor play.

Not that my tactic is ever to just 2 shot and rush melee, but in CQC, it is something that I heavily rely on. It seems very inconsistent again in the Championship playlist.

Also, Abandon needs to be removed from the playlist. Absolutely HORRIBLE. 8 players on a map THAT small in a FFA? It's too hectic and the spawns are horrid. The cliff spawn is easily camped by snipers either on the ridge to the right or the back corner of the cliff to the left. I can't count how many times I was spawn killed like that tonight.

Yes!I agree with you. Some of the spawns really need to fixed in this playlist. Sometimes when I die I spawn a couple of meters away from an enemy player and get killed before I have a chance to react.
Noble 29;2629749 wrote:
Unless I've been experiencing horrible lag all night, it seems to me that the 2 shot melee with the BR is not present in this. My friend also noticed this tonight and I was wondering why it's not present. I've been so used to the TU settings with the BR (which include that 2 shot melee) and its absence seems to be one of the main causes of my recently poor play.

I noticed this as well. Not that I'm good - I get 6th, 7th, & 8th every time and I'm just playing the GC as a curiosity - but I depend on the 2-shot melee in CQC situations and I have been killed many times when I pumped 2 shots into him, punched, and . . . oops, he's still using his AR. I chalked it up to lag, too, but it's happened a lot.

Also - why is everyone using ARs? Did the AR get buffed slightly or something for GC? Just found it odd to have half or more of the players using them, often including the top players.

Lastly, is there any thought to maybe adjusting the regular Infinity settings to the GC settings with respect to personal ordnance? Limiting it to grenades seems to work pretty well - and while I might add powerups to POD, I do like the POD settings in GC a bit better than the standard Infinity settings.

P.S.:

SMARTAN 427;2628440 wrote:

Please 343I, when rumble pit returns, and many halo ffa fans will agree, please make it 6 player ffa, and keep it that way both for the rumble pit playlist and the next ffa tournament you guys have.

This.
For starters, a FFA tournament is no fun at all. It's much more fun in teams.

Second, I honestly don't see a reason in playing this when I know I'm not the best. I know I'm not a top player, so why should I even bother trying? I'm nowhere near terrible, but there's no reason for anyone to really play this unless they are actually confident in the fact that they are the best of the best.

Then again, I guess this just isn't my thing. I'm all for tournaments, but when you're facing the entire world, the odds are stacked against you.
SilentShadowXP;2630153 wrote:
For starters, a FFA tournament is no fun at all. It's much more fun in teams.

Second, I honestly don't see a reason in playing this when I know I'm not the best. I know I'm not a top player, so why should I even bother trying? I'm nowhere near terrible, but there's no reason for anyone to really play this unless they are actually confident in the fact that they are the best of the best.

Then again, I guess this just isn't my thing. I'm all for tournaments, but when you're facing the entire world, the odds are stacked against you.

You should play for two reasons:

1 - You will learn new things and improve at Halo in general because of the competitive nature of the tournament, and a desire to win. Everyone has the capacity to be an incredible player if they put themselves in a competitive environment with the mentality that they can and will get better in it.

2 - Playing 20 games per week enters you in weekly raffles for additional prises.

In essence you can win without actually winning.
Fos Kuvol;2629770 wrote:
"REASONABLE COMMENT ABOUT FFA SCORING"

We could even had a badass gametype like Lost Planet standard FFA, were a kill is +100 points and a dead is -100 points and theres a fixed amount of time for the match and in the end the player with highest score wins :)
And i agree with Bravo, even if most winners in both Regicide (specially in Regicide) and Rumble Pit are just suicide thief killers with Promethean vision...becuause that is actually fault of the spawn system, AND THE 8 PLAYERS, and of course, those ugly donut shapped maps, or the maps with spawnkilling grounds. And that can be corrected.
And becuase we need it to be a fast passed game, and most people would just camp if deaths matter too much (not me of course, im a rusher FTW)
I win most of my games (ive only lost a couple of the Championship games, and im sure that puts me out, i wouldnt be suprised if all winners win all 20 matches) and everytime i win i do it by just one or two kills, and a K/D ratio of 3.0 or 4.0 against my foes with 1.4 or 1.5.....Sadly i spended too much time of my pre-update gaming being pwned, so i must work a lot to pull up my global K/D. XD
Reiniat;2631359 wrote:
Fos Kuvol;2629770 wrote:
"REASONABLE COMMENT ABOUT FFA SCORING"

We could even had a badass gametype like Lost Planet standard FFA, were a kill is +100 points and a dead is -100 points and theres a fixed amount of time for the match and in the end the player with highest score wins :)
And i agree with Bravo, even if most winners in both Regicide (specially in Regicide) and Rumble Pit are just suicide thief killers with Promethean vision...becuause that is actually fault of the spawn system, AND THE 8 PLAYERS, and of course, those ugly donut shapped maps, or the maps with spawnkilling grounds. And that can be corrected.
And becuase we need it to be a fast passed game, and most people would just camp if deaths matter too much (not me of course, im a rusher FTW)
I win most of my games (ive only lost a couple of the Championship games, and im sure that puts me out, i wouldnt be suprised if all winners win all 20 matches) and everytime i win i do it by just one or two kills, and a K/D ratio of 3.0 or 4.0 against my foes with 1.4 or 1.5.....Sadly i spended too much time of my pre-update gaming being pwned, so i must work a lot to pull up my global K/D. XD

That's the thing though, playing too passively would simply prevent you from scoring any points.

When you're in a FFA game there is a legitimate time limit on the match. If you sit and wait too long, someone else is scoring points while you do nothing. But because there is nothing to keep players from just mindlessly rushing to their deaths, players who win FFA games are not always the best player in the match, rather they are the most aggressive player, the one who got into the most fights, even if he lost a lot of them. (Heck, on rare occasion the winning player can actually be someone who got more deaths than kills).

Creating a situation where players are encouraged to play aggressively in order to score points quickly, but are ALSO encouraged to be careful and try to keep themselves alive. Is honestly the best case scenario for FFA in a non casual environment. This is, of course, an opinion. But I am confident in it.

Basically, while being aggressive would be important. Thinking twice about whether or not to engage someone actually matters because dying would actually be a real threat.
123Next >»5 Pages