Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
We recently showed off Halo: Spartan Assault at E3, and we know you have questions about the game. We'd like to answer as many of these questions as we can, so this week's Bulletin will be a Q&A, the Q of which will be provided by you, and the A of which will be provided by us!

Please submit your Halo: Spartan Assault related questions via this thread.

Be sure to get your questions in before midday tomorrow for a chance to be selected for the Bulletin! Ready, set, go!
Will there be plans to incorporate this into the Xbox 360/Xbox One for those of us who do not desire to buy a whole new phone or computer to play this game alone?

Also, will there be any new weapons to use in this game, or will it be only weapons from previous games?

Is there the possibility of 1 on 1 multiplayer, or is this something too difficult to implement?

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions. ;)
Will there ever be a port to Windows 7? Or Android/IOS Phones?
Will our profile for Spartan Assault carry over between WIndows 8 PC and Windows Phone 8?
What too you so long to bring back some of the Halo Wars vehicles? :P

But in all seriouness, Cizlin's question on other platforms is first on my mind.

Second would be the average playtime.

And third, although I'm not expecting a straight answer, will this be the only spinoff title in the Halo franchise to explore pre-Halo 4 universe, or will you make more? Because there was a lot from that time that we still don't have answers too, such as the fragmented crystal found under CASTLE, or what happened to Spirit of Fire, or if Johnson actually came back from the dead as an unholy god of awesome and badassitude?
About how long will it take to complete the main campaign in Spartan Assault?
Where does the story fit in the Halo timeline?

Will there be anything that correlates to Halo 4?

Will the story have something to do with then next Halo title?
We already know that WP8 is required, but can I run it in any WP8 device? (i.e. Nokia Lumia 620)
What are the setting options on Windows 8 PC Graphics wise.
Meta0X;2594630 wrote:

And third, although I'm not expecting a straight answer, will this be the only spinoff title in the Halo franchise to explore pre-Halo 4 universe, or will you make more? Because there was a lot from that time that we still don't have answers too, such as the fragmented crystal found under CASTLE, or what happened to Spirit of Fire, or if Johnson actually came back from the dead as an unholy god of awesome and badassitude?

One can hope... One can hope.
So is 100% of the save data and game progress saved to the cloud? I ask because if I install the Windows 8.1 Preview on my Surface RT I'll have to do a clean install in the fall with the final release, but I don't want to lose something like my Halo save data.
AboveInfinity from Beyond here:

Will the story have any tie ins to future Halo titles (HXB1)? Or is the extra fiction about Palmer just fan service.

While the Covenant forces seem to be that of the original empire, with Sangheili and Jiralhanae together, the inclusion of the SPARTAN-IVs and characters such as Parg Vol indicate this may be a post-war splinter faction. Any clarification on who we're actually fighting?
Will there be a large difference between the prices for each platform or will it cost the same regardless of platform choice? (PC, phone & tablet)

For the PC platform, will there be a physical disc for the game that one can pre-order & purchase from retailers, or is it download only like on the phone & tablet? (Just an "app"?)

Quote:
In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/games/halospartanassault
Does that mean we are buying stuff with real money or in-game money? Is that the same concept as using real money to buy Microsoft Points in order to get DLC content on Xbox? Or like in Halo: Reach (cR) & in Halo 4 (Spartan Points) to unlock weapons & armour etc.?
Will this be an Xbox Live Arcade game in the future?

How many NEW armor abilities are added and will these be in future games?

What are the difficulty levels we can play on? Legendary? Heroic? Etc.

Are there easter eggs implemented in the game?
How much Gamerscore can you gain?

Will there be an achievement list before the game launches?

How many achievements will there be?

When can we get a specific release date?

Can we earn awards in game that will benefit us in Halo 4, such as weapon skins, XP, Emblems, Armor, etc?

Q: Will Halo 4 players who already have an SR of 130 get anything from the game, outside of XP or Emblems? (Ex: Armour Skins or Weapon Skins)

Q: Will the game feature a Friends/Global leader board to compare scores?***
A: Yes

Q: Will the game track statistics in game or online like Halo 3/Reach/4?
(Ex: Grunt/Elite/Jackal/Vehicle kills)

Q: How much will the game cost?

Q: Will the game be tied into a second season of Spartan ops?***
A:The game takes place between Halo 3 and Halo 4, focusing on the beginning of the Spartan Ops Program, so it is a prequel of sorts for the Spartan Ops Story Arc.

Q: Will this game have any impact on future Halo titles purchased?
(Ex: Emblems/Skins for Halo 5/6/7 for a "Halo Legacy" bonus)

Q: Will the "Sol" emblem be among those that are added?
(I used that in H2/3/Reach/ODST)

Thanks!!!

*** Read the Spartan Assault game page before asking questions, to help avoid asking things that are already revealed. I edited my questions to show an example.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/games/halospartanassault
Cizlin;2594581 wrote:
[h]Will there be plans to incorporate this into the Xbox 360/Xbox One for those of us who do not desire to buy a whole new phone or computer to play this game alone?[/h]

This, this, this, a thousand times this.

Also, will this effect Halo 4 in the way of unlocking things like-

Well. Above poster beat me to that question.
I'd like to know the minimum and optimal hardrware requirements for the PC Windows 8 version. Also I'd like to know the list of WP8 devices supported.
a live dinosaur;2594711 wrote:
How much Gamerscore can you gain?

Will there be an achievement list before the game launches?

How many achievements will there be?

When can we get a specific release date?

Can we earn awards in game that will benefit us in Halo 4, such as weapon skins, XP, Emblems, Armor, etc?

The achievement list was posted on Halo Waypoint by BS Angel over 2 weeks ago - 6/10/2013. There are 20 new achievements worth a total of 200 gamerscore.
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/06/10/Halo-Spartan-Assault-Achievements.aspx

And Yes, for the earning awards for Halo 4
Quote:
Integration with "Halo 4." Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your "Halo 4" Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch

Spartan Assualt is only a prequel to Halo 4, so no, it will not correlate to Halo 4 and will not have anything to do with the next Halo title. (Unless some sort of new map pack / DLC is released after launch in which it does, but I highly doubt it would jump so far from that point in the timeline.)
jesse7456;2594634 wrote:
Where does the story fit in the Halo timeline?

Will there be anything that correlates to Halo 4?

Will the story have something to do with then next Halo title?

xXLostKillerx3;2594645 wrote:
AboveInfinity from Beyond here:

Will the story have any tie ins to future Halo titles (HXB1)? Or is the extra fiction about Palmer just fan service.

Quote:
New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio

123Next >3 Pages