Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Brought to you by: Section 3

Reading now.
Ov Thy Demise;2477803 wrote:
Brought to you by: Section 3

Too fast.

Thanks bs angel!

I feel like adjusting the RRR on the DMR/LR to be shorter will give the game the depth it has been looking for with gun variety. Sniper's should get a better feeling of the role on the team.

Likewise, the BR being a 4 shot (11 bullets) and the DMR being a 5 shot (with matched fire rates) means the BR will now be the weapon of choice for close range battles. The BR having the smaller RRR will still give the DMR the advantage over the long game.

I can't see how these could be a bad thing - can't wait to play-test them!

With regards to CSR-FFA playlist (like Infinity Slayer) leaving the join-in-progress window open until half the total score is reached still seems like it punishes the late joiners. You simply can't make a competitive score with just over half the game remaining (score wise).
Thanks.

Any word on vehicle balancing?
In the bulletin it says the BR's fire-rate 'now matches the DMR exactly in current testing'. So what exactly does this mean kill time wise? Does this mean they have the same kill times if all bullets hit, or that they fire at the same rate?

My opinion: The BR's kill-time should be slightly faster than the DMR's if all bullets hit, to compensate for the fact that the DMR's kill time is much faster at long range.
Lovely Lachlan;2477832 wrote:
In the bulletin it says the BR's fire-rate 'now matches the DMR exactly in current testing'. So what exactly does this mean kill time wise? Does this mean they have the same kill times if all bullets hit, or that they fire at the same rate?

My opinion: The BR's kill-time should be slightly faster than the DMR's if all bullets hit, to compensate for the fact that the DMR's kill time is much faster at long range.

The BR being a 4 shot and the DMR being a 5 shot will mean the BR kill-time is one shot faster.

Right?
Furiousn00b;2477835 wrote:

The BR being a 4 shot and the DMR being a 5 shot will mean the BR kill-time is one shot faster.

Right?

That's what I'm hoping for! :D

Or at least something along the lines of that, where the BR has a bit faster kill time when all bullets from all shots hit.
Much happier about the weapon balancing this week, reducing the DMR's range and making the LR equal to it was a great decision and the choices you are making with the BR will make it dominant in close to mid range over the DMR like it should be. While reducing the RRR of the DMR will put the weapon in the range niche under the Sniper Rifle which is where it should be.

Very excited about the changes, in regards to vehicles my opinion would be just to turn up the damage and health very slighty to make them effective against infantry since spawing with plasma pistols and plasma gernades basically take them out of the sandbox completely. But once again thumbs up on the tweaks!

Yeah, could someone please define the term "fire-rate". I was under the impression that it is synonymous with rate of fire. Isn't that the minimum amount of time between a shot? (because if the DMR (5sk) and the BR (4sk) have the same rate of fire, wouldn't the BR have a quicker kill time?) Or is fire rate another way of saying minimum kill time? Thanks!
Currently with the join in progress system, when searching with a full party, you can still get thrown into a game that has already started. This wouldn't be a huge issue, but as it is, the full party that joins a game in progress is often split up, and has to play against each other. With the current focus on improving the JIP system, will we soon see full parties no longer being split up, or even better, not being effected by join in progress at all? I really hope it gets addressed soon, because it does happen quite often :(
I'm liking the new weapon changes, except I don't think it's necessary to increase the LR's rate of fire. JIP settings sound pretty good also.
Mr Fish 68;2477848 wrote:
Currently with the join in progress system, when searching with a full party, you can still get thrown into a game that has already started. This wouldn't be a huge issue, but as it is, the full party that joins a game in progress is often split up, and has to play against each other. With the current focus on improving the JIP system, will we soon see full parties no longer being split up, or even better, not being effected by join in progress at all? I really hope it gets addressed soon, because it does happen quite often :(

Good question. I'll follow up about this and get an answer for you.
It's good to see these little by little in-game updates still happening. 343 won't be making any playlist changes to Reach or Halo 3 will they? They're are surprisingly still a fair amount of people still playing those games.
Also, surely you mean you are increasing the LR's ROF when 'unscoped', not scoped! The LR has the fastest scoped kill-time (by 0.07 seconds), but with the BR and Carbine buffs, will have the slowest unscoped kill time by far (by around 0.30 seconds).
I just wanted to say thanks bs angel for putting up one of my screenshots! I'm already tagging some for next weeks hoping to get back on the spotlight! Thanks again :)
Oh, I have a question, will these changes be applied to custom games as well? OR Campaign or Spartan Ops?
I feel like the join in progress might still not be quite as good. There should perhaps be a gap of score between the two teams before join in progress stops.

There's also a possible solution to CSR and join in progress score: calculate the average score a player usually gets in the time of the join in progress and add that to the CSR calculation, or calculate the average score of the team.

Any word on vehicle damage resistance? A possible solution would be to make the EMP normal be the equivalent of current wheel man, and make wheel man either half a second EMP or just a slowdown and add health. To compensate, modify certain weapons (not plasma grenade) to deal more damage to vehicles so turn the rockets damage a bit higher for the vehicles for example.

Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
CIARAN REYNOLDS;2477874 wrote:
It's good to see these little by little in-game updates still happening. 343 won't be making any playlist changes to Reach or Halo 3 will they? They're are surprisingly still a fair amount of people still playing those games.

I'm not sure we'll be touching Halo 3 at this point, but we would like to consolidate the playlists in Reach. We don't have a date associated with that right now, though (and it will more than likely be later, not sooner).
inferno1170;2477895 wrote:
Oh, I have a question, will these changes be applied to custom games as well? OR Campaign or Spartan Ops?

The weapon tuning will not be applied to Spartan Ops or Campaign, as we're focusing these efforts on the PvP experiences.
Hey Demar;2477889 wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks bs angel for putting up one of my screenshots! I'm already tagging some for next weeks hoping to get back on the spotlight! Thanks again :)

That's a great screenshot! I really love the sense of action and movement in it. :)
123Next >»7 Pages