Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous910111213Next >»128 Pages
Actually, does 343i have an email where they can be sent things? Or am I going to be reduced to PMing my way up the so-called foodchain to finally get someone that can respond? If PM's it will hopefully Mr. Holmes so I can express my profound irritation at his graphic directly to him.

Then again, I'd really prefer to just email...
halo2redvsblue;2408260 wrote:
Its funny because If Bungie had control of Halo 100% (Microsoft never bought them) We would not see a Halo after 2, Hell maybe even 1. If you guys hate where halo is going, go play Halo CE, 2, 3 or Reach. no one is forcing you to buy it, Counter strike is over 10 years old and its still one of the most played games. I know Halo fans that Insult COD because its no different's to the last one, Yet you guys want the same game every time. I want a new Halo game every time a new Halo comes out, You want the same game, just with better Graphics. Its also very Boring relying on the same guns for the last 10 years (BR, Sniper,) Weapons re spawning in the same spot. I feel like you guys don't want to wrap your head around new tactics. You've been play halo a certain way for so long that you don't want to change. I'm also not saying Halo 4 has no Flaws, There are some things I cant stand.

We want halo to be made by the things that made it great to begin with. This game is nothing like it, we don't want another halo1,2 oe 3. We want a even better halo, Halo 4 is just a step back from everything other than the engine
343 has no idea what they're doing other than living off the Halo name and Microsoft. It will not last and we're only 5 months in. GG.
SilentRaine;2408241 wrote:
DeadTriton;2408220 wrote:
SilentRaine;2408196 wrote:
Dear god.. this is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the Foot, for 343i..

Well I am no longer shocked that something as simple as adding a Red X that is large and can be seen.. is so hard for 343i. I also am not surprised that I have yet to see them bother with adding more creativity or a Forge Forerunner Palette.. as they seem to believe that would deviate from the Canon of the Universe.

The caretakers of Halo.. no more like the Butchers of Halo.. and to think I actually wanted to work for this Developer at one point.. with my history in art, no, no longer.

We can only hope it's an early April fools joke.. I too want to work for them but I can't see this happening if it's gone by the time I have the chance.

When everyone started talking this over today, I felt the same way, I was like no way that has got to be some type of April Fools Day joke. Then I watched the entire Presentation, and noticed that there are thousands of people there.. and its being broadcasted for GDC, and I just face-palmed.

My desire has always been to to work on Halo Titles, especially on the Art, Environment, sides, but I also love Multiplayer, and the entire Universe as a whole, so it would be a amazing experience I feel. The problem is, if this Developer, can not respect the Franchise, and its history, on even the most simple aspects of it, how can I respect them or feel like I could work with them? I really can not, and I felt like I could have a real friend ship with several of the employees, but now.. I do not know if I care to try to continue that.

It seems like they have let their Ego's blow through the roof, as if they think they can do no wrong.. but I could list 100+ things that they have done completely.. wrong to this Franchise.

It makes me cringe and how much potential this franchise as a whole has or had. I understand so clearly how you feel. I am even now considering it after hearing this news. I don't want to be part of a group of common butchers, people who don't fully understand what makes Halo special. Egotistical views through a mere 11 million online to cover up the fact that you have lost of 80% of your online population 343. Get out of the chair and elect a new chief because the one that you have sitting there now isn't going to make you as much money; only easy and quick money or what is left over of course to be made.

This cover up is obscene. You don't have to admit to your mistakes, you just have to fix them like you attempted to with the Ranking system. Now fix your damn mistakes 343.
halo2redvsblue;2408260 wrote:
Its funny because If Bungie had control of Halo 100% (Microsoft never bought them) We would not see a Halo after 2, Hell maybe even 1. If you guys hate where halo is going, go play Halo CE, 2, 3 or Reach. no one is forcing you to buy it, Counter strike is over 10 years old and its still one of the most played games. I know Halo fans that Insult COD because its no different's to the last one, Yet you guys want the same game every time. I want a new Halo game every time a new Halo comes out, You want the same game, just with better Graphics. Its also very Boring relying on the same guns for the last 10 years (BR, Sniper,) Weapons re spawning in the same spot. I feel like you guys don't want to wrap your head around new tactics. You've been play halo a certain way for so long that you don't want to change. I'm also not saying Halo 4 has no Flaws, There are some things I cant stand.

This is exactly what's happening. The population has gone and is continuing to go down. Stats don't lie, this is not a good game.
RottenCarnival;2408273 wrote:
So do we have to wait until the morning for an admin or somebody with authority to acknowledge this thread?

I'm not sure if I'll make it to morning...I'll see you on the other side my brothers. Post away!
The comment bs angel made sounded more towards adding bloom back.

I finally watched it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It got me wondering though, could the testing team had a significant negative influence on the game? Perhaps they scored low for skill ranking and higher for progression. Also the data from reach might have given them that impression: Arena versus the rest. The popularity of arena versus the rest might have made them think more people wanted progression system. It could be their data source.

Isn't this talk aimed towards people in the game industry and not so much fans? So answers and things might have been geared towards them.

They aimed for a balance for new players and old existing players and I think, well most people here I believe, that they didn't attain their goal.
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Wow. I don't mind them adding these things in Halo, but they don't have to straight up lie to us.
On top of that, they completely removed the core community from Halo. They are the ones that will keep these games alive for years. 343i is not going to have anything to sell soon if they don't stop being so narrow minded.
erickyboo;2408288 wrote:
The comment bs angel made sounded more towards adding bloom back.

I finally watched it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It got me wondering though, could the testing team had a significant negative influence on the game? Perhaps they scored low for skill ranking and higher for progression. Also the data from reach might have given them that impression: Arena versus the rest. The popularity of arena versus the rest might have made them think more people wanted progression system. It could be their data source.

Isn't this talk aimed towards people in the game industry and not so much fans? So answers and things might have been geared towards them.

They aimed for a balance for new players and old existing players and I think, well most people here I believe, that they didn't attain their goal.

The comment she made that everyone is referring to was made when someone asked about DMR rebalance. It wasn't exactly polite in my opinion, but it had more of the tone. "Ohhhh we've seen soooo many of these requests, what on earth do we doooo"
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
RG Vengeful;2407196 wrote:

Just... wow, there's always been a glimmer of hope that maybe 343 knew what they were doing or at least learned from their mistakes but that just crushes it.

Halo finally out BR'd itself.
There comes a point in in ones' halo career where you just have to say enough.
xAtrocityyyyy;2408302 wrote:

The comment she made that everyone is referring to was made when someone asked about DMR rebalance. It wasn't exactly polite in my opinion, but it had more of the tone. "Ohhhh we've seen soooo many of these requests, what on earth do we doooo"

To me it was more of a "Oh, we've seen the feedback..we've definitely seen it. But we really aren't sure if we want to listen to you. It's not in our best interests."
XxTheFryGuyxX;2408309 wrote:
xAtrocityyyyy;2408302 wrote:

To me it was more of a "Oh, we've seen the feedback..we've definitely seen it. But we really aren't sure if we want to listen to you. It's not in our best interests."

No i think there isn't any sarcasm in her post. It really doesn't look like they've known what to do for months.
Arsentic;2408226 wrote:

Yeah the sarcastic tone actually tempered me a bit. Would it have been that hard to just answer politely? Did you really not expect someone to pop that question when you haven't exactly addressed it yet? People want answers and 343 isn't giving them out, so when someone can actually personally ask them, they respond sarcastically?..............................k
HumbleHarp75;2407258 wrote:
I think this is why I'm currently playing Battlefield 3 (just pre-ordered BF4 this morning, too).

It is currently the hardest FPS out there. I am pretty terrible at it, but it feels great when things go my way. Things aren't just handed to me (ordinance).

I usually give competitives crap on this forum, but that image...that handicap image...wow. No wonder I didn't buy any DLC for Halo 4.

I'm back to BF3 as well, I'm really enjoying the CTF :) playing Halo 4 for a few months really made me appreciate other titles alot more. This game is a disgrace I haven't played in a month and I don't see myself playing it again any time soon. 343 has no respect for the community and they will get the same in return. They still haven't released a classic playlist or a ranked/social, they should be ashamed of what they have done to a once great franchise.
hal0 m4n;2408210 wrote:
I'm only going to talk about twos things:

First off, is this quote here:

Quote:
"Historically, we've had these twod audiences in Halo.... Campaign and Multiplayer..... We wanted to bind them"

"We wanted to create an experience where Campaign players could do well in Multiplayer, and introduce Multiplayer players into Campaign".

They said this for Spartan Ops. They said this last year in the ViDoc's. One of the goals for Spartan Ops was to hopefully have the Multiplayer guys come over there and enjoy the Campaign-aspect while ranking up and unlocking stuff for Multiplayer.

Those quotes did not mean noobish stuff. At all.

Second thing is the progression system:

Players did ask for it.

They got it in Halo 3.

Then Bungie gave them a progression system for the playlists in Halo 3.

Then Bungie gave them a progression system in Halo Reach.

Then 343i gave them a progression system in Halo 4.

If players didn't want it, then they should've been Yoinking at Bungie 5 years ago.

Ok so tell me why they couldn't have a 1-50 system and a progression system in H4? And the Halo 3 progression system was way different than the Reach and Halo 4 ones AND it had both ranking systems.
"This is the first time we have heard any feedback on the DMR" How can that be funny? I would think 1 out off 100 people on that team would have sense to say something about how easy the gun is to use.

«< Previous910111213Next >»128 Pages