Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
YES!

BIG ROCKS!
Hahaha dat gif :P

*edit*
Yay, more rocks!
Frankie teasing about Infinity........
Excited for the Great Anvils too, looks giant.
So wait a second... the CSR is going to be based off of different things in different playlists? What? Why? How? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe I would be slightly less confused and conflicted with a more detailed explanation of how the CSR is supposed to work? Can you possibly give us ANY details about how it will be measured? Please?
Rather than a process of ask-question-get-answer with regards to how CSR will be calculated I would really like to see the formula/method explained first hand.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that do already understand how TrueSkill works and how it can map to a 1-50 rank. But I'm sure people would like to see the full break down.

Quote:
CSR is based on the previous full game played...

If you quit a game - is that game included in your CSR calculations?
What about multi-team rocket race? :(
You didn't answer my question. :'(
So again, we have no information about BTB objectives.
Oh my god 343i, listen to us.

BTB OBJECTIVE NEEDS TO RETURN!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT,TALK ABOUT GIVE TO US ANY INFORMATION!

(i bet they will say "soon" or "wait for the future" blah blah blah)
lipao255;2404973 wrote:
So again, we have no information about BTB objectives.
Oh my god 343i, listen to us.

BTB OBJECTIVE NEEDS TO RETURN!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT,TALK ABOUT GIVE TO US ANY INFORMATION!

(i bet they will say "soon" or "wait for the future" blah blah blah)

Ask nicely, please.
Furiousn00b;2404954 wrote:
Rather than a process of ask-question-get-answer with regards to how CSR will be calculated I would really like to see the formula/method explained first hand.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that do already understand how TrueSkill works and how it can map to a 1-50 rank. But I'm sure people would like to see the full break down.

Quote:
CSR is based on the previous full game played...

If you quit a game - is that game included in your CSR calculations?

And on top of that, how will the playlists differ from each other?
And what do you mean by your CSR being affected by the other teams CSR? So if we play a higher rank we will move up faster and if we lose to a lower rank we will rank down farther? How will that work when people make new accounts and trounce higher players even though they are a lower rank?
The CSR is only based on who you play against? So I should party up with my high level friends to boost to a high rank quick, since the system won't realise I'm playing with people who are doing most of the work?

And by 'performance' against opponents in 'mainstream' playlists you mean... what? Kills, score? Arena Rating?

These things make a BIG difference to the validity of the ranks, and whether they are worth pursuing at all. 'Progression' experience be damned.

Since this is launching so soon, I'd really like specifics and not more vagueness.
Ultimate RC;2404993 wrote:
The CSR is only based on who you play against? So I should party up with my high level friends to boost to a high rank quick, since the system won't realise I'm playing with people who are doing most of the work?

And by 'performance' against opponents in 'mainstream' playlists you mean... what? Kills, score? Arena Rating?

These things make a BIG difference to the validity of the ranks, and whether they are worth pursuing at all. 'Progression' experience be damned.

Since this is launching so soon, I'd really like specifics and not more vagueness.

and if I play with a lower skilled player, but do exceedingly well, will that mean that the CSR assumes I am a god and ranks me higher because I did so well with a less than proficient team member?

We need specifics on this. We are 2 and a half weeks away from launch and still have nothing to think about besides a flaming 50.
Don't be surprised if Forge Island shows up before April 11th? Oh god. I'm really bad with soft, nonspecific release windows. I'll be checking the DLC menu 6 times a day from tonight onward despite the fact that the logical part of me says that that just means it might be a day or two early.
Oh well, congrats to the screenshot winners. I'll try my hand at this again this week.
Yeah trees
always wanted to make a huge forest!!!
Good Q&A.
I honestly hope Swat won't be in the starting rotations for Multi-Team, I remember it in reach with the same team settings....Was absolutely horrible.
Multichem;2405004 wrote:

and if I play with a lower skilled player, but do exceedingly well, will that mean that the CSR assumes I am a god and ranks me higher because I did so well with a less than proficient team member?

We need specifics on this. We are 2 and a half weeks away from launch and still have nothing to think about besides a flaming 50.

This is what I've gathered:

A). CSR is based on how well you do in a game. I assume this is K/D, whether you win or lose, and objectives (defending and completing).

B). Your CSR and what your opponent's CSR is. So if you're both with close range of each other or equal expect to see a change in your CSR. If you have a high CSR and your opponents have a low CSR and you crush, don't expect a change, but if you're going up against a much higher team of CSR you'll be awarded more.

C). I think it's safe to assume that quitting will hurt your CSR.

Also they said BTB objective was coming. Chillax.
alexbhood;2405022 wrote:
Don't be surprised if Forge Island shows up before April 11th? Oh god. I'm really bad with soft, nonspecific release windows. I'll be checking the DLC menu 6 times a day from tonight onward despite the fact that the logical part of me says that that just means it might be a week or two early.

Fixed.
123Next >»4 Pages