Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»5 Pages
Basically, 343i says the UI limitations are preventing them from adding a VIGSR to the game. As I already know that is completely false and misleading, I think I have a great solution for bringing us SOMETHING to help the game move along.

Its not perfect, but its not horrible either! What if when you reached SR130, and you had no where else to go, you could choose the "CSR" specialization? When you play under this specialization, it reads your player info (the same info the game gets form Waypoint) and would in turn display the CSR for the current game type you were playing. The font wouldn't be anything special, but it would AT LEAST allow you to see each players CSR.

I know that not everyone reaches SR130 (even though it is a short climb), but this would make so many people happy within the community. Im at work right now, but when I get home I will draft up some concept artwork to show that this could work.

All of the tech currently exists within the UI and the games C++, its just a matter of implementing and testing. I would wait a few months for this to come out, and I think in whole it would benefit the community at large.


Click here for the Mock up
No Visible In Game Rank because UI?

Really, who makes a User Interface that cant be updated. Thats pretty lame. Oh well, sorry. No VIGR.. Just cant. Sounds like an excuse to me but, its like a dying declaration... have to accept it as true.

I mean the basically said "yeah, we programed a crappy UI and that's why we cant fix things" what are we supposed to say? YOU LIE! lol. Nope. They just messed up and we gotta just accept it.
TimZaRob;2394714 wrote:
No Visible In Game Rank because UI?

Really, who makes a User Interface that cant be updated.


I asked this same question. Nobody at 343, when the Pokemon Ca-, I mean UI system, was being developed, thought to say, "You know. This system can't really be updated or changed to fit any changes..."

And I hate the "Well, we want to stop account selling" excuse. Why does it matter to you if someone buys a Level 50 account? Does it really effect you?
DSB Strike;2395072 wrote:
TimZaRob;2394714 wrote:
No Visible In Game Rank because UI?

Really, who makes a User Interface that cant be updated.


I asked this same question. Nobody at 343, when the Pokemon Ca-, I mean UI system, was being developed, thought to say, "You know. This system can't really be updated or changed to fit any changes..."

And I hate the "Well, we want to stop account selling" excuse. Why does it matter to you if someone buys a Level 50 account? Does it really effect you?



The only way it effects them is through complaints on the forums etc.

Im surprised this thread didnt pick up any steam, I thought for sure it would have been talked about at least a little bit more.
I don't buy the "UI limitation" reason either. Bioware (Who was new the multiplayer arena) overhauled their UI for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer several times since release. The idea that you can't alter a few stats in Halo 4's UI is baffling to me.

I am curious as to how your solution works, Str8 theoryyy. You sound like you know the how programming side of this functions so please elaborate.
Musashi Orboro;2395849 wrote:
I don't buy the "UI limitation" reason either. Bioware (Who was new the multiplayer arena) overhauled their UI for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer several times since release. The idea that you can't alter a few stats in Halo 4's UI is baffling to me.

I am curious as to how your solution works, Str8 theoryyy. You sound like you know the how programming side of this functions so please elaborate.



Here is a very crude mockup of what it would look like, essentially when you hit SR130, you no longer have a specialization, in my situation, you choose the "CSR" specialization (unlocked at 130) which will then display your CSR for the current playlist you are in. This would reward people that have been playing for increased amounts of time and potentially stop them from selling accounts etc.

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/1419/csrmock.jpg

click that link to see the crude mockup
Exactly. This is a simple and effective way to implement VIGR and it would use space already present in the UI.
It seems that 343i just doesn't want to put CSR in the game and they don't want to be honest with us about why.
Musashi Orboro;2397076 wrote:
Exactly. This is a simple and effective way to implement VIGR and it would use space already present in the UI.
It seems that 343i just doesn't want to put CSR in the game and they don't want to be honest with us about why.


i like 343 and repect the fact that they had HUGE shoes to fill,but i'm kinda starting to think the same thing and i'm beyond tired of hearing these dumb reasons like account selling and stuff.I think there's more then meets the eye here (cue 80's transformers nosie)
Dead End 24;2397161 wrote:

i like 343 and repect the fact that they had HUGE shoes to fill,but i'm kinda starting to think the same thing and i'm beyond tired of hearing these dumb reasons like account selling and stuff.I think there's more then meets the eye here (cue 80's transformers nosie)


Good try but they didn't have any shoes to fill. Bungie left them with a pill of dog crap. Halo Reach was trash and it was an insult to Halo, should have never handed over the code, just had 343 start new. Granted they did polish the crap out of that turd but it's still stinks.

Halo 5, trash everything that's been added to Halo since Reach, sprint is the only thing I really don't mind but still think it messes with the gameplay to much.
Lets get some more opinion in here people, I really believe this is a viable solution to all of our problems! post your opinions, criticisms, encouragement, anything!
I quite like this idea. It has a notable downside and upside. Downside is that you wouldn't be able to see your CSR in game pre-130, and neither would a lot of players who don't have the time to play the 5 days or so necessary to reach 130. The upside is that to sell a 50 account that's already visible would take a great deal of time, and would deter a lot of sellers.

Of course, one could still get a 50 in a playlist and sell it, the buyer knowing they have to reach max rank to see that 50, but that means either the buyer or seller have to put in a great deal more effort than usual.
Pseudo v2;2399737 wrote:
I quite like this idea. It has a notable downside and upside. Downside is that you wouldn't be able to see your CSR in game pre-130, and neither would a lot of players who don't have the time to play the 5 days or so necessary to reach 130. The upside is that to sell a 50 account that's already visible would take a great deal of time, and would deter a lot of sellers.

Of course, one could still get a 50 in a playlist and sell it, the buyer knowing they have to reach max rank to see that 50, but that means either the buyer or seller have to put in a great deal more effort than usual.



That was my idea surrounding the whole thing, It would allow the players who are really dedicated to reap the rewards, and make the 1600ms points a seller would receive not even worth their time. I think this could really be an answer to the problem.
Not really gaining any ground with this thread, anybody on that can offer some feedback to this idea?
I think this idea sounds good, the fact that you have to rank all the way up to 130 will certainly make it much harder to set up an account to sell off to people.

If I had to guess, I'd say the lack of a visible in game skill-based ranking system is probably more of a Microsoft issue, as they probably weren't too keen on people selling accounts. I mean, after all the begging since Reach, why wouldn't they add one if they could?
Pseudo v2;2399737 wrote:
I quite like this idea. It has a notable downside and upside. Downside is that you wouldn't be able to see your CSR in game pre-130, and neither would a lot of players who don't have the time to play the 5 days or so necessary to reach 130. The upside is that to sell a 50 account that's already visible would take a great deal of time, and would deter a lot of sellers.

Of course, one could still get a 50 in a playlist and sell it, the buyer knowing they have to reach max rank to see that 50, but that means either the buyer or seller have to put in a great deal more effort than usual.


To be honest. That sounds perfect.
I'm just going to put my CSR as my spartan ID, as I've heard somebody else say on here. Everybody should do the same. Then not only will we be able to see a rank in game, but above players heads in matches.
FuelledSpirit;2413206 wrote:
I'm just going to put my CSR as my spartan ID, as I've heard somebody else say on here. Everybody should do the same. Then not only will we be able to see a rank in game, but above players heads in matches.


this is a great idea, but people will lie about their CSR and put a 50 no matter what. Its a shame that they have brought us to this. I believe my idea could fix all of the issues they have presented as to "why" its not in the game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
xalgebra;2413913 wrote:



It shouldnt be about this. It should be about seeing your CSR in the game, and working hard to raise the level. its no surprise that the population died when they got rid of the Skill ranks. They are kidding themselves if they think anything else killed off halo.
UI is just a lame excuse. If they can't show it per playlist, they can atleast show your highest. If they can show how many kills, deaths, and how many games you play they can go to that same database and display your highest CSR. There has to be another reason it is not going to be displayed. It is just frustrating that they aren't saying why other than UI limitations and kids selling 50s is kinda sad. I just wish they would tell use really why. It can't be a programming/UI issue because all they need to do is use a simple SQL statement and boom CSR in the Service Records right above kills. Any database/web developer can tell you how easy that statement would be.
123Next >»5 Pages