Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»76 Pages
Please leave your feedback on the weapons in Halo 4's sandbox here, using the following categories to organize your feedback:

Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle
DMR
Covenant Carbine
Light Rifle
Assault Rifle
Suppressor
Storm Rifle

Secondary Weapons
Magnum
Plasma Pistol
Boltshot

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle
Beam Rifle
Binary Rifle

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot
Shotgun
Energy Sword
Gravity Hammer

Other
Railgun
Rocket Launcher
Incineration Cannon
Spartan Laser
Sticky Detonator
Concussion Rifle
Fuel Rod Cannon
Needler
SAW

Example: If you're looking to leave feedback on only the Battle Rifle, DMR, and SAW, simply post:

Primary Weapons
BR - "I think X because Y."
DMR - "I think X because Y."

Other
SAW - "I think X because Y."

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. The Matchmaking Systems Team will review this thread and join the discussion when necessary.
are Grenades eligible for receiving feedback?

Plasma Grenades Destroy Vehicle combat, and so does the Plasma pistol
now everyone spawns with the tools to destroy a warthog all by themselves

Just EMP the incoming 'hog, and chuck two Plasma Grenades at it, and you have yourself a free double/tripple kill

as a warthog driver, it's frustrating now that i have to avoid nearly every enemy so that i don't get spammed with stickies

using a warthog is hard enough with all the ordnance drops.
Primary Weapons

DMR - Slight rate of fire decrease, less zoom.

Covenant Carbine - Slight damage buff (maybe). Wildly underused and somewhat cumbersome to use effectively.

Secondary

Nerf Flagnum

Boltshot - Needs to be re-invented. Spawning with a one shot kill weapon is very bad. Maybe make it's burst shot be a good EMP for Spartans and after that you go for the fast headshot with it.

Plasma Pistol - Remove on loadouts for BTB and any other team-based playlists. (They completely ruin vehicle play, especially with the chain gun warthog.)

Shotgun/Melee

Scattershot - Make this a bit more consistent. It's more of a spray and pray shotgun, but I have had times where a guy is 3 feet from me, and their chest eats a full burst and they are only half or red-barred.

Sword - Increase the lunge on it. It's nearly impossible to get kills these days with the sword for whatever reason. In all others I could do well with it but you just die so bloody fast with it.

Power Weapons

Railgun - The bullet magnetism on this weapon is crazy. I'd say give it some aim assist and make it a hit-scan weapon and no more magnetism.

Beam Rifle - Reduce this weapon's magnetism and aim assist. It's so OP for snapshots that even I can look like a pro using it...

SAW - This is a finicky weapon. In 4v4 play it's not so bad, but I had a team rip us apart in infinity doubles for 3/4 of a game with them... Maybe reduce ammo in the clip and total ammo.

Spartan Laser - I know the Halo 3's laser was OP, but this one still feels off. I can hit people full on and still not kill them. It needs a little buff and should show up more on maps.

Grenades

Pulse - Need a bit more of a buff. It's nearly impossible to effectively use these the way they are now.

Sticky - Remove them from loadouts and make them spawn more often on maps. They completely ruin BTB vehicle play and they make it way too easy to suicide stick.

After-Thoughts

Most weapons need less bullet magnetism and aim assist. I don't want it as bad as Halo 3, but I've never played a Halo game where anyone can easily get the minimum shots to kill/minimum kill time almost every time.

It forms instances where you can die so fast in situations that it can really irritate you.

Do more balancing with the vehicles. Primarily with the Chaingun Warthog. The turret on it is nothing what it used to be and the Warthog itself is a sticky magnet. Anyone that use the warthog against me tend to die super fast...

I'd say buff the turret a tad. It's a light armoured anti-air vehicle and it can do barely anything to a banshee for one, and against soft targets it's borderline useless.

And overall, I would like to see the randomness toned down a bit. Even at a social level people like to know rockets spawn at "X" every 3 minutes. Especially in objective game types and they must be neutral. I've played games on Adrift/Complex where rockets spawn on peoples sides of the map, in some cases right next to the flag point.
Twizzsted;2371680 wrote:
are Grenades eligible for receiving feedback?

I would say yes. It's used to kill, is usable in loadouts and all that.
First off, I just want to say that I think you guys are doing a fantastic job of listening to community feedback and trying to implement meaningful changes for the better. Thank you for caring enough to listen and put in the effort to polish the game and make something special for us.

Primary Weapons

Battle Rifle -- I think the BR is perfect.

DMR -- I think the DMR should be less effective at close range because it sort of beats the BR in every range currently. Alternatively, the firing speed could be lessened by a very small amount, in order to balance it with the BR. Right now it is overpowered. Another option would be to buff up the BR a little more, but I think it would be better to nerf the DMR.

Covenant Carbine -- The carbine could definitely use a buff. Right now it has the slowest kill time of all the rifles, AND you have to hit the most shots to get a kill. Yes, it has a fast firing speed, but it does not compensate for the slow kill time. A couple of options here: either make the shots slow down your enemy a bit more when they are sprinting away, make it take one less shot to kill your enemy, or speed up the rate of fire even more. Just try to get it closer to the same kill-time as the DMR and BR!

Secondary Weapons

Boltshot -- Even after the previous title update, I and many of my friends agree that the boltshot is still too overpowered. I think the answer is to make it so that it can NEVER kill in one shot rather than try to decrease its effective range. The boltshot makes the plasma pistol not worth using. It also decreases the value of weapons like the scattershot, shotgun, and sword. I believe that no one should be able to spawn with a one hit kill weapon in a Halo game. I think you would make a LOT of people happy if you made the boltshot only pop shields rather than kill in one hit.

Again, thanks for taking these ideas into consideration. I really appreciate it and I hope that some of these suggestions, ESPECIALLY the boltshot one, are implemented.

-SC Apoxia
Sir Boobington;2371686 wrote:
Railgun - Way too much bullet magnetism on it. Maybe drop the magnetism and make it hit-scan.

Saw - In infinity doubles it can rip people apart so fast and have a seemingly bottomless ammo clip.

DMR - Meant to excel at mid-long range but dominates at all ranges and is one of the easiest weapons to get the minimum shots per kill with an incredibly fast kill time.

Sticky Grenades - In loadouts they effectively destroy vehicle combat, particularly warthogs. Especially combined with the plasma pistol.

Weapon damage VS Vehicles - It's still off, DMR and sniper rip all vehicles apart still.

Bullet Magnetism needs to be toned down along with aim assist a little.

there is absolutely no reason to tone down the sniper's effectiveness against vehicles, It makes it an effective anti-vehicle option in the absence of heavier ordinance, and I'd rather it were used to down a wraith instead of pad that one guys score.

dmr should get the buff people have been asking for, but don't go too far I'd say. after spending some time getting acquainted with the BR and carbine both do have their place, don't nerf the dmr, simply spend the time to tweak it into line with the rest of the sandbox, less powerful at range than LR, worse up close than BR (maybe equal at a clear middle range?).

honestly things don't need a ton of work, going overboard is more likely to kill weapons' niches than strengthen them.
bipolar potato;2371722 wrote:
Railgun - Way too much bullet magnetism on it. Maybe drop the magnetism and make it hit-scan.

Saw - In infinity doubles it can rip people apart so fast and have a seemingly bottomless ammo clip.

DMR - Meant to excel at mid-long range but dominates at all ranges and is one of the easiest weapons to get the minimum shots per kill with an incredibly fast kill time.

Sticky Grenades - In loadouts they effectively destroy vehicle combat, particularly warthogs. Especially combined with the plasma pistol.

Weapon damage VS Vehicles - It's still off, DMR and sniper rip all vehicles apart still.

there is absolutely no reason to tone down the sniper's effectiveness against vehicles, It makes it an effective anti-vehicle option in the absence of heavier ordinance, and I'd rather it were used to down a wraith instead of pad that one guys score.

firstly, it doesn't make sense that a sniper's weapon can damage tanks
you don't see modern snipers shooting at M1 Abrams' do you?

secondly, there is no way to protect yourself from getting hit with a sniper rifle round in the open, this is why vehicles soft-counter it

thirdly, for light-armored vehicles like the ghost, warthog and banshee, the sniper is a killer, and yet again, since there is no way to protect oneself from getting hit with a sniper round, you have to take damage
and given the tiny amount of armor that these vehicles have, it can really devastate you
bipolar potato;2371722 wrote:

dmr should get the buff people have been asking for, but don't go too far I'd say. after spending some time getting acquainted with the BR and carbine both do have their place, don't nerf the dmr, simply spend the time to tweak it into line with the rest of the sandbox, less powerful at range than LR, worse up close than BR (maybe equal at a clear middle range?).

honestly things don't need a ton of work, going overboard is more likely to kill weapons' niches than strengthen them.

I'm mostly directing the damage vs vehicle problem to the chaingun warthog. The 'Hog is already underpowered death trap, but when you add all the ordinance weapons to the mix it doesn't last at all.

Sniper should be effective against vehicles yes, but it's still way too OP against all vehicles IMO. There have been times I've fired a single shot in a tanks treds and got a easy double kill.

Weapons like lasers should be more reserved for Anti-Vehicles. And snipers and DMR should be anti-personnel.
Primary Weapons
DMR: Slightly reduce rate of fire, increase kickback when shot when zoomed in, decrease bullet magnetism/aim assist, because it beats out other weapons in their intended range.

Covenant Carbine: Slightly increase max rate of fire at the cost of some accuracy when firing that fast, because it has the lowest killtime and feels to weak.

Suppressor: Decrease the time between bursts if you rapidly tap the trigger, because it is underpowered compared to the AR and storm rifle at all but very close ranges

Light rifle: Make it hitscan

Secondary Weapons
Plasma Pistol: Decrease battery cost by 25%, increase damage for normal shots, add more bullet magentism/aim assist to normal shots, decrease EMP strength for charge shots, because it's nigh impossible to use for anything other than EMP, and EMP makes it too effective vs. vehicles.

Boltshot: Increase damage of normal shots, make charged mode damage scale with how much ammo is used, make how long trigger is held with how much ammo is used, because normal shots are too weak for normal use, and charged mode is aggravating and cheap.

Sniper Rifles
Beam rifle: Make it appear more commonly

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot: Improve hit detection

Gravity hammer: Make it more common

Other
Railgun: Make it so if I release the trigger near the end of the charge, it actually cancels instead of firing anyways. Improve hit detection.

Sticky Detonator: Very slightly reduce blast radius

Needler: Buff needle tracking, or add more ammo to the total ammo when picked up

Spartan laser: Buff damage all around. Should always be a 1hk to spartans, and should be a 1hk on a direct, central hit to all vehicles other than the wraith and scorpion.

Concussion rifle: Make it more common

Fuel rod: Make it more common

SAW: Increase kickback when damaging other players that are scoped, increase movement slowdown when hitting other players, as I find it struggles vs groups of player, which is presumably the niche it holds.

Plasma grenades: Decrease damage towards vehicles, increase damage/blast radius towards infantry, because it is far too effective vs. warthogs, but too weak vs. infantry to the point where an unshielded spartan can live through a plasma less than 5 feet away. Do NOT reduce starting count.

Pulse grenades: increase starting capacity to two because they are more of an area of denial tool than a grenade.
Primary:
DMR:
Please nerf the DMR and remove a lot of the Auto-aim and Bullet-Magnetism across the board. The DMR is overpowered and makes moving past your base useless since you can just spam shots from there.
Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle - Perfect
DMR - requires a serious nerf in both damage and auto-aim/magnatism
Covenant Carbine - a teeny tiny damage boost would be great
Light Rifle - a teeny tiny magnatism boost would do wonders
Assault Rifle - Perfect
Suppressor - Perfect
Storm Rifle - Could do with a vent button, not sure if that's possible, if not, teeny tiny overheat reduction

Secondary Weapons
Magnum - Perfect
Plasma Pistol - Fine how it is
Boltshot - NERF THE 1 Hit Kill, somehow, maby a mobility stun?

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle - Perfect
Beam Rifle - Perfect
Binary Rifle - Perfect

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot - ever so slight damage boost/ more choke so the shots don't go as wide
Shotgun - Perfect
Energy Sword - Perfect
Gravity Hammer - Perfect

Other
Railgun - slightly more vehicle damage
Rocket Launcher - Perfect
Incineration Cannon -
Spartan Laser
Sticky Detonator - Radius/damage boost
Concussion Rifle - Perfect
Fuel Rod Cannon - ROF nerf
Needler - Perfect
SAW - Perfect

Grenades
Frag Grenade - Perfect
Plasma grenade - Only Spawn with one, damage vs. vehicle reduction
Pulse Grenade - Spawn with two
Battle Rifle - Perfect how it is.

DMR - Too overpowered, because of a mixture of how accurate it is and how it can dominate at ANY range. I'm not sure of the exact solution though. Slower rate of fire? More bloom? It needs to be toned-down. It's especially powerful in big team because as soon as you go into the open you die almost instantly.

Covenant Carbine - I think the carbine would be fine if the DMR wasn't such a trump card. If the DMR doesn't get nerfed, the carbine should be buffed by a bullet or two.

Light Rifle - Perfect how it is.

Assault Rifle - Perfect how it is.

Suppressor - Perfect how it is.

Storm Rifle - Perfect how it is.

Magnum - Perfect how it is.

Plasma Pistol - Maybe more tracking on infantry or be able to lock-on from a farther range? It's basically pointless unless you are using it against a vehicle.

Boltshot - Take out one shot kill capability, fixed.

UNSC Sniper Rifle - Perfect how it is. Should have much less ammo in doubles though. Matches that revolve around who has the sniper are really boring and unfair.

Beam Rifle - Borderline OP, but not bad.

Binary Rifle - Perfect how it is.

Scattershot - Horribly inconsistent. Make it's bullet spread pattern the same every time. From the same distance it can take sometimes one shot and sometimes 3-4.

Shotgun - Perfect how it is.

Energy Sword - Perfect how it is.

Gravity Hammer - Perfect how it is.

Railgun - Perfect how it is.

Sticky Detonator - Borderline OP but fine.

Rocket Launcher - Perfect how it is.

Incineration Cannon - Perfect how it is.

Spartan Laser - Make it how it was in Halo 3, the laser sucks in this game.

Sticky Detonator - Perfect how it is.

Concussion Rifle - Perfect how it is.

Fuel Rod Cannon - Perfect how it is.

Needler - Perfect how it is, could use more ammo though.

SAW - Perfect how it is.

Frag Grenade - Perfect how it is.

Plasma grenade - Only spawn with one.

Pulse Grenade - Spawn with two.
DMR
Reduce 3x scope to a 2x scope

Carbine
Change from 8SK to 7 or even 6SK

Beam Rifle
Fix the aim assist and bullet magnetism, currently no scoping with this gun isn't even a challenge

Boltshot
Make this gun behave like the Mauler from Halo 3 when charged up, no One Hit Kill potential unless they enemy has already took damage.

UPDATED - 15th March 12:15PM GMT

Plasma Grenades
Currently you spawn with TWO sticky grenades, reduce this to one, as of now, sticky grenades are killing vehicle combat in BTB combined with the Plasma Pistol.

Pulse Grenades
Allow players to spawn with TWO Pulse Grenades, this is a lot better for BTB play as if a player for example, EMPs a vehicle, if they throw their Pulse grenades perfectly, they will be able to almost destroy the vehicle along with weapon fire.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
I'd love to give my feedback!

Primary Weapons:

BR- Balanced
DMR- Can use reduced ROF and Aim Assist
AR - Balanaced
Storm Rifle - Balanced
Carbine - I feel it is too weak, a buff of 1 or 2 shots for a kill would fix
Suppresor - Slightly underpowered as well, the time for the reticle to return to standby position should be reduced so it is more affective to burst fire. Or just give it a buff.
Light Rifle - Balanced, maybe increase the speed of the 3 round burst slightly

Secondary Weapons -

Magnum - Balanced
Boltshot - Considerably Balanced, maybe even more of a range reduction, personally I think it works after the last TU
Plasma Pistol - Increase Tracking on players so it is more of a powerful anti-infantry weapon (Noob combo isn't how it used to be :'C) and remove tracking on vehicles, this will make it so Vehicles aren't completely useless. Make it so the reticle cannot turn red and track a vehicle.

Grenades -

Frag - Balanced
Sticky - Weaken strength on vehicles and/or only include 1 per loadout
Pulse - Balanced, perhaps could use a slight buff by increasing shield drain time while inside its sphere

Explosives -

Railgun - Has Detection issues, but balanced (Should not be included in Personal Ordnances)
Sticky Det - Balanced
Rockets - Balanced
Incin - Balanced
Fuel Rod - Balanced
Concussion - Balanced (maybe slight damage buff, nothing major)
Spartan Laser - Balanced

Snipers -

Binary - Balanced
Sniper - Reduce strength against vehicles (Removing flinch will also make the sniper feel like previous games, I prefer de-scoping) (remove from personal ordnances)
Beam - Although it is fun as a super power weapon you must A) Remove it from all personal ordnances (except BTB) or B) Reduce the no-scope auto-aim

Shotgun/Melee -

Shotgun - Balanced (remove from personal ordnances)
Scattershot - Balanced (Remove from personal ordnances)
Sword - Balanced
Gravity Hammer - Bring back the old sound *sniffle*, otherwise it could use a lunge increase (buff) (remove from personal ordnances)

Automatics -

SAW - Could use a slight slight slight nerf AND/OR remove from personal ordnances
Needler - Balanced

I don't know if there is a vehicle thread so...

Vehicles:

(Following my previous advice about PP's and PG's will help balance vehicles)

Scorpion: Increase health
Chain Hog: Increase Health, increase turret damage
Gauss Hog: Keep same health so it is weaker than Chain Hog
Banshee: Balanced, IMO
Mantis: Not sure how to critique this vehicle... Balanced... I guess?

Thanks 343 <3 Good luck on this game changing TU!
DMR - It is overpowered, plain and simple. Between the BR, Lightrifle, Carbine, and DMR,the DMR has the fastest kill time, requires the least amount of shots, and can kill effectively at any range. The amount of shots required for a kill needs to be increased, its firing speed needs to be decreased, or it needs to receive a damage decrease at close range. I would be very interested to see statistics on global weapon usage, as I would bet a very large amount of money that the DMR is by far the most used weapon due to how effective it is. There is simply no reason to use any other loadout gun in the game, unless you want the weapon specific commendations.

Carbine - Underpowered, but not by much. Reducing the shots required to kill by one or two would go a long way to making this gun a viable choice. As it stands now, the Carbine will lose in a one on one against every other primary weapon if both players are of equal skill, so there is no reason to use it.

Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, Suppressor - I find all of these weapons to be a little too weak. Yes, they are meant to be used only at close range, but 343's penchant for "medium to large" maps greatly limits their overall effectiveness. These guns are viable choices on the few small maps we have (Abandon, Skyline, Landfall), but on any other map it is almost always a better bet to use a DMR/BR. All of the medium maps (Haven, Solace, Monolith) have long sight-lines where the DMR/BR user has the definite advantage, and running an assault weapon loadout on the larger maps is suicide (unless you pick a spot and camp, a la the rock caves on Ragnorak or the center structure on Exile).

It is possible for both a DMR and a BR to kill a Spartan using an AR or Storm Rifle at close range if both players begin firing at the same time. I think that is ridiculous, as the assault weapons should be winning that contest every single time due to the specialized nature of the guns. I find that there is no real incentive to using any of the assault weapons in their current state, as a player can be equally as effective at close range with a BR/DMR and Boltshot combo while remaining effective at long range due to the BR/DMR. I am not asking for a range increase on any of the assault weapons, just a slight damage boost to give them a definite edge in close combat and therefore an actual reason to use them.

Boltshot - I do think the recent update applied a much needed nerf to the range of this weapon, but I still think the range needs to be decreased even further. Why not make the effective kill range almost nothing, allow the shot to pop shields at its current kill range, and up the damage on its single shots to allow for a quicker kill once the shields are down? The existence of the Boltshot eliminates any incentives a Scattershot or Shotgun would offer because the kill range is the same as both of those guns.

I have no complaints about any of the other weapons. I think 343 is doing a great job listening to the community, I absolutely loved the three maps we got with Majestic (mainly because running an assault weapon loadout was actually viable), and I look forward to what they have coming down the pipeline. Even with my criticisms, I think they knocked it out of the park with Halo 4 and actually exceeded the impossibly high expectations, so keep up the good work. And nerf the DMR. Please.

Stealing FM Ninja's post format because I agree with him on most stuff.

Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle - Perfect
DMR - requires a rate of fire, auto-aim/bullet magnetism and damage nerf.
Covenant Carbine - Slight rate of fire increase and one less shot to kill would be perfect.
Light Rifle - A very slight magnetism buff.
Assault Rifle - Perfect, if you nerf this then you are dead to me.
Suppressor - Perfect
Storm Rifle - Could do with a vent button, not sure if that's possible, if not, teeny tiny overheat reduction

Secondary Weapons
Magnum - Perfect
Plasma Pistol - Slight increase to the amount of primary fire damage.
Boltshot - Better than it was, but 1shot kills are still a slight issue. Maybe make it so the only way to do a charged shot is if you have ten shots in the clip at that time?

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle - Perfect
Beam Rifle - Slight decrease to bullet magnetism? This things a Snapsnot machine. Even moreso than the Binary Rifle.
Binary Rifle - Perfect

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot - ever so slight damage boost/ more choke so the shots don't go as wide
Shotgun - Perfect
Energy Sword - Bring back sword blocking. Other than that, I think it's fine.
Gravity Hammer - Perfect

Other
Railgun - slightly more vehicle damage
Rocket Launcher - Perfect
Incineration Cannon - King of the power weapons. Leave it alone.
Spartan Laser - Charge time decreased slightly.
Sticky Detonator - Perfect
Concussion Rifle - Rate of fire increase
Fuel Rod Cannon - Fine as is. But if everyone demands the RoF is nerfed, then I'd be okay with it.
Needler - Perfect
SAW - Perfect

Grenades
Frag Grenade - Perfect
Plasma grenade - Only allow players to spawn with one in personal loadouts. Decrease damage done to vehciles. if someone catches me off guard with a plamsa pistol while I'm in a hog, I shouldn't be guaranteed death.
Pulse Grenade - Allow two for players in personal loadouts. They're too situational to only allow one.
Primary Weapons

Br - Many love the br, but i think that it is to easy to use. The heavy aim assist and bullet magnetism make headshots easy and aiming is way too easy. A lot of people believe that the spread needs to be reduce so that it can consistent. I have never noticed this problem. The bottom line is that i think the bullet magnetism and aim assist should be reduced because the br easy to use just like most of the other precision weapons.

I also think that its range should be limited a tiny bit more to encourage more map movement

Dmr - The dmr does not really feel like a long range weapon. The rate of fire may not seem like such a big advantage, but it really does make a difference. I believe that the rate of fire should be reduced to the point where it shoots a little slower then the br because i believe that its accuracy gives it a good advantage. I also think that adding descope back would vastly improve balance of this and all the other precision weapons because the dmr causes the most flinch, and flinch has not been well received.

Assault Rifle - It does its job at close range, but I have noticed that it still strips my shields down by quite a bit even if the person is not quite at close range. It is not really a big problem, but it can get annoying when almost everyone on a team is using it.

Light rifle - It really seems like the light rifle is harder to use because you have to be almost perfectly accurate to get a kill with it, and I LIKE THAT, because it rewards accuracy. I really think that this weapon should be used as an example when making changes to the other precision rifles.

Carbine - A lot of people want the carbine to be reduced to an 7 shot kill. I think that this would be a good idea. SOME ALSO WANT A 6 SHOT, BUT THIS SHOULD NOT BE DONE BECAUSE THE CARBINE SHOOTS REALLY FAST AND WOULD KILL EXTREMELY FAST.

Secondary Weapons

Boltshot - The title update did help, but the fact that it almost completely takes down your shields at long ranges, can get annoying. I think that giving it a spread the makes the damage decrease as the range increases would really help.

Magnum - It is cool

Plasma pistol - A lot of people do not like the fact that it is a loadout weapon because it gives everyone an automatic advantage against vehicles and some people use it to quickly take down shields and go for headshots. This weapon will not be a problem as long as the range at which it locks on is not mid range or long range. This will force players to get closer

Other

Needler - It kills to quickly

Sticky detonator - its blast radius is a little to much. I think reducing the blast radius a little bit will require targets to very close or right next to it to die and not kill at ridiculous ranges.

Shotguns/melee

Scattershot - it seems shots do not always register as an instant kills when they should. This means that it needs to be more consistent. If i shoot someone once or twice at close ranges, then they should die.

Snipers

Unsc sniper - Flinch does not help against snipers. Shooting a sniper seems to cause little to no flinch because the targets aim is not affected enough to throw off their shot. The best thing to do is to add descope. The aim assist is a tad too much and i think the new scope is part of that. The big circle around the scope makes it easy to follow a target. I have always felt like the rate of fire was a little to fast, but i am pretty sure that descoping is enough.

Beam rifle - The no scoping on this weapon is crazy because of the aim assist. It is to easy to follow a target with the reticle. I do not really like the
rate of fire, but it makes it different and fixing the other issues i have already mentioned will make it balanced.

Binary rifle - Adding descope would make this weapon perfect

I would just like to restate that i think descoping is really important because it forces the player to either retreat or come up with a better strategy and prevents someone who fired while scoped first from having the advantage.

I love the game and i cannot wait to see the changes
Many of these are small nitpicks, but whatever.
Gamewide: Nerf aim assist and bullet magnetism. DMR should have the least of the primaries, followed by BR and LR, then Carbine.

Primary Weapons

Battle Rifle: Reduce spread and ROF, buff to 4sk. It should kill in 1.5 seconds, right in the middle of the DMR and Halo 3 BR. Currently, it kills way to slow compared to the killtimes in other Halo games.
DMR: Reduce vehicle damage to be slightly less than the BR's. Reduce scoped and unscoped aim assist range to match the LR. This has been explained enough lol
Covenant Carbine: 7sk, no spread at all. 7 shots should be slightly more than 4 full burst of the BR in terms of vehicle damage. New killtime is 1.38 seconds, just like at E3. Even against the current BR, it's just too weak...
Light Rifle: Small buff to unscoped ROF. Kills in 1.6 seconds when unscoped and 1.4 seconds when scoped. Buff vehicle damage to equal BR's. Just to keep up with the others.
Assault Rifle: Slightly decrease bloom expansion rate and increase expansion rate. The Halo Reach AR could burst fire, and we have another two autos for the SMG niche
Suppressor: Increase the range a little bit in whatever way is best
Storm Rifle: Allow it to squeeze off a few more shots before overheating, slight increase to projectile travel speed.

Secondary Weapons
Magnum: 5sk or larger clip. Or use Sitristahl's suggestion
Plasma Pistol: Buff damage for primary fire, stuns vehicles for less time, and EMP Assists should count to its commendation
Boltshot: Buff primary fire to 7sk, charge should take the whole clip

Sniper Rifles
Sniper Rifle: headshots give the headshot medal and count toward the headshot commendation
Beam Rifle: headshots give headshot medal and count toward the headshot commendation

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot: More consistent online
Energy Sword: Little bigger lunge distance
Gravity Hammer: No slowdown when shot while Sprinting. Little bigger lunge distance and an increase in AOE damage

Other
Railgun: In some cases, a direct shot doesn't kill due to latency
Rocket Launcher: Reduce splash damage to Reach's or less. Makes it take slightly more skill and makes Team Rockets more fun.
Incineration Cannon: Initial Splash damage is slightly more than Halo 3's Rockets, scondary explosions decreased a bit. Makes it take slightly more skill.
Spartan Laser: Faster charge up time, should damage a fully healed Mantis' health to the first stage. Currently if it finds cover and heals, you wasted a shot.
Sticky Detonator: Less splash damage. Way too easy to use as it's splash damage exceeds the Rocket's...
Concussion Rifle: Faster projectile speed. The reason why is that since you can hit a player in the air with one shot, it is much harder to hit the other 2.
Fuel Rod Cannon: less splash damage to make it less easy, the shots should bounce a little less often
SAW: More recoil
Frag Grenade: slightly more range, spawn with 2.
Plasma Grenade: slightly more splash damage, spawn with 1.
Pulse Grenade: Slow players down when walking through them. More damage. Spawn with 2
Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle- This weapon has too much random spread and very low damage. I suggest making this weapon only take 12 bullets to kill as opposed to the current 13; with 11 bullets to break shields. This makes the weapon more-suited to mid-range combat as a contendor against the DMR while differentiating it from the Light Rifle. The removal of spread makes the BR consistent out to a medium range, where recoil must be controlled and randomness is eliminated.

DMR- Currently, the DMR has the longest aim assist range of all the weapons in the game. I suggest lowering the range at which you get a red reticle on the DMR to be in line with either how the Light Rifle is currently, or somewhere between the LR and BR/Carbine.

Covenant Carbine- The Carbine has too low per-shot damage to stay competitive with the other weapons in this Halo 4. The Carbine should be changed so it becomes a 7 shot kill, with 6 shots to break shields.

Secondary Weapons
Magnum-The Magnum should be changed significantly. The bloom should be removed to make the weapon more-competitive against the primary precision rifles when players choose to spawn with a close-range automatic weapon. To compensate, the rate of fire should be lowered to somewhere between the Carbine and Battle Rifle to balance out the 6 shot kill while eliminating randomness.

Sniper Rifles
Beam Rifle- The Beam Rifle has far too much unscoped aim assist. This allows the player to get Snapshot medals very easily, and even if they miss their first shot a second one is not far away.

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot- There is too much random spread on this weapon, and the actual pellets disappear at random ranged, making the weapon's performance very unpredictable. To fix this, the spread should always have a consistent pattern, and the shots should vanish at a consistent range.

Other
Spartan Laser- The charge time on this weapon is very slow in comparison to Reach. I feel the weapon would work better in both infantry and Big Team games with a faster charge time as an alternative to the Railgun.

Sticky Detonator- The splash damage radius on this weapon is far too high, and it allows players to achieve kills on shots that weren't even aimed, and there is nearly no purpose is getting a stick with the weapon due to the absurdly high splash damage.
Out to lunch.
| We're not rejects; We get Rejections | The real #1 Doodle fanboy! |
Primary Weapons.
DMR in terms of firepower does not need a damage/firing speed nerf, Just reduce the Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist and it should be fine.

Battle Rifle needs a slight Damage Buff. Make it a 4 shot kill but only at close range. It would still be a 5 shot kill at Mid-long range.

Carbine Needs a slight Damage Buff so it takes 7 shots to kill instead of 8 shots.

Light Rifle should have its Hipfire Burst Firing Rate increased by 10%.

Secondary Weapons.

Magnum should maybe have a slight damage buff so it takes 5 shots to kill like in reach instead of 6.

Plasma Pistol should maybe have a slight damage buff so it would take 3 single shots to take out the shields(At least in Close ranmge anyways) instead of 4.

Boltshot should have a damage buff for its single shots so it would take 7 shots to kill of Over an entire clip. Oh and don't nerf the Charge shotgun blast so it an't a One-shot kill anymore. That's the strength of this weapon and you already nerfed it by reducing its range so leave it as it is.

123Next >»76 Pages