Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
I was made Community Member of the Week on 18th March 2013 - Link

Hi everyone. I've been on the site for a while now, exactly two years actually, but hadn't visited this forum before now. I spend most of my time in the Halo 4 forum or Waypoint forum. I've been increasingly active on here of late and someone suggested I should introduce myself here, so here goes...

Gamertag: A Blues fan

Origin of gamertag: I'm a Chelsea FC fan. They're a football/soccer club in the English Premiership. Their nickname is 'The Blues', hence my name. I do also like Blues music though so that works too!

Current clan/community: Halo Waypoint

Halo game(s) you are currently playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars

Favorite map, game type and playlist: I love playing FFA Regicide on Haven as I find that gametype and map combo pretty manic and fast paced.

Least favorite map, game type and playlist: Probably Team Snipers on any map as I find I'm only good with a sniper if people don't move and I have a few seconds to line up the shot, i.e. I suck with the Sniper.

Preferred control scheme: Default; Sensitivity: 7; Non-inverted.

Halo weapon specialty/preference: I'm trying to increase my use of the difficult weapons as I enjoy having goals to complete and I'm currently trying to get weapon commendations. I've mastered the Plasma Pistol, Storm Rifle and Pulse Grenades as I thought I'd try with the hardest ones first! I'm currently working through Suppressor.

Halo playing style (offense, defense, sniper, driver, etc.): I'm pretty much a Lone Wolf and like to do my own thing in games. I used to worry about my K/D in objective games but now I just relax more, have fun and go for the objective as well, which means I'm more offensive nowadays.

Favorite character: Master Chief of course! Although I do like the Rookie and Buck from ODST and think Lasky is a great character too. I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble in Spartan OPs Season 2 after interfering with Halsey's assassination.

Favorite book: Contact Harvest was a nice story with the relationship between the two AI playing out the way it did, (nice in a sad way).

Favorite Halo quote:

Sgt. Johnson, Halo 2 wrote:
"When I joined the corps we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks, we had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for the whole platoon - and we had to share the rock!"

Anything else we should know? I'm a father of three who's been with Halo since Halo: CE launched on the original X-Box. My two sons like playing Halo with me, but the wife and daughter aren't really interested, being more into their wii fitness/singing games. My first online experience was Halo 2. I have over 11,500 games of Halo 3 and 4,500 games of Reach under my belt. I have all X-box related Halo achievements except for Runnin' the Show on Halo Wars, which is proving to be quite elusive!

I try to stay positive on the forums and help other members out where possible and look forward to logging in each day to see what's new in the community. For instance, I'm looking forward to playing Action Sack later this week as I hear the gametypes are a lot of fun!

EDIT: I also like to make lists & guides to help fellow forum users and answer questions, so I thought I'd link to some of my favourites here:

The Giveaway Topic - Free Stuff Here...

Halo: Spartan Assault Information & Resources

Spartan OPs Enemies by Difficulty

Bird of Prey achievement guide

Complete checklist of all DLC and how to unlock it

Complete checklist of all Marketplace content

Complete checklist of all 16 Weapon Skins and how to unlock them

Complete checklist of all 73 Helmets and how to unlock them

Complete checklist of all 175 Emblems and how to unlock them

Why were some 'classic' emblems left out?
Officialy Welcome To Waypoint !
Just browsing while composing

Update 8. Halo 3 Disc, 2
Halo Sheet Music Collection Thread
HurryingCandy;2365982 wrote:
Officialy Welcome To Waypoint !

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for suggesting I post here introducing myself - I can't believe I'd never done it before.

There's a lot of positivity in this forum and it's nice to see :)
It's funny, I was actually looking for your roll call a couple hours ago :P

Well, Welcome (Officially) to Waypoint!
I will say i like the way you laid out all the information, very visually appealing lol

I love your Johnson quote, but then again, anything that man said I either found hilarious or just great. I noticed you said you have almost all achievements but a Halo Wars achievement, I know the pain. It took me FOREVER but after years of work I was able to get every achievement... excluding Halo 4 related achievements lol still working on them.

Thats all I got for now, as always, if you have any questions or just wanna talk, feel free to contact me! :)
Wake me, when you need me
Forum Ranking | Member Ranks
Austin7934;2366012 wrote:
It's funny, I was actually looking for your roll call a couple hours ago :P

Well, Welcome (Officially) to Waypoint!
I will say i like the way you laid out all the information, very visually appealing lol

I love your Johnson quote, but then again, anything that man said I either found hilarious or just great. I noticed you said you have almost all achievements but a Halo Wars achievement, I know the pain. It took me FOREVER but after years of work I was able to get every achievement... excluding Halo 4 related achievements lol still working on them.

Thats all I got for now, as always, if you have any questions or just wanna talk, feel free to contact me! :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm glad it's not just me who found Runnin' the Show a pain. Still, it really will be an achievement by the time I get it! Well done on getting that and all the other ones too, (except for some Halo 4 ones). If you haven't yet got the Bird of Prey achievement I have a nice tip for that one.

Thanks also for the offer of help/chat - it's appreciated. I first noticed you on the forums a while ago through your Forum Member/Rank topic in the Waypoint forum which you've clearly put a lot of time into - it's very helpful, thanks!
Welcome (officially) to Waypoint!

I've seen you around, and nominated you for Community Member of the Week just today. But for some reason, my post isn't showing up in that thread. If you check my "Last 10 posts" you'll see that I actually did nominate you though. Wonder why it's not showing up.
"When they break your heart, when they cause your soul to mourn, remember what I said; 'Boy you was Battle Born.'"
OompaMyLoompaa;2366280 wrote:
Welcome (officially) to Waypoint!

I've seen you around, and nominated you for Community Member of the Week just today. But for some reason, my post isn't showing up in that thread. If you check my "Last 10 posts" you'll see that I actually did nominate you though. Wonder why it's not showing up.

Thanks for the welcome and congratulations on being this week's CMOTW!

Thank you so much for nominating me - it's much appreciated! As for your post disappearing, perhaps someone with moderation powers accidentally deleted or moved it somehow? I know accidents happen like that, (I used to be a forum moderator on HaloCharts before the site shut down and know how careful you have to be!). Or perhaps it's just disappeared or glitched out of existence somehow!

For the record, I think I read your post in the topic before it disappeared, so thank you for nominating me!
Yeah no prob, man! And thanks!

The most recent posts on the thread has disappeared! I have no idea where they've gone to, but I think it was a mistake on a forum mod's part, but who knows?
"When they break your heart, when they cause your soul to mourn, remember what I said; 'Boy you was Battle Born.'"
OompaMyLoompaa;2366352 wrote:
Yeah no prob, man! And thanks!

The most recent posts on the thread has disappeared! I have no idea where they've gone to, but I think it was a mistake on a forum mod's part, but who knows?

Actually, I just posted there myself to nominate someone and my post hasn't appeared, so I think it's a bit glitchy at the moment with regards to that topic for some reason. It will probably fix itself in a bit.

When typing my reply I could see yours in the '10 most recent replies' section under my reply box, so I know your post is still in the system somewhere, as will mine be probably!
Yeah, but of all threads, why that one?

Well, it is pretty active but the "Rate the Spartan armor above you!" thread is even more active and I haven't noticed any glitches with it so far.
OompaMyLoompaa;2366396 wrote:
Yeah, but of all threads, why that one?

Well, it is pretty active but the "Rate the Spartan armor above you!" thread is even more active and I haven't noticed any glitches with it so far.

OK, this is a bit weird, but if you go to the last page (page 69) it takes you here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst39483p69_NOMINATE-SOMEONE-FOR-COMMUNITY-MEMBER-OF-THE-WEEK.aspx

Your post, and my post, don't appear.

But if you manually change the p69 part of the url to p70, our posts appear, but it still says there's only 69 pages in the topic!

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst39483p70_NOMINATE-SOMEONE-FOR-COMMUNITY-MEMBER-OF-THE-WEEK.aspx

Defintiely a glitch in the system...
Huh, that is very weird.

I can see your posts and my old posts too, now. I think the 343 Administrators or forum police should have a look at this.
OompaMyLoompaa;2366432 wrote:
Huh, that is very weird.

I can see your posts and my old posts too, now. I think the 343 Administrators or forum police should have a look at this.

Weird indeed.

I will post a topic about it in the Waypoint forum as I know the Forum Team account (that deals with bugs/glitches) checks that forum often.

EDIT: deluca34 beat me to it!
Welcome to Waypoint!
Welcome to Waypoint, even though you've been here for long enough to be nominated for CMotW!

Not sure what they're doing about the threads that are affected by that glitch. Rate the Spartan Armo(u)r Above You is affected now too.
Congrats on CMotW!

You deserve it !
Just browsing while composing

Update 8. Halo 3 Disc, 2
Halo Sheet Music Collection Thread
HurryingCandy;2379453 wrote:
Congrats on CMotW!

You deserve it !

Wow!!!!!

Thanks - I've just noticed the medal in the past few minutes whilst on the forums and now seen the blog post as well :)

Thank you everyone who voted for me this week - I really appreciate it!!!
Congratulations of CMotW! You sincerely earned it!
Congrats Buddy!
Congrats dude! :)
12Next >2 Pages