Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»11 Pages
Zoidberg meme intended any anyone who thinks they are clever enough to use this should just back away now.

Starting off, this game's multiplayer is terrible at times. Whatever true skill matching system they use is broken on half the playlists. I can't play doubles without either being stomped on or stomping on the enemy.

Right below here is going to be a list of all the things wrong with Halo right now:

• Loadouts
    -Full customization is dreadful across the board. (Stickies are borderline power items that ruin vehicle play, BS is still a 1SK OP sidearm & Mods/AA's take away from core mechanics that made Halo what it was).
    -Mods are another terrible idea. A portion of them should be in standard base player traits and not forced to select them.
    -The mere fact someone thought it would be a good idea to make a side-arm a one shot kill that is very effective is an incredibly bad idea.

• AA's!
    -Camo is another aweful idea, which spawned from Reach. The ability to go camo willy-nilly is the worst thing ever. It not only slows gameplay but gives snipers a completely unfair advantage.
    -AA's should not be a highlight of the core slayer mechanics, they should compliment it, but instead we get JP that ignores cover in the game and allows for unfair height advantages when used properly. And we get Camo which was a power up for a damn reason and we have a friggin' wall-hack. Not to mention mods to counter some of the stuff.

• Broken gameplay
    -This is where luck reigns supreme. Where lag, aim assist and bullet magnetism will be the deciding factors. It's laughable what 343i turned the Beam Rifle into. I am an average player who was always generally bad at noscoping. But plop a beamer in my hands and I'll get a triple kill 3-shot snapshots with no problem.
    -Railgun, the amount of magnetism on this weapon can literally shoot through lag. For what this weapon is, it should be a hit-scan weapon with no magnetism.

• Personal Ordinance and the Lottery weapon drop system
    -Single worst idea ever IMO. I can go a whole game getting snipers from the personal ordinance using Requisition and Ordinance Priority. And a lot of other people do the same, and it all generally sucks when you're getting sniped left right and center.
    -Random weapon drops that are not neutral is an absolutely horrible idea. I've had the game drop rockets on the winning teams side during objective play so many times and I'm just standing there thinking WTF.

I am finding this inexcusable adding all these CoD mechanics, the Mods don't mesh well in many cases and the Personal Ordinance is quite literally the Strike Package from MW3.

The fast kill times and sheer accuracy of the weapons makes for some extremely irritating instances as well. In CoD, the first person to see the other is generally the one to win. And now the same really seems to apply to Halo 4 where as in the previous games you still stood a chance in a shootout.

It feels like every single idea someone at 343i, either had a really good idea but it mutated into an abomination of what it should have been, or it was just a crummy idea to begin with and the end-result was still awful.

Feel free to add to whatever I left out, because I did leave out a lot of stuff.

I also welcome everyone who disagrees with me; there are two sides to every coin, I am aware people like this game. I too have a lot of fun with this game, but I also have a heck of a lot less fun playing this game compared to all the others.

I forgot to mention a lot of the objectives are shadows of what they were, CTF is a complete abomination of what it used to be, custom game settings... Garbage.

To the people who think I haven't provided any solutions; solutions are at the root of all complaints/problems and don't have to be explicitly said. But what could really do this game some real good would be the following:

A true-blue classic playlist. And call it for what it is, either team classic or social slayer. Make it as similar to Halo 3's social slayer settings. No more ordinance or random global weapon drops. It should be neutral for power weapons and be static.

A true-blue classic BTB. Why classic? Because it was perfect, objectives, slayer, vehicle play. All of it worked and meshed well together. In 4 it's just a circle **** with power weapons and guessing which camo'd enemy just sniped you.

A REAL ranked playlist. A good numbered system and it should be visual. I know we had problems with the H3's system but it worked quite well for the most part. It is what will drawn in the crowed at least and that's what make it important.

Shift the focus off of what 343i thinks was going to be the bees knees, infinity slayer was a very bad idea in practice. Good idea on paper. They went into making this game like a dictator. Explicitly saying play it as "we" intend you to, if it needs changed after, we can do a TU. That's basically what frankie said about CTF.

Just leaves my head full of WTF's why not leave those settings open in forge? That would have saved MLG forger's so much grief.

-Edit 2.0-

After playing some doubles and snipers I've remembered a few more things to add.

Explosives exploding in mid-air. It really ticks me off when you're throwing a 'Nade or sticky detonator and the enemy happens to be lucky enough to shoot it and it explodes in your face. It's a broken mechanic IMO, extremely irritating when it happens.

Something is very off with the melee system. I've had times with no radar, the two of us come in for the mutual punchout, and you can't friggin' find them afterwards. I've never had that issue until this game and it's mildly irritating when it happens.

This right here is one of my biggest issues. Assassinations. When I want them I get them and when I don't want them I still get them. Yeah, they're flashy and nice but well over half the time I seemingly have no control over them. I don't want to do them in snipers or in a competitive game type; I have died so many times accidentally doing this. Times I could have done a quick double back smack leads to his friend turning around and punching me out by the time I finish.

And flinching is extremely irritating. Half the time I prefer to die to try and shoot through it; with snipers especially I find myself completely hapless in team snipers. In a 1v1 setting both scoped in, the first one to lays the hit means the other one is looking like a meter and a half to the top right in the air.

To anyone who managed to get down this far without hitting the 'reply' tab after the 5th sentence. You deserve a cookie! But seriously, please look at this objectively before posting.

Halo, at it's very roots, was always about the balancing act. Weapon locations, power up locations. Map movement and vehicles. But now half of that doesn't seem to matter much. We have rockets spawning non-neutral locations during objectives and games were a team can save all their ordinance to call in at once, who likely use Requisition at the very least so they can all call in uber weapons like snipers or rockets. That's not how Halo is supposed to be. Or at least that's not how Halo is supposed to be focused on.
You clearly have never played cod, or you would know how differently sandbox shooters play from linear ones.
So many complaints, no solutions. Why so many of these threads?
True skill only works if there is enough players in a playlist. When a playlist has only 2-3 thousand players it limits the amount of even players it can match you with while continuing to keep decent match times. If it was 100% accurate with no exceptions you would sit in a lobby for a very long time trying to find a match. The amount of time increases if you have a full party as it then tries to match you with other full parties of similar skill thus thinning out the amount of potential matched even further.

As for everything else. I somewhat agree. I'd like no camo or promo vision as AAs. Those may as well be hacks IMO. One makes you invisible and one lets you see through walls. The jetpack can break maps but is far better than it was in Reach. It could be toned down a bit.

Ordinance is where I would put camo. Ordinance would always give you the same choices and they would only be the three power ups. Camo, overshiled, and damage boost. Power weapons would be on the map to be controlled on a respawn timer.

Loadouts I don't mind too much. It lets players choose what weapon they want to start with depending on the gametype and map picked. I don't think there should ever be a 1sk weapon as a loadout weapon. That does not make sense to me. I'm looking at you Boltshot.

Aim assist is needed to compensate lag and lag will always be there in an online game especially ones that uses p2p networking.

That's my $0.02.
Bullet Magnetism... Worst part.
Nothing new here that has not already been discussed previously at length in countless other threads.

EDIT: (Posted before OP extensively edited his post for the better)
YxS0xS3ri0us;2338319 wrote:
You clearly have never played cod, or you would know how differently sandbox shooters play from linear ones.

I play COD and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this game tried to emulate "Modern FPS titles" and failed miserably. Either you're in denial, or you haven't played COD.

Dangerchocomog;2338330 wrote:

People are unhappy and want to voice their opinions?

As for solutions... well, maybe 343i shouldn't work on the next Halo game.
A Positive halo 4 topic is like finding a diamond in the sand, make a specific complaint topic for this forum so that it isnt spammed with "OMG HALO 4 SUX" or "DMR IS OP, NERF NOW PLZ" topics.

This...

This...

And also this
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

I play COD and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this game tried to emulate "Modern FPS titles" and failed miserably. Either you're in denial, or you haven't played COD.

So you think Halo 4 plays like CoD? Yeah, you should stop now.

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

So basically you have nothing to offer and should stop posting...
I'm just one of those who enjoys this game the way it was made. Sure it has flaws but none of them disagree with me to the point where I'd call any aspect of the game Inexcusable, terrible, or crap.

I look forward to 343 taking both our feedback and giving us something evolutionary and awesome in H5. Till then I'll continue to enjoy the heck out of H4.
OrKuun Byundis;2338371 wrote:
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

So you think Halo 4 plays like CoD? Yeah, you can stop talking now.

Uh, yeah? Only a fool or a mindless sycophant would think otherwise.

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

I'm offering my opinion, like you or anyone else who posts on this forum.
Vancouva;2338383 wrote:
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

No no, Halo 4 doesn't play like CoD in any way at all. Even sharing certain features, it is far different in the areas that really matter. "It plays like CoD" is just stupid.

And unless you have something constructive to offer beside "Durr, this game sux", there's no point in your posting and it's little better than spam.
OrKuun Byundis;2338400 wrote:
Vancouva;2338383 wrote:
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

No no, Halo 4 doesn't play like CoD in any way at all. Even sharing certain features, it is far different in the areas that really matter. "It plays like CoD" is just stupid.

And unless you have something constructive to offer beside "Durr, this game sux", there's no point in your posting and it's little better than spam.

It does play like COD, you are very thick to think otherwise. Even Reach felt like more of a Halo game than this abomination.

And what are your posts? They aren't offering anything constructive either besides, "Hurr stop insulting this game you're hurting my feelings!".

New OP is new.
This thread has sort of devolved into a bunch of one liner spam/snipes kinda how a thread gets locked. here from more
[color=red]Keep it Clean
[/color]
Vancouva;2338416 wrote:
Vancouva;2338383 wrote:
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

It does play like COD, you are very thick to think otherwise. Even Reach felt like more of a Halo game than this abomination.

And what are your posts? They aren't offering anything constructive either besides, "Hurr stop insulting this game you're hurting my feelings!".

I posted to call you out on not being constructive and perhaps provoke a semblance of such, but if you're one of those people who seriously think Halo 4 and CoD gameplay are similar I see little point in talking to someone with their hands in their ears. Carry on in ignorance.
OrKuun Byundis;2338436 wrote:
Vancouva;2338416 wrote:
Vancouva;2338383 wrote:
Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

Vancouva;2338351 wrote:

I posted to call you out on not being constructive and perhaps provoke a semblance of such, but if you're one of those people who seriously think Halo 4 and CoD gameplay are similar I see little point in talking to someone with their hands in their ears. Carry on in ignorance.

Obviously they have their differences, they're two different games on different engines for Christ's sake, but to completely disregard the eery similarities Halo now shares with COD in its MP portion is mind boggling.

Even the campaign has cheesy quick-time events.

Something very reminiscent of COD.
They share some features but play nothing alike at all.
Not sure if bashing Halo
/Frylock
Or Call of Duty
123Next >»11 Pages