Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»6 Pages
Greetings!

The Team Throwdown playlist comes out tomorrow, and we’re here to share some details with you. Grab a beverage and get comfy - this comprehensive update will tell you all about this new playlist.

Overall Settings
The following will be applied to the entire playlist and all game types.

Friendly Fire: Enabled
Game Length: 15 minutes
Custom Loadouts: Disabled
Death Cam: Disabled
Initial Ordnance: Enabled
Random Ordnance: Enabled - Used to create static weapon spawns
Personal Ordnance: Enabled in BR start / v2 settings:
- Left: Thruster Pack
- Down: Hologram
- Right: Hardlight Shield
Personal Ordnance: Disabled in "Deluxe" settings
Split-Screen: Enabled
Guests: Disabled
Sensor Mode: Allied movement - 25 meters
Player Speed: 110%
Overshield: 200%
Power Weapon / Powerup Spawns:
- Railgun: 2:00
- Sticky Detonator: 2:00
- Energy Sword: 2:00
- Sniper Rifle: 2:00
- Incineration Cannon: 3:00
- Rockets: 3:00
- Overshield: 2:00

The playlist will launch with two different variants in the voting options:

BR Start Settings:
These variants are the “v2” settings that have become popular within the competitive community. In the playlist voting options, they will appear as “Slayer BRs,” Extraction BRs,” etc. These settings will only feature one loadout:

v2 Game Loadout

Starting Weapon Battle Rifle
Secondary None
Grenades 2x Frags
Armor Abilities None
Tactical Mod Resupply
Support Mod Explosives

These settings will be available in the first and second voting slot at launch. Now, onto the new settings that we’ll be testing out in the Team Throwdown playlist.

“Deluxe” settings:
These variants were developed with help from veteran competitive players Walshy, StrongSide, and Ghostayame. We will be testing these variants in the Team Throwdown playlist, and they will only be available in the third voting option at time of launch. The goal of these settings is to offer a very different option from the BR start / v2 settings - Deluxe will feature 3 different starting rifles: the DMR, Battle Rifle, and Light Rifle - all mixed across 5 different loadouts. Additionally, to balance these rifles, we’ve added select armor abilities, tactical packages, and support upgrades to the loadout options. Here they are:

Deluxe Game Loadouts

Loadout 1

Primary Weapon – DMR
Secondary Weapon – None
Grenades – 2x Plasma
Armor Ability – None
Tactical Package – Shielding
Support Upgrade – None

Loadout 2

Primary Weapon – Battle Rifle
Secondary Weapon – None
Grenades – 2x Frag
Armor Ability – Hologram
Tactical Package – Resupply
Support Upgrade – Dexterity

Loadout 3

Secondary Weapon – None
Grenades – 2x Pulse
Armor Ability – Hardlight Shield
Tactical Package – Mobility
Support Upgrade – Sensor

Loadout 4

Secondary Weapon – None
Grenades – 2x Frag
Armor Ability – Thruster Pack
Tactical Package – Grenadier
Support Upgrade – Awareness

Loadout 5

Primary Weapon – LightRifle
Secondary Weapon – None
Grenades – 2x Frag
Armor Ability – Regeneration Field
Tactical Package – AA Efficiency
Support Upgrade – Ammo

These loadout options were the result of extensive brainstorming, testing, and modifying with professional players, and we look forward to hearing your feedback. In the Deluxe settings, you’ll notice that each loadout can play a distinct role, and it is our hope that these loadouts are not only balanced, but allow for interesting and evolving strategy. For consistency and comparison purposes, the Deluxe settings will feature the same overall game and map settings as the BR start / v2 game types, but personal ordnance will be disabled entirely, as discussed earlier.

Here are the game types and maps that will be featured for both variants:

Team Slayer
50 points to win, kill point = 1 point
Maps: Abandon, Haven, Shutout, Simplex, Solace

Extraction
5 points to win, 1 active site, sequential site movement, 5 second arm and conversion time, total extraction time = 1 minute per location, conversion timer pause enabled
Maps: Dispatch, Haven

King of the Hill
250 points to win, progressive hill movement, hill move: 2 minutes, hill spawn penalty disabled
Maps: Shutout

CTF
Adrift - 5 flags to win, 15 second flag reset, 3 second flag return, flag at home
Simplex -5 flags to win, 15 second flag reset, 3 second flag return, flag at home
Solace - 3 flags to win, 15 second flag reset, no flag return, flag does NOT need to be at home

Here’s what some of the players we’re working with have to say about the Team Throwdown playlist:

"Saying that I'm extremely excited about the Team Throwdown playlist would be an understatement. I can personally attest to how much time, work and effort were put into these settings by the entire team, as well as the whole Halo community. These maps, game types and settings bring out a classic, competitive feel, and even provide room for the evolution of a strategic skill gap." - Eric "Ghostayame" Hewitt

“I am excited to have a playlist that has the most competitive weapons, settings and maps that Halo 4 has to offer!” - David “Walshy” Walsh

“The first time I played these settings, I hit a quick scope to win a 49-49 standoff – what else can you ask for in a competitive playlist? You may not be able to get the rush of a tournament every day, but with this new playlist, you can experience the best competitive settings Halo 4 offers. I like the Battle Rifle start, which adds a definitive skill gap. I personally can't wait to start dominating in Team Throwdown and get my level 50!" - Michael “StrongSide” Cavanaugh

To close, we hope that you enjoy the Team Throwdown playlist, and after you play, we encourage you to leave your feedback in this thread , which will be unlocked on Monday morning. We realize that the Deluxe settings are new to the majority of you, and we will monitor feedback in this thread when considering any updates, changes, or additions to Team Throwdown. Your feedback will greatly impact how this playlist improves and evolves over time.

See you in the playlist tomorrow!
Sounds great.. Can't wait to play tomorrow :).. I'll stay up all night waiting for this actually lol.
I love you guys.
idk how i feel about the third option having dmr in it... i already see it being dominated with dmrs... i would have liked to seen a "Team LRs" though cause i think the light rifle takes a little more skill to handle and light rifle vs light rifle always are interesting battles... i doubt anyone will be using light rifle though... sadly
Rizotic;2293933 wrote:
idk how i feel about the third option having dmr in it... i already see it being dominated with dmrs... i would have liked to seen a "Team LRs" though cause i think the light rifle takes a little more skill to handle and light rifle vs light rifle always are interesting battles... i doubt anyone will be using light rifle though... sadly

I'll be using it.. That's for certain.
Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to try it out!
I think you guys may be over complicating things by making diff AA's and grenades per rifle. And the DMR having no AA at all.......
I have to go back to work tomorrow. So I won't really get to enjoy it until next Saturday.
Wheres my Light Rife?
If I ever play team deluxe, load out 4 baby.
Strongside states he can't wait to get his 50.

Does that mean you're releasing 1-50 ranks along w/ Throwdown? That'd be too sick.
The jumps on ShutOut should be fixed. During the Community Forge Test,on the map Shutout the bottom mid to s2 jump was Undo-able, same with the elbow to s2. Please fix that before adding it to the Throwdown Playlist.
Spartan League.

Make it happen!

Also LOL at the DMR loadout not getting an Armor Ability! AWESOME!

Where's the Carbine class?

Carbine with stability?
Loudout #4 for Deluxe all the wayyyyyyyyy
MoraL v2;2293968 wrote:
Strongside states he can't wait to get his 50.

Does that mean you're releasing 1-50 ranks along w/ Throwdown? That'd be too sick.

CSR is expected to launch in April. You can check out the latest about that toward the bottom of this Bulletin:

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/23/The-Halo-Bulletin-12313.aspx
Telehpathy;2293982 wrote:
The jumps on ShutOut should be fixed. During the Community Forge Test,on the map Shutout the bottom mid to s2 jump was Undo-able, same with the elbow to s2. Please fix that before adding it to the Throwdown Playlist.

You can do them in Throw Down settings because the jump height is better.
Looking forward to this. Awesome to see hardfixes like the 200% OS and 3min weapon respawn timers!
Sounds interesting, can't wait to test it.
Really looking forward to another great playlist.

MM Systems Team;2293897 wrote:
Team Slayer
50 points to win, kill point = 1 point

Why would something like this change between playlists? (Instead of 10 points-per-kill first to 1000 etc.)

Will this change be made to all playlists?
You guys should add some sort of Ranking system. Sort of like the ranking in the Arena playlist from Halo: Reach. That would be fun!
123Next >»6 Pages