Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»24 Pages
If you have played in the Team Throwdown playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.
I'm loving the V2 settings, but I think Deluxe needs to have all rifles on an even keel. Same as the BR starts, just with all rifles, like Doubles Pro.

Other than that, loving the new OS, and loving the static spawns. My stopwatch is getting a workout.
The games have been great! amazing settings!

However, people leaving is a huge problem. ive now played 5 ish games, and all but one had people leave, and on the other game the guy was afk for ~4 minutes in ctf simplex...

:/ we really need to punish those who leave a competitive game. maybe a more frequent and more effective temporary ban?
It is a great playlist, and I love the settings. Thus far I only have one suggestion:

Increase the shield recharge rate by about 10%

I believe this would improve map movement and decrease the time taken behind cover, waiting for one's shields to restore.

Other than that, although I doubt it can reconcile with the new design philosophy, I would still prefer de-scoping after being shot to the new flinch mechanism.
I mean I like the playlist but there are a couple things that could be changed, Shield Recharge Rate, and maybe when waypoint 'ranks' come out they could lose exp or something like that, when they quit because that is a constant problem. And sometimes I cant find a game for like half an hour when searching with a party of 3 or 4.
Everything is great in Team Throwdown but only one problem, sprint. I just played a match were everyone but me had a tool of destruction melee because of sprint. I have also noticed people start abusing sprint in camping spots by just waiting for their foe to come and then sprint and melee twice then repeat other than that, this is the best gametype yet.
>Get rid of two grenade starts, lower it to one. Having said this, playing BR KOTH on Lockout feels like a Halo Reach grenade fest when you're in the hill. This isn't Halo Reach Three Hundred and Forty-Three Industries.

>We need more armor ability selections besides the three. I've found thruster pack extremely useless when everyone has a medium to long range weapons.

>Why was the shotgun replaced with a Needler on Shutout? Everyone knows how ineffective that "power weapon" is in this game and now there is no counter on that map for the sword.

>It'd be nice to have some automatic starting weapons considering this is Team Throwdown if it is a classic rebound to older Halo games. This would cater toward best playability because you're using half the time Battle Rifles in a melee range fight.

>The respawn time is atrocious, 10 seconds? Especially when you're playing KOTH? Needs to be lowered to 6-7 seconds, it gives the opposing team plenty of time to score the win when you're respawning. Also with this, it doesn't feel like a huge fight for the hill when you're spending half the game waiting to respawn.
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:
>Get rid of two grenade starts, lower it to one. Having said this, playing BR KOTH on Lockout feels like a Halo Reach grenade fest when you're in the hill. This isn't Halo Reach Three Hundred and Forty-Three Industries.

>We need more armor ability selections besides the three. I've found thruster pack extremely useless when everyone has a medium to long range weapons.

>Why was the shotgun replaced with a Needler on Shutout? Everyone knows how ineffective that "power weapon" is in this game and now there is no counter on that map for the sword.

>It'd be nice to have some automatic starting weapons considering this is Team Throwdown if it is a classic rebound to older Halo games. This would cater toward best playability because you're using half the time Battle Rifles in a melee range fight.

>The respawn time is atrocious, 9 seconds? Especially when you're playing KOTH? Needs to be lowered to 6-7 seconds, it gives the opposing team plenty of time to score the win when you're respawning. Also with this, it doesn't feel like a huge fight for the hill when you're spending half the game waiting to respawn.

The only point you have is the needler being in shutout. Could have easily been replaced with Boltshot. The respawn time is supposed to be damaging becausing dying should be punished. Don't die so much.

So far the playlist is absolutely beautiful. Deluxe is awkward... but not terrible. The only complaint I have is quitting needs to be punished.
Good spawns.
Multichem;2296393 wrote:
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:

>The respawn time is atrocious, 9 seconds? Especially when you're playing KOTH? Needs to be lowered to 6-7 seconds, it gives the opposing team plenty of time to score the win when you're respawning. Also with this, it doesn't feel like a huge fight for the hill when you're spending half the game waiting to respawn.

The only point you have is the needler being in shutout. Could have easily been replaced with Boltshot. The respawn time is supposed to be damaging becausing dying should be punished. Don't die so much.

So far the playlist is absolutely beautiful. Deluxe is awkward... but not terrible. The only complaint I have is quitting needs to be punished.

>Being told don't die so much in a game that promotes shooting when the game is a Shooter.

>Being told don't die so much when there is two grenade starts.

>Being told don't die so much when the Explosives perk is enabled.

Don't have an answer for the rest of my requests?
From the games I have played, it is a good improvement over v1. I have no idea how they fixed the sniper ammo thing where we couldn't have them as ordinance drops. The other mystery is that huge boost to OS, which is awesome. A few issues though - on dispatch, the OS sometimes becomes a sticky det. Also, solace has to go or become solari. That map is so awful.
Hedronox;2296491 wrote:
Multichem;2296393 wrote:
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:

>Being told don't die so much in a game that promotes shooting when the game is a Shooter.

Use your teammates to communicate when the other team is dead and when they are Respawning, where they are, and if they are nading the hill. You gotta play it smart and only go for hill time when it is safe.
I LOVE Throwdown from the 2 games I played, which were both CTF, and I actually had a playlist to go to for Slayer that had Shields and NO AC! YAY!! Although, it can be frustrating when the Motion Tracker only tracks allies. I really don't see a point in having it in Throwdown at all.

One complaint thats more of the fault of the players, one of my games on Solace in CTF did not exactly go smoothly, even though we won because the timer ran out when we made our 3 run and the enemy was almost to their deliver point for their 3rd point, sometimes I lose the flag when I try to cap it, I die, and when I look at my teammates, they just sit on their -Yoinks!- and don't even try to take it and cap it. -_-
I love this playlist, I played a few games earlier today and they were pretty sweet.

The only changes I would suggest so far are less extraction sites and CTF touch return.
Hedronox;2296491 wrote:
Multichem;2296393 wrote:
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:

Play Smart, dude. You obviously haven't played much competitive, and that's not a bad thing. But you need to communicate with your team and take every move and push critically. you can't just rush for the objective, and you can't go guns ablazin'. You will die. A lot. Learn to think more about what you're doing and the outcomes of your actions. That's how you'll die less.

I don't need to address the other requests. The Boltshot, like I said earlier, is perfectly able to combat a sword when used correctly. The respawns are fine the way they are, as they are to punish deaths. Automatic starting weapons would be fine for the deluxe gametype, but this playlist is trying to emulate the competitive playlists of the past, not just give an old school feel, and automatic weapons aren't very competitive (at least not as competitive as precision weapons). The three AAs included in ordnance are put in place so the game flows well no matter which gets picked. The aren't game breaking, but are useful in choice situations, which is exactly how AAs AND ordnance should be utilized.

Learn to play the game from a competitive standpoint and you'll start to play a lot better. I promise. But it takes practice.
Bltzkrieg;2296522 wrote:
Hedronox;2296491 wrote:
Multichem;2296393 wrote:
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:

Use your teammates to communicate when the other team is dead and when they are Respawning, where they are, and if they are nading the hill. You gotta play it smart and only go for hill time when it is safe.

That's a good one lol. Let me get back to you when the Halo community gets headsets. And please don't play the "Well get your friends to join you" when it is apparent that Halo 4 has a pretty low population center.
In terms of the gametype, it would be nice to see more variety in ordnance drops. Maybe include other armour abilities, non power weapons (DMR, Carbine, Plasma pistol whatever) and powerups such as speed boost.

It would also be cool to see other, more frequently used, armour abilities spawn on the map, where appropriate.

Lastly, I know this can't be changed without a patch, but it might be nice if players dropped their armour abilities when they died. It feels kind of poitnless getting ordnance only to lose it forever when you die. Plus, it would be a nice prize for anyone who kills somebody with an AA.

Also (MLG types won't like this) if these changes were to appear in a more social playlist, perhaps you could offer a second loadout, identical to the current one, but with an AR instead of a BR. It would be more friendly to new players, but still give the more experienced ones an effective weapon.

Oh, and I'd quite like to see the motion tracker put back to normal.
While I love most of the changes put forth in Team Throwdown here are some tweaks I'd prefer to see...

(1) IMO, the loadout options for all gametypes under Team Throwdown should be between these...

BR
Magnum
2x Frags
No AA (map pick-up only)
Resupply
Explosives

BR
Magnum
2x Frags
No AA
Shielding
Explosives

BR
Magnum
2x Frags
No AA
Shielding
Dexterity

BR
Magnum
2x Frags
No AA
Resupply
Dexterity

BR
Assault Rifle
2x Frags
No AA
Firepower
Dexterity

...because the BR functions most efficiently at the ideal engagement distance that tends to encourage smart map movement and position jockeying while still allowing for precision skill to be vital in the gameplay. Therefore, pairing the BR with a mix-match of different competitive Loadout options should be what's offered as default starting options throughout all the gametypes in the playlist. Of course, the DMR, LR and CC, among many other starting weapons should still be available, but only by pick-up on the map. I'd also add that the Needler seems a bit out of place within a competitive playlist, I'd rather see it replaced with the SAW or something else.

(2) Increase the Sniper re-spawn timer from 2 minutes to 2-1/2 minutes or 3 minutes, somewhat closer to the re-spawn timer for the Rockets and iCannon.

(3) Now for less important, but perhaps more interesting concept changes. It would be intriguing if the Personal Ordinance Drops were the only method for obtaining power-ups. This means PODs would only offer power-ups, no power weapons or AAs. But in only offering power-ups it should do so in tiers...

1st drop would only give Speed Boosts,
2nd drop would give an option to choose between Overshield and Speed Boost,
3rd drop gives an option between all three power-ups (Damage Boost, Overshield, & Speed Boost).

...I like this concept because it limits the benefit of PODs to a set timer (power-ups only last so long), where as AAs, even ones that seem inconsequential, can be used constantly until a player dies. Also, for balance tweaking the Point Increase Multiplier could be increased or the initial Point Requirement could be higher ensuring that only players who are having a well above average game will have a chance at the 3rd drop.

(4) This last thought goes hand-in-hand with the previous one in particular... Armor Abilities should be available as map pick-up choices. This should give them a similar role to H3 equipment and ensure complete control over the type and amount of AAs that can be used on any given map. To ensure complete control over these other AAs, the re-spawn settings should be such that the AA won't re-spawn until the player who grabbed the AA dies, at which point in time only then does a short re-spawn timer begin. Any planned AA the MM team tested and thus decided was good for a map should provide a specific competitive advantage for the player on a given map, or section of the map, making their usefulness similar to a power weapon. This should allow for additional AAs or in other words those beyond just the Hardlight Shield, Thruster Pack, and Hologram to be incorporated into the competitive scene.

I would like to add that the Ally Movement only radar was a brilliant inclusion in Team Throwdown as a replacement for no radar, because it's fantastic for providing the ability to gain additional insight on a player's teammate positions.

I do wish there was another playlist similar to Team Throwdown that not only included the changes I outlined above, but also had a fully functioning radar, JiP and a standard-ish H4 scoring system - in other words earning points for assists and whatnot. The things that would differentiate this "other" playlist from Team Throwdown, especially with the JiP system being the most essential inclusion, would allow it to be a slightly less try-hard-ish, yet still competitive take on a solid playlist design, but likely more enjoyable for the masses.
Ill start with the "Deluxe" playlist. Terrible idea to give people a DMR over a BR in what is supposed to be balanced gameplay. That in itself ruins that playlist.

As for the rest my first game on Team Throwdown was extraction BR's and played well
but overall the playlist is terrible because there is no system in place that pairs people up with comparable skill. I played about 5 games and my teammates could not handle it and we got completely destroyed with no chance of even making it close. A playlist like this cannot work with no ranking system implemented and I do look forward to APRIL (faceplam) for said system to be put into place.

I stated in another thread that it is still imperative to create a social playlist and a ranked playlist or its just not going to work with all of the unbalanced issues with Infinity. Damn I really want to like this game but 343 has truly made it incredibly difficult.

Team Doubles is outstanding however but again that is something that should have been in the game from the start. I would love to know why that was not an option before launch.

Super frustrated with this game right now. A running trend that really has only been thwarted a bit by Double Team. Im just not sure 343 really "Gets it".
Hedronox;2296491 wrote:
Multichem;2296393 wrote:
Hedronox;2296341 wrote:

You sir are an idiot. this game is a shooter and obviously the team that dies less has performed better and should do better as a result.

I ask you this:
what is the point of a game where the team that performs better gains no advantage?

what is the point of a game that lets the other team respawn and pick you off before you get a chance to recharge your shield?

what you're suggesting is a game where everybody spawns and runs aimlessly to the hill. i like playing against people like you as you're easy as hell to kill because you just run at the hill dont even shoot back

if you want a playlist that doesn't take any skill to play you're in the wrong place. go away and complain about regicide ffa or something
123Next >»24 Pages