Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
This was just posted in this thread:

bs angel;2271641 wrote:

We are currently investigating the feasibility of continuing to support Halo 2 PC servers. We'll provide an update once we know more but in the meantime, we have extended support of Halo 2 PC through June 2013.

Looks like the servers will be up for at least another few months! Get out there and enjoy them :)
If so this is awesome. I don't have 2PC, but I'd like for others to be able to continue to play it.
YESSSS! My old copy didn't work so now I have time to find a new copy and experience what is said to be 'the greatest online multiplayer ever'.
As the anoucer dude says "over time!"
IM. SO. FLIPPIN. DIPPIN. HAPPY. DUDE. OMGWTFBBQGDGISGLYFSVFD
Yes! Yes, yes! I was so worried I wouldn't get Decorated Soldier on time :D
kunai9190;2272920 wrote:
As the anoucer dude says "over time!"

I prefer "Sudden Death!" you know, like he said for the prior decade.
jackboyboy;2272409 wrote:
YESSSS! My old copy didn't work so now I have time to find a new copy and experience what is said to be 'the greatest online multiplayer ever'.

H2V was a million times worse than H2X, but that's still better than any other Halo game.
I know I've worked hard petitioning as well as recently 100%ing the game. This is so great to hear (It was really depressing me for the past week). I'd be great if MS could have Gamespy host Halo 2 like it does with CE, or the whatnot.
Faroe BrooooN E;2274544 wrote:
jackboyboy;2272409 wrote:

H2V was a million times worse than H2X, but that's still better than any other Halo game.

but what about halo 1?
Yay!
Okay, I have to ask. Halo 2 had hardly any people playing and when 343 says they are shutting it down, all of a sudden, people start yoinking saying that its a horrible idea and all of a sudden people are playing again. This community is strange
"C0DA"| イザナギ!.
Yiazmat012;2275562 wrote:
Okay, I have to ask. Halo 2 had hardly any people playing and when 343 says they are shutting it down, all of a sudden, people start yoinking saying that its a horrible idea and all of a sudden people are playing again. This community is strange

Just be happy to know their listening to fan feedback, even though we're pretty irrational ;).
Halo is halo and if 343 shuts halo 2 down they hert the population of all halo games it make guys sad the change is just to much to take when 343 sad they were going to shut it down every one and I do mean ever one herd about it from halo wars all the way to 4,5 and 6 and those guys have to have a time machine
This is new evidence towards a remake. they're keeping it active until JUNE 2013. what's in June? oh yeah, E3. they're keeping it alive until they announce the remake.
DAD THE AWESOME;2284113 wrote:
This is new evidence towards a remake. they're keeping it active until JUNE 2013. what's in June? oh yeah, E3. they're keeping it alive until they announce the remake.

Or they are porting it to steam
or my personal favorite, the petition that got like 10k+ votes to keep online actually made microsoft keep them up
Maybe with the extra server time they can also add Halo 2 PC achievement support on Halo Waypoint.
Mystyrion;2284638 wrote:
DAD THE AWESOME;2284113 wrote:

Or they are porting it to steam
or my personal favorite, the petition that got like 10k+ votes to keep online actually made microsoft keep them up

With Valve making an Official game hub and group for Halo 3 on Steam plus having Halo's 1 - 3 listed on their registry I'm willing to believe Steam support is coming. Even if 343i denies it further.

Only question is if it'll still be GFWL or if it'll be on Steamworks.
Yes! I just bought it, feel free to add me.
Phantomzero17;2288116 wrote:
Only question is if it'll still be GFWL or if it'll be on Steamworks.

I've heard recently that a few Games for Windows LIVE supported games were added to Steam, but they were using Steamworks this time round.

Don't quote me on that though.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
123Next >3 Pages