Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
Greg Bear has spilled some beans on Silentium.

So apparently we're going to be seeing a new cast of characters and someone named Chant To Green is going to play "a pretty major role" at the end of the book.

These are pretty small details but they're rarely dropped. I wonder what Chant will do that's seemingly so important, very much looking forward to seeing how Greg Bear closes the Forerunner Saga.
Hmmm Chant to Green. Greg said there would be multiple narrators as opposed to the usual single one, so maybe the character will be one.

Interesting, though..

On a side note, I totally forgot about Glory! I remember thinking she and Bornstellar would have a thing, and then the story went to Chakas.
I would suggest putting a spoiler tag around your post, just in case.

Anyway, nice find! Can't wait for this book!
Geez, I'm almost as excited for this book as I was for Halo 4. I hope it's nice and long. No homo

"Chant to Green". Sounds interesting. I hope we see Glory and Splendid again. Maybe in the games too...?
Doesn't that sound like an Ancient Human name to anybody?

"Soma the Painter" Is the closest forerunner style to this but it doesn't fit to me.
I MendicantBias;2243954 wrote:

"Soma the Painter" Is the closest forerunner style to this but it doesn't fit to me.

Indeed it dose as soon as i saw it i thought of Master Chief with the green thing.
I really hope this doesn't turn into some crappy thing with one human being the direct ancestor of all the spartans.
I MendicantBias;2243954 wrote:

My immediate thought was Huragok, but I swiftly realised it had nothing in common with their naming conventions.

I reckon it's a Forerunner. Their names are pretty diverse, compare Calyx to Genemender Folder of Fortune - both are Lifeworkers and have totally different 'styles' of names. It seems like the older Forerunners have shorter names/titles (Didact, Librarian, Faber, Confirmer etc) while the younger ones have longer names (BMEL, Splendid Dust of Ancient Suns, Glory of a Far Dawn etc).
Well their names also relate to what they do as per Genemender.

Chant to Green is far too short of a "Full name" for a forerunner and includes no indication as to what the forerunner does.

It could very well be a abbreviated human name.
I MendicantBias;2244043 wrote:
Well their names also relate to what they do as per Genemender.

Chant to Green is far too short of a "Full name" for a forerunner and includes no indication as to what the forerunner does.

It could very well be a abbreviated human name.

It sounds somewhat Lifeworker-y to me. 'Chant' could possibly refer to a geas, or 'genesong', while 'to Green' could refer to John being the "culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning".

That's a very abstract interpretation though with almost no evidence to go off, so I'm not going to put any stock in it.
Should be good, although I prefer the K5 trilogy. I'm looking forward to seeing what present day anchor he'll use this time, hopefully shedding some light on Halo 5.
HLG SPECTRE;2244086 wrote:
Should be good, although I prefer the K5 trilogy. I'm looking forward to seeing what present day anchor he'll use this time, hopefully shedding some light on Halo 5.

Forerunner Saga is the best thing to happen to this series IMO, I am enjoying K5 though - THursday War a lot more than Glasslands.

Hopefully more light is shed on the Precursors, what with the description saying we'll be looking back 10 million years.
| Curious indeed...
There are so many possibilities with this character.
He's obviously Human/Forerunner in nature,
but his emphasized importance truly intrigues me.

Seeing as it's near the end of the novel....
It could be he enters a "First Contact" scenario with the Precursors,
or perhaps one of the key people to activate the Array.
So many things to ponder now.

Thank you for this information. |

/Tuo Silens Mors

/Semper Vigilans
Maybe his full name is, I chant to green day?
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
So ready for this book. I love the forerunner series. Just preordered my book today.
Wake me, when you need me
Forum Ranking | Member Ranks
erickyboo;2244429 wrote:
Maybe his full name is, I chant to green day?

stop.
Just had an idea:
What if it's a Monitor? There's supposed to be a number, yes, but Greg could have excluded that to keep the mystery.

Now which monitor was in part of the fiction that was supposed to have ties to the new story and planted seeds? The Truth and Reconciliation Terminal's Monitor from CEA. The one Spark was confused about. That seed has yet to be filled, and it may be in Silentium.

The name has the adjectives used to Forerunner names, but not as exuberant or the qualification for a Forerunner name.

What do you guys think?
I was under the impression that the AI in CEA's third Terminal was one of the distorted human ones captured by the Covenant, like the one in First Strike that proves to be more than a match for Cortana.
I'm actually the person who asked that question to Greg Bear, and I want to thank you, ajw34307 for posting this up, as I agree that this is very cool. :)

Anyways, I don't know if we'll see Splendid Dust, Glory, and the Librarian's Ancilla again now judging by what Greg Bear said with their being a new cast of characters, including Chant to Green, but perhaps they will be in it along side these new characters. I guess we'll see in about 7 weeks from now(6 if you don't count this week). :)
Don't really have enough to go on. If this has done anything it has made me want Silentium even more. Though I don't envy Bear the task of tying together all the twists that H4 brought into the mix (angry ur didact, seeming negligence of the H3 terminals, etc).
123Next >3 Pages