Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
While many people had all these crazy ideas on the harvest these concept art images do indeed show that it is a covenant creation. The reasoning for it's odd looks is due to it being covered in rock and rust which hides it's true design.

Here you go

It does indeed look more bug like at the same time the legs clearly look like the scarab's, which is what i originally pointed out. Anyway,we now know it isn't anything other than the covenant so please spread this around.
Pretty cool. Can't wait to blow it up for good.
Since this does, indeed, confirm it is Covie-owned, I'm just going to say the inside is just Forerunner adopted.

Really nice find!
It does look Promethean just by looking at it but it is Covenant owned.
How does the harvester dig effectively? Or does it have some other purpose?
Am I the only guy that thinks that the Harvester looks like a mix of the Collectors from Mass Effect and the Brain Bug from Starship Troopers?
s452;2241864 wrote:
Am I the only guy that thinks that the Harvester looks like a mix of the Collectors from Mass Effect and the Brain Bug from Starship Troopers?

YES!!
Definitely agree on how much the main structure looks like the main torso structure of the Promethean Knights. Very cool to see it in one complete piece. I still think that there is more to come from this though...

Grim
Nice find! Wonder why they made it look so bizarre and mysterious-looking, then.
Well it is supposebly mostly used by the Covenant Drone species, and implements a bit of Forerunner technology into its design. It can be used for both deep Mining, and Refueling Covenant Ships.

It is like a large insect in design and acts like a hive for the Drone species, which would explain its unique aesthetic's and somewhat organic appearance.

In other words, the Scarab will not look this once it is seen again, it just seems they used the insect appearance to relate it more to the Drones.

The sharp clawed like legs are designed to mine deep into the earth, and it has a tread like design to them as well in some parts to help with this.
SilentRaine;2242295 wrote:
Well it is supposebly mostly used by the Covenant Drone species, and implements a bit of Forerunner technology into its design. It can be used for both deep Mining, and Refueling Covenant Ships.

Actually it is not connected to the Drones at all. That was called a Beacon and was a symmetrical vacuum of doom. And it was only associated with drones because it was a penal colony, not a hive. The Harvester is completely new, and not associated with anything.
I am quite sure it is used by the Drones as a Hive and as a troop transport by other Covenant species. It is clearly connected to the Covenant in many ways and has appeared before its use on Requiem in the Extended Universe.

Its a Excavator and Mining Platform type of vehicle that seems to be deployed in search of fuel and artifacts most commonly.
Hope we'll be fighting them in halo 5
Octavian146;2242353 wrote:

Actually it is not connected to the Drones at all. That was called a Beacon and was a symmetrical vacuum of doom. And it was only associated with drones because it was a penal colony, not a hive. The Harvester is completely new, and not associated with anything.

The beacon and Harvester are both human dubbed names no covenant name has been stated for them.
I found and posted this four days ago, didn't realise everyone was still debating it's Covie origin.
It is most definitely intended to be Covenant in origin
Wryteous;2242602 wrote:
I found and posted this four days ago, didn't realise everyone was still debating it's Covie origin.
It is most definitely intended to be Covenant in origin

I know and i gave you credit in the other thread, i just posted it because it was overlooked.
To me, it kind of looks like this.
the pics aren't loading for me...can anyone post it too screen cap it?
I MendicantBias;2242571 wrote:
Octavian146;2242353 wrote:

The beacon and Harvester are both human dubbed names no covenant name has been stated for them.

You miss my point though. You keep associating the Harvester with Drones and the Beacon and there is no evidence to support that claim as they are radically different things.
I think you are the one that is confused because i didn't say anything about the drones, i just re-read the thread.
12Next >2 Pages