Notification

Icon
Error

GameSpot - Spartan Ops and the Future of Halo's Episodic Content

From GameSpot:

GameSpot discusses how 343 Industries charted a new course for the Halo universe.

Click here to watch the video
I would have really liked to know why there are no standard defeat conditions or encounter scaling relative to player count...
The work that is going into Spartan Ops is definitely paying off IMO. That was a great BTS video as well and I was jazzed to see my feedback show up at 15:36. I was just as jazzed to see that one of the levels from Campaign had been turned into a night map for Spartan Ops. The first half of Spartan Ops did start off a little rocky for understandable reasons as it was trying to find its groove but if the second half is any indication, a Spartan Ops Season 2 would be absolutely fantastic.
I notice that in several parts of the "rough build" footage, we can clearly see grunt heads explode into confetti.
I infer from this that spartan ops, at some stage in development, supported skulls. true or false? if true why would you cut it?
Originally Posted by: Nihilus Shadow Go to Quoted Post
The work that is going into Spartan Ops is definitely paying off IMO. That was a great BTS video as well and I was jazzed to see my feedback show up at 15:36. I was just as jazzed to see that one of the levels from Campaign had been turned into a night map for Spartan Ops. The first half of Spartan Ops did start off a little rocky for understandable reasons as it was trying to find its groove but if the second half is any indication, a Spartan Ops Season 2 would be absolutely fantastic.

Well said. And pretty cool cool you were in that video!
With spartan Ops adding new content this makes me wonder if it would be possible to add new armors over Via live or other content as a whole; Such as Skulls,enemies,weapons,etc.