Spartan Ops Update
  • Fiction summary of Spartan Ops Episode 6
  • New Spartan Ops Episode 8 screenshot

A Grifball Interview with Burnie Burns
In-Game Halo 4 File Share Update
Halo 4 GonD Release Date

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Great bulletin. I was wondering if it would be possible if the multiplayer teams could release versions of the current gametypes (slayer, oddball, grifball, etc.) that have sprint turned. Then the gametypes could be put on a fileshare for the community to download as they wish. I personally do not know if this is technically improbable or impossible but I do know that there is a significant portion of the community that would appreciate it. Thank you, BS.
An overall good report from 343i. I've been very happy with the increase in communication during the past couple of weeks. But I am a little concerned about the Doubles Pro playlist. Two ideas to help improve are:

-Can we have a single-weapon spawn system instead of a class-based system? Like a gamemode where everyone spawns with a BR or DMR or Carbine? That will make the playlist, which is meant to be competitive, the most balanced IMO.
-Dexterity should be replaced by Explosives, which balances explosives a bit more if you believe what MLG says.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't look at the classes closely enough in the OP. Yay, no armour abilities!

And overall, will we see a continuing trend of a "Pro" playlist like this one and an Infinity playlist split? I mean, are there plans to create more "Pro" playlists beyond Slayer and Doubles?
Thanks
Ah, the reply button is hiding in the menu.

Anyway, yay new bulletin! Great like always. :)
Awesome bulletin! Can't wait for Team Doubles.
Thank you for a timely bulletin. Care to answer any of the following?

1. Are we going to see the return of assault or one sided objective game types?
So many maps would play better or add more variety and voting options with the inclusion of 1 flag or 1 bomb.

2A. What occurred to the Halo 3/Reach engine going into Halo 4?
I understand graphics overhaul and resources balancing as well as theatre thus having issues etc. However in terms of the studio engine decisions what happened to features like in game rank, assault game types, fileshare and all that. Why so much change to the engine when it's most likely the last Halo game on the xbox 360?

2B. Did you rework the engine/studio getting ready for your own systems and next generation or was the engine altered so much just for Halo 4?
So hyped for doubles! Do you know if they tweaked the o. drops to be a little more balanced? Since getting something linke the inc. cannon would be devastating and unfair for the other team.
SM0CS;2231603 wrote:
And overall, will we see a continuing trend of a "Pro" playlist like this one and an Infinity playlist split? I mean, are there plans to create more "Pro" playlists beyond Slayer and Doubles?
Thanks

I think you just might be interested in this portion of the Bulletin:

Quote:
One more thing: Last week we announced that we’re hard at work on a unique playlist for the competitive community, and we’ve decided on a name: Team Throwdown. We are still nailing down the specifics, but the playlist will feature multiple variations of settings in the voting options, and we are releasing it ahead of CSR so that we have time to collect feedback and tweak settings as necessary. We look forward to releasing this playlist and hearing your feedback.
I just saw the bulletin and I am going to read it NOW!

Edit: ...
Are there any forge updates planned in the near future to add the fine editing tools??
Awesome bulletin! Thanks for all the information, really happy to see a lot of questions answered. One question though, when can we expect more info on the TU or Majestic Map Pack :)??
unn0ticed;2231651 wrote:
Are there any forge updates planned in the near future to add the fine editing tools??

Unfortunately not.
bs angel;2231636 wrote:
SM0CS;2231603 wrote:
Thanks

I think you just might be interested in this portion of the Bulletin:

Quote:
One more thing: Last week we announced that we’re hard at work on a unique playlist for the competitive community, and we’ve decided on a name: Team Throwdown. We are still nailing down the specifics, but the playlist will feature multiple variations of settings in the voting options, and we are releasing it ahead of CSR so that we have time to collect feedback and tweak settings as necessary. We look forward to releasing this playlist and hearing your feedback.

Yeah, I saw that. The competitive playlist was what I meant by Slayer Pro. I was wondering if we'd be able to expect more "competitive" playlists, like Oddball Pro or CTF Pro or even (dare I say it) a Rumble Pit Pro? Or are there going to be multiple gametypes in Team Throwdown?

And why has Grif become yellow? It's not a big deal, just something I noticed in Grifball
Persico12;2231655 wrote:
Awesome bulletin! Thanks for all the information, really happy to see a lot of questions answered. One question though, when can we expect more info on the TU or Majestic Map Pack :)??

TU - A high level overview mid-February, with a detailed change list upon release.
Majestic Map Pack - Approximately one week before release (late February).
Great bulletin! Really looking forward to some double team.

Will the Doubles Pro gametype have on-map ordnance drops on timers?
I'm excited for CTF Doubles and Infinity CTF.

I loves me Objective gametypes.
bs angel;2231656 wrote:
unn0ticed;2231651 wrote:

Unfortunately not.

Okay.........Thank you for your time.....
Jeff McRae;2231694 wrote:
I'm excited for CTF Doubles and Infinity CTF.

I loves me Objective gametypes.

I love objective too, it's the best part of Halo for me.

I'm guessing the 1 sided and assault game types have been removed from the new engine and those scripts just don't work any more. I'd really like to know if these are ever going to be a part of Halo 4?
Any idea when you will have the settings finalized for team throwdown. I really want to see the settings for that playlist.

Also ive asked this before but I never really got an answer. In regards to the csr I know you do not want to put it in game. But did you ever think of putting it in the spartan profile, the place were you can see k/d and other stats. Its not right in peoples faces and still fairly easily accessible for those that do care. I know its hard to believe but not all of us have a smartglass device or a computer near the xbox :).

Also one last thing, is there any chance that the tu will remove the green filter on the flood in mm and custom games. Its a small thing yes but due to that filter i cant play that gametype, leads to me getting headaches for w/e reason.
123Next >»8 Pages