Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
Calling all Grifballers!

On Monday, we’ll be premiering the Grifball playlist. We’re super excited about it, and wanted to share some of the details with you. We’ve created two different gametypes to tickle your fancy: Grifball and Grifball Pro. Here is a simple breakdown:

Grifball
Single 12 Minute Round. First to 5 Scores Wins. Auto Pickup Enabled.

Grifball Pro
Five 3 Minute Rounds. Auto Pickup Disabled.

We're proud to offer 6 different courts at playlist launch - all of the below creations were authored by runNOKYARDrun, and each will be featured in both Grifball and Grifball Pro voting options.

Primordial
A sign at the door reads: "When you are done playing Grifball please use the provided space mop to clean any spilled blood. The Eggheads do not want Human DNA in the Primordial Goo Mixing Tank".

Thin Ice
Although the court may seem dark at first glance it has quickly become a favorite among Grifball League players due to the startlingly bright visibility of enemy Spartans.

Sarge's Laboratory
This court, set in the Grifball Court area of Erosion, features Hockey style boards and something players will never see. In order to counter a glitch where the ball may become stuck in the ceiling the entire upper portion of the court is covered with invisible 4x4 Blocks and Coliseum Walls.

Grifball Fissure
Set in the picturesque Ravine, this court is one part UNSC, one part Forerunner, and features an invisible soft ceiling to keep the ball inside the court.

Termiterium
Set in a reclaimed Termite Mound Structure this court plays with Forge's lighting system to provide a low light zone where players stand out like radioactive termites.

Hangar 101
The Admiral's private hangar features holographic lettering and a fully functional force field. The court shares several features with Halo Reach's Grifball court Brightside. It is positioned to incorporate a natural rock wall, and the entire court is constructed at a 35 degree angle.

For the full details of each vaiant and images of the maps, check out this article:

Grifball Playlist Details

See you on the court!
I will be checking it out tomorrow for sure. See how this Grifball stacks up.
AWESOME!!! can't wait to play it!
I'm so giddy after reading this, I want to play it NOW!!! A pity there are no more weapon sprees. It's also a pity my brother won't be playing this with me. Being completely obsessed with retaining a high kill/death ratio he has resigned himself to playing only the most boring playlists and playstyles possible. Quite a waste of time if you ask me.

Terminterium sounds really cool, I can't wait to try it out!
Can't wait! I think I'll probably end up liking Pro more, but we'll see.

Also, why does this thread not have the 343 symbol under it like other threads by MM Systems Team?
CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS!!

Also hoping for some modification of grifball to be added in the long term that features unlimited jet packing or super thrusters! It was awesome playing quidditch in Reach! :)
Grifball is online right now.
Darn, no Sticky Girfball.
Thanks MM team it is great so far!! One request is that the Griff dies as he/she should
'Monday' means 5pm for me.....

YEAHHHHHH~
Its good, but instant spawn needs to be disabled for the playlist as well as rounds implemented into both of the variants. Just my opinion.
Monday? I played it a few hours ago on matchmaking.
It's out early. :)
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
@misplacedyank
KrazyDan26;2220076 wrote:
I'm so giddy after reading this, I want to play it NOW!!!

Good news. It (accidentally) went live early, so you can play it now! #oops
Clearly 2 Boss;2220287 wrote:
CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS!!

Also hoping for some modification of grifball to be added in the long term that features unlimited jet packing or super thrusters! It was awesome playing quidditch in Reach! :)

Coming soon to a playlist near you.
If you're under 18, don't look up on the 'Termiterium' map. It kinda looks like a vajayjay.
Definitely miss seeing the score at the bottom of the screen at all times.
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
@misplacedyank
I liked Pro much better

Also im not sure if there's health/shield
Jus finished playing grifball for like 4 hours straight with 2 friends. I'm hooked
Finally, I can start working on my Gravity Hammer commendations!
12Next >2 Pages