• Unlocking of 2 new Specializations

General War Games Community Update
  • Expected CSR release date
  • Playlist rotations going forward
  • Future playlists and modes

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins

yay! i love you Jess. :)
Several months away, but how will CSR work in Objective based playlists?
CSR being waypoint only and targeted for April 2013. Does nobody remember what an epic failure BPR was in reach? Why is it so hard to implement this in-game, they're already taking their sweet time anyways.
Glad to see we still can't expect the return of some old gametypes like Assault or more classic features to infection (flood)
if you are going to wait all the way until April for a competitive playlist and ranking system you might as well make it visible on their display gamertag in the lobbies, and you guys need to back Competitive HALO 4 100 % buy sponsoring tournaments,hosting tourneys, and listening to the competitive gaming community
That was a good read :) while I am watching Grifball. Go Snickerdoodle!!!

EDIT: Great game!!! I found something to watch every week :D
SystematicGamer;2206121 wrote:
CSR being waypoint only and targeted for April 2013. Does nobody remember what an epic failure BPR was in reach? Why is it so hard to implement this in-game, they're already taking their sweet time anyways.

I agree entirely no viewable in game ranking will finish off the halo franchise from the competitive side…. look at the numbers 343 sorry they don't lie and you have left your competitive community behind. Its a shame considering how halo became famous due to the multiplayer….."cough cough" halo 1, halo 2 online, halo 3….. but it really disappoints me to see how halo started competitively and where it is going.
This was such a great bulletin. Now I can finally master the Grav Hammer.
Lycan XIII;2206119 wrote:

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but CSR will be calculated the same across all relevant playlists.
Short but match making related.
So wait, does that mean CSR will be visible?

And hey, looks like my thread I posted in the war games feedback section, before the edit and delete is needed no more!

Also, your skill in halo since we first started playing together has improved Jess. You talked about being in college I think and doing less good. But even then, in reach you became better and better. We have yet to play together in halo 4 though!
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
bs angel;2206157 wrote:

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but CSR will be calculated the same across all relevant playlists.

I'm well aware you don't have answers for everybody's questions, but come on. You guys must have already acknowledged you have a population decrease situation going on. The competitive community wants the ranking system visible in-game, not on waypoint where I have to check it after every match, it makes it useless. I want to see who I'm paired up against, etc. etc. And as I said, this game's been out since November, you guys are releasing CSR in April, thats 5-6 months and you're telling us you can't make it appear in-game? please.
bs angel;2206157 wrote:

Does it reward playing the objective, or is it going to be based off of K/D or W/L?
Probably can't answer it right now, but I'd like to know that it isn't just based off one thing.
SystematicGamer;2206163 wrote:
bs angel;2206157 wrote:

I'm well aware you don't have answers for everybody's questions, but come on. You guys must have already acknowledged you have a population decrease situation going on. The competitive community wants the ranking system visible in-game, not on waypoint where I have to check it after every match, it makes it useless. I want to see who I'm paired up against, etc. etc. And as I said, this game's been out since November, you guys are releasing CSR in April, thats 5-6 months and you're telling us you can't make it appear in-game? please.

Not to be rude or any disrespect BS Angel but you see the communities cries for ranking viewable in game. Every forum or poll has shown overwhelming numbers…. I am saying this for 343s future if you don't put in rankings viewable and bring the competitive side back your next halo will only sell maybe half as many copies and you can quote me on that…. sorry but the community has spoken
SystematicGamer;2206121 wrote:

I don't post a lot on these forums, but this is something I agree with strongly. It doesn't make sense to not have it in game. People want instant gratification for how well they play, and yes I understand this is stupid and doesn't prove anything to some people, but in reality Halo 2 and Halo 3 flourished because of it.

343i you guys have a great game but right now you are sitting below CoD MW3 activity!! It's pathetic, and especially something so easy to fix. Add the ranking system in game and you will definitely see a spike in activity.
In regards to Spartan Ops..

You said episode 7 will bring new missions, so does that means new locations? Can we expect this for the other episodes as well?

It would seem that we may be fighting onboard the Infinity come next week.. Which is quite exciting.

This second half-season of Spartan Ops has been incredible. Story flows much better, the cutscenes are getting better. The gameplay is more unique and accesible, and the introduction of new areas has to be the best part.

So to end on...

WHERE IS THE MAJESTIC MAP PACK TRAILER?! :l
It says we'll have a CSR number for each playlist - any chance we will have stats by playlist as well? I really miss being able to view stats for each playlist (rather than just Slayer in total).
Lycan XIII;2206175 wrote:
bs angel;2206157 wrote:

Does it reward playing the objective, or is it going to be based off of K/D or W/L?
Probably can't answer it right now, but I'd like to know that it isn't just based off one thing.

Great question. In general, we attempt to reward playing the objective in Halo 4 more than in previous installments. As far as how CSR plays into that, we will discuss it more in-depth when its launch date gets closer.
rL NoOdLE;2206210 wrote:
WHERE IS THE MAJESTIC MAP PACK TRAILER?! :l

It's sitting comfortably in its late February release spot. I'll tell it you said hello!
Yay this bulletin makes me super excited for the coming weeks. Halo 4 finally got good again (wish this had happened sooner)

A couple of annoyances:
Can't tell if you guys said CSR will be visible in game or not. Can you clarify?
I don't understand why community forge playlist would ever be removed. Seems like one of the few playlists that could stick around forever as maps enter for testing and leave either for official playlists or to die.

Thanks again for the updates. Looking forward to griffball and am now considering getting into spartan ops after gamespots glowing review of the newest episode.
123Next >»17 Pages