Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»7 Pages
Our "Community Forge Test" playlist goes live today. We're incredibly excited about it, and we hope all of you check it out and help us test these maps for potential future Matchmaking inclusion. Below you will find information on how to provide feedback on these maps.

To report a bug (an error, flaw, mistake, or fault in one of the maps), post here:

Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread

For general feedback, please utilize the following threads:

Map: Shutout
Author: Big Papa SaLoT and NlTROOO
Feedback Thread

Map: Despair
Author: SecretSchnitzel
Feedback Thread

Map: Garrotte
Author: MythicFritz
Feedback Thread

Map: Relay
Author: FyreWulff
Feedback Thread

Map: Scythe
Author: PA1NTS
Feedback Thread

Map: Simplex
Author: Big Papa SaLoT
Feedback Thread

The following game types are being offered:

Garrotte - Infinity Slayer
Shutout - Infinity Slayer
Despair - Infinity Slayer
Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Simplex - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

Thanks for playing and providing feedback!

-Matchmaking Systems Team
You need to trade out relay for dispatch... the line of sights are way to long and the map is way to hard to differentiate between sides when your running around. Dispatch adds color to each individual base for call outs and promotes movement with the center tower the way it is(cutting out the lines of sight)

same map but better
CTF should be renamed to differentiate between the Forge Test version, and the standard Halo 4 one.
Twitter: @iWarhead
Protocol dictates action!
will there another forge test? and if there is how would you get your personal map into to the test?
I love this, it's a breath of new fresh air from the same old maps.
I loved every map. Enjoyed weapons on map on a few of them. And one of my favorite things was capture the flag where you can't score unless you have your flag at base. Much more intense matches.

The only problems i had were one, they all looked the same. Colors, and everything. It was like Reach's forge again. And second, the Biggest thing! When playing with a guest it was unbearable. The framerate lag was awful. Never had the lag that bad in any other matchmaking, but in these forge maps it's terrible! Please fix the framerate problems for splitscreen! Heck, even on some of the bigger maps there are framerate problems when playing alone.

FRAMERATE ISSUES! FIX
Oh, also, i love the capture the flag. But I think that maybe the score limit could be lessened. 5 Flag caps seemed like a lot when i played. I felt like it might be better with the original 3 flag cap, or maybe 4.
Original post moved. Not sure if despair works and the jet packs and other vanilla settings take away from the original experience.
Feigned Sanity;2194965 wrote:
I'm am not going to explode with a profane rant on how trying to play this game is like pulling your own teeth, and just as rewarding, no matter how much I'd like to. I respect that everyone has their opinion on every halo game on whether they liked it or not, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. However, the enthusiasm I had for this playlist was instantly crushed a few games in when my least favorite armor ability did what it did best. These small maps are meant to have strategic map movement while watching entry ways and locking down power weapons and enemy spawns. But all that is cast to the wind when anyone can jet pack up to a power weapon, or get the drop on you while you're taking cover to regenerate your shield. Now I blatantly refuse to use this ability, no matter how over powered or broken, because I refuse to stoop to that level. I will not "join them if I can't beat them". Mainly because I've found ways to turn their strengths into weaknesses, and utterly embarrass some people and give them their earned victory crouch. But a whole entire team of jet packers, on a map like simplex capture the flag or despair anything, is just too much.....


Please use paragraphs and I will attempt to read this. I had to cut out your quote because it was so long also lol. Also, from what I glanced over you are ranting about the GAME where this thread is made for the FORGE TEST playlist specifically.

If you would please reformat your blob of information into nice paragraphs and post it in the "Halo 4" section or "Matchmaking" as its own thread I will attempt to read and give you feedback. Thank you
Simplex is fantastic. I haven't played the others yet. It's amazing to see the difference in the game when weapons are actually placed in consistent locations on fairly consistent timers. Makes the game 20 times better.
Feigned Sanity;2194965 wrote:
The main problem with this rushed and unbalanced game, is the god forsaken boltshot and AR. Now I understand the concept of these weapons. They're much like the "noob tube" from call of duty. No matter what you say about them, they are essentially a tool for noobs to stand a chance against veterans. To not get thrown into a game and just get mercilessly slaughtered every time, every game, and just eventually give up on the game altogether. And while that might sound pretty good to some, it turns a great many off. And sure, some will put in the time to be great, to deal with all the beatings (more appropriate term) and disappointment in order to eventually join this elite group. But a lot of people turn on the game just to go a few rounds with friends, share a few laughs, and enjoy a light-hearted experience. To turn on the game and just have some fun (nothing wrong with this). But that's why call of duty needs this "noob tube", because of the random matchmaking. Because someone putting in the disk for the first time, can be pitted against some seasoned vets. But halo is different than call of duty, it always has been....or at least it was(and now we quickly move away from this minefield). This wouldn't be necessary if we had ranks. Where people could be matched up against others of their skill level or even go to a separate section of just social playlists (where have we seen this before?). But lets say the unthinkable happens, and we don't get visible ranks (again). You can still have these weapons. I'm not even going as far as complete removal as others have suggested, just don't make them power weapons. Now what I mean by this, is that you can give "noobs" a handicap, but don't reward them for being less skilled. Let me give you an example, has anyone tried counting kill times between the 3 primary weapons? Lets not even go that far, lets just compare the AR vs the BR. The BR takes roughly 2 seconds to kill, while the AR takes...anyone want to guess?...that's right, 1.5 seconds. Now let me take a second to let this set in. That's right, the AR takes 25% less time to kill somebody than the BR. Now if it takes 5 shots to kill, and 2 seconds to get 5 shots off, how many shots can you get off before he kills you? Let me save you the math, you will die before you get your 4th shot off. Nobody can argue which one takes more skill to use, but really 343i? You're going to reward those that use the weapon that is essentially spray and pray, and punish those that rely on their hard earned skill. That is absolutely madness, how that got through is beyond me. And I'm sure you can say, well yes, the AR should have a faster kill time because you have to be closer for it to be effective. But has anybody noticed the range the AR has. The time still holds up even at a decent mid range. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been about 20-25ft away from my opponent and he kills me before I can get my 5th, and even sometimes 4th, shot off. Not to mention that they're constantly running towards you, making the gap smaller, and smaller. This is just nonsense.

The AR in 4 is the first time that it is a viable option since CE, and you want to nerf it just because you get beat with it while using the BR.
Ok, this is serious. If Forge will be added to matchmaking, 343i should completely redone it's engine. FRAME RATE ISSUES are absolutely unbearable on split screen. 4v4 maps are somewhere between "Complex real bad" to "Shatter unplayable". I don't care if by removing dynamic lighting or adjusting LOD or somehow, I don't want to see any Forge maps in Team Slayer until Forge is fixed. I play mostly on split screen, so if I was forced to play those maps, I would quit playing Halo. I love this game, so please FIX IT.
If you would please reformat your blob of information into nice paragraphs and post it in the "Halo 4" section or "Matchmaking" as its own thread I will attempt to read and give you feedback. Thank you [/quote]

Post it as it's own thread? I guess I'll give it a try. Can't wait for all the hate :)
This post is going elsewhere, but the reason I say it should be nerfed is because it is rewarding a lack of skill. There should be balance. The BR should stand a chance, especially in mid range fights. It needs to be more of a close range weapon, as intended.
Also, i think Guardian, The Pit, and Narrows remakes should be put in. I've seen remakes already made that are really good. While you're at it you should just make a remake playlist and get Ascension and Ivory Tower in there too.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Aside of frame rate issues, what's up with default weapons in ordnance drops? What's the point since everyone can spawn with BR or BS?
BeefEatingRobot;2195207 wrote:
Feigned Sanity;2194965 wrote:
The main problem with this rushed and unbalanced game, is the god forsaken boltshot and AR. Now I understand the concept of these weapons. They're much like the "noob tube" from call of duty. No matter what you say about them, they are essentially a tool for noobs to stand a chance against veterans. To not get thrown into a game and just get mercilessly slaughtered every time, every game, and just eventually give up on the game altogether. And while that might sound pretty good to some, it turns a great many off. And sure, some will put in the time to be great, to deal with all the beatings (more appropriate term) and disappointment in order to eventually join this elite group. But a lot of people turn on the game just to go a few rounds with friends, share a few laughs, and enjoy a light-hearted experience. To turn on the game and just have some fun (nothing wrong with this). But that's why call of duty needs this "noob tube", because of the random matchmaking. Because someone putting in the disk for the first time, can be pitted against some seasoned vets. But halo is different than call of duty, it always has been....or at least it was(and now we quickly move away from this minefield). This wouldn't be necessary if we had ranks. Where people could be matched up against others of their skill level or even go to a separate section of just social playlists (where have we seen this before?). But lets say the unthinkable happens, and we don't get visible ranks (again). You can still have these weapons. I'm not even going as far as complete removal as others have suggested, just don't make them power weapons. Now what I mean by this, is that you can give "noobs" a handicap, but don't reward them for being less skilled. Let me give you an example, has anyone tried counting kill times between the 3 primary weapons? Lets not even go that far, lets just compare the AR vs the BR. The BR takes roughly 2 seconds to kill, while the AR takes...anyone want to guess?...that's right, 1.5 seconds. Now let me take a second to let this set in. That's right, the AR takes 25% less time to kill somebody than the BR. Now if it takes 5 shots to kill, and 2 seconds to get 5 shots off, how many shots can you get off before he kills you? Let me save you the math, you will die before you get your 4th shot off. Nobody can argue which one takes more skill to use, but really 343i? You're going to reward those that use the weapon that is essentially spray and pray, and punish those that rely on their hard earned skill. That is absolutely madness, how that got through is beyond me. And I'm sure you can say, well yes, the AR should have a faster kill time because you have to be closer for it to be effective. But has anybody noticed the range the AR has. The time still holds up even at a decent mid range. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been about 20-25ft away from my opponent and he kills me before I can get my 5th, and even sometimes 4th, shot off. Not to mention that they're constantly running towards you, making the gap smaller, and smaller. This is just nonsense.

The AR in 4 is the first time that it is a viable option since CE, and you want to nerf it just because you get beat with it while using the BR.


I have to disagree with the comment on the assault rifle. As much as everyone hated reach, the assault rifle was balanced in it. Many people would think that it wasnt because when the held down the trigger it did not kill fast, BUT short bursts killed in a little more than a second and a half
Feigned Sanity;2194965 wrote:
You're going to reward those that use the weapon that is essentially spray and pray, and punish those that rely on their hard earned skill....

I think that if I had a BR and my opponent had an AR, I would keep my distance to widen my advantage. Your post never mentions tactics, but blindly assumes no tactics are used at all. No tactics = low skill, not better skill. I can't help but think the balance is in HOW you use the weapon. If you take the position that they should all work the same in CQC, then why have more than one?
I loved all the maps but Garrotte. I don't really know why it just seemed cluttered and confusing.
Because MLG dropped halo I think 343 should make a playlist thats equivalent to the MLG playlist in passed games. Maybe add a ranking like they was in halo 3 to keep the playlist competitive. This playlist could also feature these new maps.
123Next >»7 Pages