Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»8 Pages
This thread is for discussion about the newly introduced Forge map, Simplex, by SaLoT. If you have played this map in Matchmaking or played the original in custom games for which it is intended (Slayer or Capture the Flag), please post your feedback here, with as much detail as possible. While everyone is entitled to opinions, we need to understand the reasons behind them in order to be able to address them, so for example:

Bad:
“I don’t like this map.”

Good:
“I don’t like playing SWAT on this map because I feel the map is too congested.”

Your feedback is valuable and will help us implement the necessary changes to the map, as well as improve our selections for future Forge maps that are introduced into Matchmaking. Thank you!

If you found an error, flaw, mistake, or fault in this map, please post about it here:

Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread
File Attachment(s):
jy2SJv4.png (433kb) downloaded 137 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
I've played Simplex in customs and I loved it.

Simplex's good features (in my opinion):

- It's small, making the game fast-paced and it makes the DMR less dominant.

- Despite the above it gives plenty of room for encounters.

- The map is quite open, though because of its small size it is always possible to get to cover in time if you know what you are doing. There are no 'suicide zones' on the map.

- The map has a good flow, which also contributes to the fast pace. All areas are easily accessible from anywhere, except top mid. (see next point)

- Top mid is a clearly defined power position, with view on both bases and basically 50% of the map. This is nerfed by the commited jumps you have to make from bottom mid and how it is fairly open. I like how the commited jumps are rewarded by a good position and how everyone will want to control top mid in team slayer and ctf. Top mid is an advantage, but can be easily countered. It makes the game dynamic.

- All colors are clearly visible. Red, blue, purple, yellow.

- The two heightened bases, the top mid bridge and 'towers' remind me of Halo 2's midship. (and Halo 3's Heretic). And Halo 3's custom forged Amplified. All were excellent maps; it is a tried and true map formula.

Like I said, I love it. I can't wait to play this in matchmaking when I have the time.
Just went 31-8 on Simplex CTF...to be honest though I have played that map since it was brought out lol so I had an advantage :)
JLAxxSPARTAN116;2193991 wrote:
Just went 31-8 on Simplex CTF...to be honest though I have played that map since it was brought out lol so I had an advantage :)

And your trueskill level for the playlist is low when you first play it meaning you will play against noobs.
I suggest that the power weapons be transformed into ordinance drops. It can stay as the exact same setup. It's just that weapons that were placed on the map do NOT show up on the HUD. This is for consistency purposes with the rest of Halo 4 matchmaking more than anything else.
mlp256;2194043 wrote:
I suggest that the power weapons be transformed into ordinance drops. It can stay as the exact same setup. It's just that weapons that were placed on the map do NOT show up on the HUD. This is for consistency purposes with the rest of Halo 4 matchmaking more than anything else.

That would be good except cant control ammo in drops... So no HUD or hella lot of ammo? Decisions decisions.

I enjoyed ctf here. But I don't think 2 weeks is enough time to build adequate true skill to make a good match. But I enjoyed. Crushing the enemy team that refused to quit.

InSlayer... Ordinance. So much ordinance in the end. Otherwise, probably my favorite map. Really done with InSlayer as a gametype.
All maps, and this one , are ok but ! I have FPS problems with all of them :(

FPS drops a lot in battles , is there a way that i can fix this or ? thx!
Simplex as of right now is my favorite forge map...actually my favorite map period.

- Provides very fast paced gameplay with a clear focus on BR/DMR battles and plenty of angles to teamshot with.

- Very balanced

- Railgun and sticky detonator are perfect weapons for this map and provide adequate map control when used properly.

- Overshield is perfect and the location is perfect.

10/10 rating.
This map has been used in the MLGv1 settings, and where i am from (Australia), we had that map in our own leagues settings/maps as well. The map is symmetrical, and a team that can setup strong and use teamwork in aid with callouts, the better team wins. Ive been reading ALOT,a lot of hate for this map, and it seems to be coming from casuals who are being decimated because they arnt good (to put it bluntly). i love simplex, and all my friends and teamates love simplex. it is a good map and is very, very good for competitive play. This is what the competitive community needed
NoniCRO;2194123 wrote:
All maps, and this one , are ok but ! I have FPS problems with all of them :(

FPS drops a lot in battles , is there a way that i can fix this or ? thx!

You sir, are not alone! maps is great and creates hectic action but the "kill cam" suffers low frame rate. Screen makes that stupid judder.

343 please fix it!
Static weapon spawns - check
Balanced Map - check

I love this map, I'm subbed to the THC on Youtube so I've already seen the layout. This is what the competitive community as been asking for.
Pretty damn good

I like this map a lot actually! It played really nicely on slayer and CTF! Theres nothing wrong it it. Keep it coming guys, thesemasare so cool! :)
Love it. I love the Midship, Onslaught feel. MM really needs good maps like this. To bad its in Forge. If 343 was smart the would take this design and make a more stable map out of it.
Its designed for the competitive community.

Clearly it doesnt work for Infinity Slayer. Why design the game around the competitive community, casuals will hate a map like this as it just doesnt appeal. Its an old style Halo map in a new game, it doesnt work.
Awesome map, like to see it played on 2v2 4v4 and MLG
Love this map just like I do shutout. It works great, all weapons serve a pupose on this map without being OP. The spawns are great and its easy to tell where you are.
Great map, really makes fast paced game play a must. Spawns are great at the begining and I enjoy having a map that the benefit is of equal power on. This map and shutout are the best hands down if you were to use them in matchmaking for slayer. CTF Is awesome for simplex as well
FRAME RATE issues makes this map unplayable on splitscreen. Almost as bad as Shatter.
This map is simply amazing
I love it
The new CTF settings are a lot better. Maps are great but the DMR and ordnance ruins them all. 343 NEEDS to go back to classic halo.
123Next >»8 Pages