Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»13 Pages
This thread is for discussion about the newly introduced Forge map, Shutout, a remake of the Halo 2 classic 'Lockout' by SaLoT and NlTROOO. If you have played this map in Matchmaking or played the original in custom games for which it is intended (Slayer or SWAT), please post your feedback here, with as much detail as possible. While everyone is entitled to opinions, we need to understand the reasons behind them in order to be able to address them, so for example:

Bad:
“I don’t like this map.”

Good:
“I don’t like playing SWAT on this map because I feel the map is too congested.”

Your feedback is valuable and will help us implement the necessary changes to the map, as well as improve our selections for future Forge maps that are introduced into Matchmaking. Thank you!

If you found an error, flaw, mistake, or fault in this map, please post about it here:

Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread
File Attachment(s):
qqV9S2D.png (621kb) downloaded 166 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
SWAT isnt great. spawn traps are insanely easy imo
Some of the spawns on this map are a little disorienting. Something to keep in mind is that players immediately run forward off of spawn, so the spawns should be facing major pathways and routes to travel through. Not facing walls and sheer ledges like I've been seeing.
good i love this map im sure kids are going to come here screaming after a good old school lockout beat down but please keep it an do not touch it.
I thought the map played well, there were times where my spawns seemed a little close to the opposing team otherwise the map played great. I did notice a one time glitch where I tried calling in a personal ordinance by Sword/BR Tower Level 1, and the ordinance spawned on the walkway from sword to close to bottom mid in case this happens to anyone else.
Lockout still plays fantastically after all these years. I think it plays better with BRs only, though, because with DMRs some matches tend to become a standoff between the two towers of power. BR starts only reduce the efficiency of crossmapping and it forces players to move around more.

I also really like how all the trickjumps have been preserved perfectly.
Daitor;2193955 wrote:
Lockout still plays fantastically after all these years. I think it plays better with BRs only, though, because with DMRs some matches tend to become a standoff between the two towers of power. BR starts only reduce the efficiency of crossmapping and it forces players to move around more.

I also really like how all the trickjumps have been preserved perfectly.

^^^^ THIS!!!!
I suggest that the power weapons be transformed into ordinance drops. It can stay as the exact same setup. It's just that weapons that were placed on the map do NOT show up on the HUD. This is for consistency purposes with the rest of Halo 4 matchmaking more than anything else.
I agree with mlp256. This map needs to be set up for Infinity Slayer, as well as the others that aren't already. For the sake of consistency, it'll help out A LOT. I was honestly annoyed when I saw weapons just lying around the map, especially loadout weapons that were FIXED against walls >_<
This map is amazing for competitive play. Me and my team have been able to setup, and with Callouts and teamwork we have been shredding teams 600-(50-150) all night. The better team wins, which is how it should be. Also with the constant sniper spawning, it makes competition more fierce, which is what the community needs.
Can we get jumps fixed. The jumo to the second tower by the sword does not work easy. Also spawns in swat need to be fixed i have spawned many times into someones line of sight.
I know this will make me unpopular, but this map is just a camp fest. Sure it may have worked in halo 2-3, but halo 4 breaks this map.

The addition of active camo, DMR and boltshot really change the way it plays. It favors camping tactics rather than aggressive map movement. Moving around results in one of two things: Getting sniped/DMRed by invisible snipers, or getting boltshotted the instant you enter a building.

Having said that, its very well forged and a really faithfull remake. Its just a shame that it isn't really compatible with halo 4 gameplay.

And yes, I agree that weapons on map should be replaced with ordinance of the same type. This is halo 4 and the authors of the various forge maps need to set up the weapons accordingly.
MrSaddo;2194214 wrote:
I know this will make me unpopular, but this map is just a camp fest. Sure it may have worked in halo 2-3, but halo 4 breaks this map.

The addition of active camo, DMR and boltshot really change the way it plays. It favors camping tactics rather than aggressive map movement. Moving around results in one of two things: Getting sniped/DMRed by invisible snipers, or getting boltshotted the instant you enter a building.

Having said that, its very well forged and a really faithfull remake. Its just a shame that it isn't really compatible with halo 4 gameplay.

And yes, I agree that weapons on map should be replaced with ordinance of the same type. This is halo 4 and the authors of the various forge maps need to set up the weapons accordingly.

I have played on this map a couple of times and it hasn't been a camp fest at all. Lockout is one of my favorite maps, and I am really glad that this was added.
MrSaddo;2194214 wrote:

The problem here is that the timer on Initial Weapon Drops is broken. You have to place 1 Initial Drop, and one Random Drop of the same weapon which makes the respawn, well, random.

MLG (RIP) got around this by specifying the Random Drop timer in the game variant on a map by map basis. The problem with this setup is that maps must be paired with custom variants or the map breaks.

The only choices available to forgers at this time is to have random drops with a waypoint, or timed drops without a waypoint. All previous titles have used timed drops so thats the best choice for now.
But why do the forge community think its so important to have timed drops when all of the official maps use random ordnance?
I'm finding AA's in particular Jet Pack far too overbearing on this map.
SWAT is Amazing. It is very classic Halo. This map is very balanced and has a lot of the qualities the community is asking for. I wish this was implemented into the regular SWAT playlist. It also makes me excited to see the other community classic remakes like The Pit remake..
Good map just seems kind of wide. Dmr camping got on my nerves though.
AMAZING!

I love it so much! I played it a few times and EVERYTIME, mwah! I just -Yoinking!- love this map man. It's an awesome remake and it plays so well. The BR plays so good in this map, I killed DMR users like crazy. The 2 guys who made this, I just want to thank yous for this amazing map!

Please 343, allow more people to bring in more classic maps, it's so cool playing remade maps on Halo 4's matchmaking!! :)
This map is a good remake, but it looks out of scale. The gravity lift room is an example of this, it feels really big and wide, compared to lockout which almost felt compact. Looking at FTG Lockout, it seems FTG has a better scale.
123Next >»13 Pages