Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»8 Pages
This thread is for discussion about the newly introduced Forge map, Garrotte, by MythicFritz. If you have played this map in Matchmaking or played the original in custom games for which it is intended (Slayer or Capture The Flag), please post your feedback here, with as much detail as possible. While everyone is entitled to opinions, we need to understand the reasons behind them in order to be able to address them, so for example:

Bad:
“I don’t like this map.”

Good:
“I don’t like playing SWAT on this map because I feel the map is too congested.”

Your feedback is valuable and will help us implement the necessary changes to the map, as well as improve our selections for future Forge maps that are introduced into Matchmaking. Thank you!

If you found an error, flaw, mistake, or fault in this map, please post about it here:

Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread
File Attachment(s):
PlXg3Ks.png (447kb) downloaded 139 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
small but fast paced. there doesnt seem to be a safe spawn. bad spawn trapping may be possible against lower skilled players.

flag plays fast paced. i like the change to the flag returning and has to be at home to score.
The shotgun needs taking out if it will ever be used in competitive
The spawns in this map are pretty bad.

I only played one game and in that 1 game I had enemies spawn directly in my firing line twice, an enemy spawn behind me within melee distance once, I spawned in my enemies firing line twice and I spawned about 10 feet behind the entire enemy team at one point aswell.

Other than that though its pretty good, perhaps a few too many tight corridors and not enough open areas. But in saying that I still really enjoyed playing this map and its very well forged.
Terrible map. I hated it. Way too small and confined. Pair this with the CTF gametype and it's just horrendous.
This is an ideal 2v2 map really. I enjoy 4v4 on it still though. My BR is very strong and these kinda maps get my BR juice going. Constant action. Not many maps are providing such gameplay right now and it was very refreshing to have this kind of map put in the playlist. Spawns probably need to be re-looked. But I never experienced someone shooting at me off spawn yet but I certainly have been shooting people off their spawn. It's all part of the competition though...if you die you gotta fight back to get map control..
I played one game. Me and 3 randoms vs what I assume were 4 other randoms. Within 3 minute they were restricted to spawning in one tiny corner of the map and were getting massacred before they could move. If a bunch of randoms could accidently spawn trap on the first game, i dread to think what a team of bad kids would be capable of.

game: https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/MrSaddo/home/match-625b4bb0221e25c4

But, yeah, I bet this map is really excellent for 2v2, I'm just not sure its large enough to support 8 players.
Thanks so much for the feedback guys!

I knew if this map got put in a 4v4 playlist things would be very fast paced. Ideally, Garrotte plays 2v2s. Save the map and play some custom 2v2 on it and tell me what you think. I'd really appreciate it.

I know it's fast paced so what are some other things you guys are noticing?

HayNe7z, why do you think the shotgun needs to be removed for it to be competitive?

Do you guys feel the center ring is a safe enough route across the map?

Is the base too defendable/too weak?
MrSaddo;2194265 wrote:

But, yeah, I bet this map is really excellent for 2v2, I'm just not sure its large enough to support 8 players.

Please keep in mind a few of the maps in this iteration are candidates for the upcoming Team Doubles playlist.
MythicFritz;2194293 wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback guys!

I knew if this map got put in a 4v4 playlist things would be very fast paced. Ideally, Garrotte plays 2v2s. Save the map and play some custom 2v2 on it and tell me what you think. I'd really appreciate it.

I know it's fast paced so what are some other things you guys are noticing?

HayNe7z, why do you think the shotgun needs to be removed for it to be competitive?

Do you guys feel the center ring is a safe enough route across the map?

Is the base too defendable/too weak?

it is just way too overpowered
I think Its a little to small,and Ctf on that map is way to hard with a map that tiny. also spawning needs a little work,and weapons.
i think it would be best for 2v2 because sprint makes it reeeeealy fast paced, and i just went through matches with people just running around ARing and meleeing. no team work
When playing CTF the pace slows right down to a halt when both teams have the enemy flag at their base, I think this is because of the spawns as I noticed the opposite team just kept respawning in their base making it very difficult for either team to have enough time to return their flag.

Other than that it was very fun.
runNOKYARDrun;2194299 wrote:
MrSaddo;2194265 wrote:

Please keep in mind a few of the maps in this iteration are candidates for the upcoming Team Doubles playlist.

In that case, great map :)
This is a OK map. Somethings need to be fix that other people have been saying. Other then that, I would like to see this map in the 2v2 playlist. Its just something I like about this map
This map played pretty good!

I actually like it for CTF, considering how close quarters it was! I'm really going to be using my assault rifle on this map :) good map forger, and keep me coming 343!
HayNe7z;2194021 wrote:
The shotgun needs taking out if it will ever be used in competitive

This isn't MLG. It's vanilla MM.
Great map, love the fast pace and CQB style. I thought CTF on this map was awesome, because of how intense it was. Did notice some standoffs when both teams had the enemy flag at their base but I didn't think that was a problem.
this map should be played in swat aswell, mmost players favorite swat map is haven and this one is nice and small just like haven

5v5 flag would be immpossible on this map

Infinity slayer worked aswell as it could on this map, but infinity slayer is broken anyway so...

Oddball would work well on this map
Maps are great but the DMR and ordnance ruins them all. 343 NEEDS to go back to classic halo.
123Next >»8 Pages