Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»10 Pages
Good morning/afternoon/evening! In the early AM hours of Monday morning (PT), we'll be launching our brand new "Community Forge Test" playlist. We're incredibly excited about it, and we hope all of you check it out and help us test these maps for potential future Matchmaking inclusion. If you want a sneak peek at what you'll soon be playing, here are the specifics:

Included maps

Map: Shutout
Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT and NlTROOO

Map: Despair
Description: A derelict facility...
Author: SecretSchnitzel

Map: Garrotte
Description: Better play it straight.
Author: MythicFritz

Map: Relay
Description: As is, in-game.
Author: FyreWulff

Map: Scythe
Description: A community made forge map by PA1NTS.
Author: PA1NTS

Map: Simplex
Description: A community made, arena style map by Big Papa SaLoT.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

And how they’re being used in the new hopper:

Garrotte - Infinity Slayer
Shutout - Infinity Slayer
Despair - Infinity Slayer
Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Simplex - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

The Matchmaking Systems Team will be setting up individual feedback threads for each map shortly (screenshots will be included in those). Additionally, there is a bug reporting thread for your perusal as well.

If you have any questions about the new playlist, go ahead and ask 'em. Otherwise, see you tomorrow on the virtual Forge battlefields!
Is there any plans to test BTB maps in this playlist in the future?
Nice, I'd love to download these to check them out in advance. Too bad I have a night shift ahead of me... Oh well.

Edit: Hmmm... Typing fail.
Awesome cant wait , and i disagree there i think we have enough BTB Maps at the moment.
I'm telling you right now, custom loadouts and small maps won't work well together. You should be using Slayer pro settings on these maps.

Forge test playlist will be dead by the end of the week in all likelihood once people are bored of the new maps and sick of the unbalance created by custom loadouts.
Plunderfull;2191834 wrote:

Our plan is to utilize this playlist as needed, for both map and game type testing. This version will probably be live for two weeks. As far as when it will come back, that isn't set in stone and will be dependent upon hoppers we'd like to build in the future.
ZeroMike;2191842 wrote:
Nice, I'd love to download these to check them out in advance. Too bad I have a bad I have a night shift ahead of me... Oh well.

Just be aware that the version in the author's File Share may not be the same version being used in the playlist.
simplex ? thats gona be sick
If you're going to test game settings/types as well, can you test some BTB objective and MLG v1 settings?

Some doubles? maybe more Extraction!
Awesome!!!!
THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME , I GOT A SNOW DAY OFF SCHOOL TOMORROW CANT WAIT
hey bs angel how does one get their content shown for future hoppers? i noticed one author has 2 maps going in the first hopper (Hardly think thats fair however i know its not your fault) just for future hoppers how does one get their maps in rotation
Why would you use infinity slayer settings for small maps..... That just boggles my mind. Small maps are meant for balanced gameplay. Custom loadouts instant spawns, sprint, aa's. None of these will work on small maps, well looks like yet another playlist that will be dead shortly after its put in.

Is there any plans to make these play with a classic gametype setting or any playlists at all play with classic.
lordcrusnik1986;2191895 wrote:
hey bs angel how does one get their content shown for future hoppers? i noticed one author has 2 maps going in the first hopper (Hardly think thats fair however i know its not your fault) just for future hoppers how does one get their maps in rotation

if you're talking about salot, its because he actually makes really good competitive maps and has a good reputation. so i think its fair.
bs angel;2191864 wrote:
Plunderfull;2191834 wrote:

Our plan is to utilize this playlist as needed, for both map and game type testing. This version will probably be live for two weeks. As far as when it will come back, that isn't set in stone and will be dependent upon hoppers we'd like to build in the future.

Please answer his question. Are you going to have two playlists on Monday. BTB playlist and a 4v4 playlist. If not, I can wait if needed.
Are these 4v4 only, or is CTF/KOTH going to be played 5v5?
lordcrusnik1986;2191895 wrote:

We worked with the Community Cartographers to select these maps. We'll be starting a thread for them (goal is before February 1) so people can easily share their creations for potential future inclusion.
MrGreenWithAGun;2191943 wrote:
Are these 4v4 only, or is CTF/KOTH going to be played 5v5?

4v4 only.
@BS Angel Will any of the DLC Maps be made into forge community maps in the future whether they be current DLC or upcoming and will you ever consider remaking classic halo maps like the pit for the forge playlist??
Steveokiller;2191915 wrote:
Why would you use infinity slayer settings for small maps..... That just boggles my mind. Small maps are meant for balanced gameplay. Custom loadouts instant spawns, sprint, aa's. None of these will work on small maps, well looks like yet another playlist that will be dead shortly after its put in.

Community Forge Test playlist.

Community Forge TEST playlist.

Community Forge TEST playlist.

(If I could put bright, flashing lights around the "Test" part, I would.)
123Next >»10 Pages