Notification

Icon
Error

Lockout Remake - A Halo 4 Custom Map

From LayedBackGaming:

This is a remake of the Halo 2 classic map Lockout, by Big Papa SaLoT. In terms of scale, it is almost 100% accurate. It is an amazing remake, and I strongly recommend downloading it and checking it out!

How to download:
1. Go to the Infinity menu on Halo 4
2. Click "Start" and go to "Settings & Files"
3. Go to "File Browser" then "Map Variants"
4. Go to "File Share Search" and type in "Big Papa SaLoT"
5. Download and have fun!!

Click here to watch the video
No offense and I appreciate the map being made. But those indoor rooms are huge and not really a 100% remake. The large platform in the middle is also extremely large. I would actually judge this at an 80% for accuracy. I've seen better remakes out there for this map.
We need more maps like this masterpiece.
I've already played on that remake and it is pretty good with a few issues. Weapons were on the map and that can mess up a gametype if you haven't excluded weapon pickup.

Some jumps were a little difficult compared to the original. Maybe the map is meant for increased jump height? The jump to Snipe from the dance floor seemed nearly impossible. The jump across to BR1 was too much like Halo 2 and falling is frustrating. The pathway from under the dance floor to Sword doesn't seem to jut out enough. It's difficult to jump down to.

I hope I haven't misrepresented the map because maybe is's been upgraded from what I used.

It's a great friend gathering map in preparation for a night of customs.

So when certain forge maps are added into the public hopper this will be one right?

Are community maps going to have a presence like they did in Reach?
TheSchnitzelMan;2180624 wrote:
No offense and I appreciate the map being made. But those indoor rooms are huge and not really a 100% remake. The large platform in the middle is also extremely large. I would actually judge this at an 80% for accuracy. I've seen better remakes out there for this map.

You're right, it's not an exact remake, but I'm pretty sure he accounted for sprint when he made this. With sprint ruining how old maps play, you have to make things a bit larger.
This map is actually a co-forge from both Salot and N1TRO.
Yeah this map was intended to support halo 4's core mechanics including sprint, so this map didn't even intend to be 100% (or almost) to the original.

And it's true, N1TRO took part in forging this as well.
Definitely enjoyed oddball games on this! One of my fav remakes of Lockout I've seen.

There's been a little administrative error. Someone please fix the details for this map. No credit has been given to NITRO, SaLoT's counterpart on this project.
I got a better remake of lockout (made by Respect the Hat) on my file share
Again thanks for the feature, but the video is from a old version. Also Nitrooo Co forge this with me. And he should get as much credit as i do. But again thanks for the feature none the less.
:) this Guy
I've never been a big fan of that map except for SWAT and living dead but that is a spectacular recreation!! Fantastic work!