Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»13 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 1.9.13

Included topics:

• A note from Frank
  • A look at early 2013 (including information about the 1.21 Matchmaking update, 1.28 Matchmaking update, 2.4 Matchmaking update, general release timeframe of the next TU, and more)

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Thank you for a great bulletin!
I have a question.
will community maps be in the forge test list (name to be determined) such as those from forge communities such as forge cafe and forge hub etc.?
Yeah, I hope we get some community infection maps and gametypes!

Speaking of gametypes... What's happening with the default ones? We want more customizability!

(did you like my sweat transition? :P)
Looking forward to Doubles and FFA. The forge list should be fun too!
I would love to give you guys a standing ovation, but I don't want to look like an idiot standing in front of my computer praising it with applause. I am very proud of you guys and have much respect for all of you at 343 for admitting your missteps. That is very mature of you and I don't see that often with developers, you all have my fullest respect. Thank you for a great game. (Cant wait for grifball!)
This is a step in the right direction. Keep it going 343, you're talking the talk, now walk the walk. (And while you're walking, give us a BTB objective playlist please!)
X51000;2152789 wrote:
Thank you for a great bulletin!
I have a question.
will community maps be in the forge test list (name to be determined) such as those from forge communities such as forge cafe and forge hub etc.?

Yes. We are working with the Community Cartographers to select the maps that will appear first in the test playlist and then general Matchmaking.
Hm rotational playlists for doubles and grifball! I'm guessing that there will be people asking for them to be permanent. Be ready! I like the Frankie text.
Yay that it's back!

I know Vic Deleon will be happy to play grifball in matchmaking.

Do you have a limited amount of playlist hoppers? If so, how many?

Also, I already read that silentium thing. [:p]
I can't wait!!!!
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
No comments about supporting File Shares online? It's really killing the Forge and Custom Community since we have to jump through so many hoops just to download a map.
Master Marix;2152804 wrote:
I would love to give you guys a standing ovation, but I don't want to look like an idiot standing in front of my computer praising it with applause. I am very proud of you guys and have much respect for all of you at 343 for admitting your missteps. That is very mature of you and I don't see that often with developers, you all have my fullest respect. Thank you for a great game. (Cant wait for grifball!)

We were blessed with inheriting an incredibly community, and we recognize we haven't always made the right choices. We're dedicated to learning from our mistakes and providing the best experience possible, both in and out of game, and we'll continue working on doing both things. :)
I have to press Quote or Reply on someone else's post to be able to post. Someone might want to look into that.

Anyways, great Bulletin! 1/21 Forge maps! 1/28 GRIFBALL!!!!!
erickyboo;2152832 wrote:
Hm rotational playlists for doubles and grifball! I'm guessing that there will be people asking for them to be permanent. Be ready! I like the Frankie text.
Yay that it's back!

Our optimal number of playlists is ten. That doesn't mean there will always be that number, but it does mean that's what we consider most advantageous at this point in time.

As far as the upcoming rotational playlists go, how long they stick around will be determined by the population they sustain. And that goes for the majority of rotational (and even regular) playlists as well.
Please bring Slayer pro back!!!! I'm tired of all the bs in infinity slayer. Also, snipers, FFA, and doubles rotational? Seriously? That makes no sense at all those are the top 3 playlists people are wanting from what i've seen. Why not make them permanent and take some of the other playlists out?? Also, just add all objectives into one playlist. That would make sooo m uch more sense and make finding a game much easier with a 5 man team. Stoked for the TU though.
Noooooch;2152844 wrote:
No comments about supporting File Shares online? It's really killing the Forge and Custom Community since we have to jump through so many hoops just to download a map.

I won't sugarcoat this; I know it absolutely sucks that this feature still isn't ready to go. Once we have a firm grasp on the expected release date, we'll share it with you. As of right now, it's not looking like it's going to hit in January. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd rather be honest than not. :/
Please share some details on the TU next time so we can make up our mind whether to hang in a while longer or not..
Veive257;2152900 wrote:
Please share some details on the TU next time so we can make up our mind whether to hang in a while longer or not..

BS Angel has already said they wont release any TU info until it's already out. Looks like you're waiting til February :/
bs angel;2152866 wrote:
erickyboo;2152832 wrote:
Yay that it's back!

Our optimal number of playlists is ten. That doesn't mean there will always be that number, but it does mean that's what we consider most advantageous at this point in time.

As far as the upcoming rotational playlists go, how long they stick around will be determined by the population they sustain. And that goes for the majority of rotational (and even regular) playlists as well.

I'm not really sure I understand. How is 10 playlists "advantageous"? Things like Team Snipers, Team Doubles, FFA, and BTB with slayer AND objective gametypes were all staples in past Halo games, yet now they are only offered as rotational playlists? As a student who is pretty busy most of the time, but is lucky enough to have a half hour or so to play every now or again, it's pretty disheartening to not even see my favorite gametypes as a possibility in matchmaking most of the time.

*Small edit
Oo, so there is an optimal number, interesting.

I'm guessing grifball might be sticking for a while then.

People say you guys don't listen, but this bulletin proves otherwise so I hope those complaints quiet down.

I can't wait for spartan ops episod 6!!
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Specializations unlocked?! YAHOO!
Wake me, when you need me
Forum Ranking | Member Ranks
ADVENT FAITH;2152904 wrote:
Veive257;2152900 wrote:

BS Angel has already said they wont release any TU info until it's already out. Looks like you're waiting til February :/

Well, if you read the bulletin, the information flow may be improving.. or at least they realize it has been lacking.
123Next >»13 Pages