Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»7 Pages
As many of you know, we publish weekly newsletters that include various bits of news and information (you can see the complete archive here). If you have a particular subject you'd like us to dive into (I.E. the scoring system for Halo 4, the bulletology of a particular weapon, etc.), suggest it here. Please know in advance we can't tackle every topic, but we will continue trying to cover as much as humanly possible, as often as possible.

Now, suggest away!
How about a topic on Custom games? There's a pretty large thread going about the lack of custom game options. Perhaps, either an interview explaining why certain features weren't added, will be added, never to be added, etc.

I think that would be helpful to the community.

The campaign is aces all the way and I really appreciate all the hardwork that goes into making the game.

I understand portions of the team are working on DLC, title updates, and other things most likely in preparation for E3. However, some acknowledgement or indication of future custom option enhancements would be great. Likewise, if there is no future custom option enhancements, then that's fine too. It is what it is. Either way, I think it would make a great topic.

Best regards
I could only think of these Bs Angel.... but here they are.

This has been addressed Mind you the fileshare is still missing the download count not allowing developers to know how many have downloaded is a huge blow!

How about provide us some info on why the file share system is utterly broken and when it is going to be fixed in game and on the web?

Hasn't been discussed. Still wondering why Certain affinity is getting outsourced.
How about a topic on why you guys did not create forge and why certain affinity did and why you out sourced to them?

Its about time. Hopefully you listened to me and are adding every single item from all 3 current maps into the one map and also there is water to use with no kill boundaries!
How about a topic on when your going to add a forge world style map that includes all the special pieces from all 3 of the maps plus all the original pieces plus what ever else new you might throw in if anything in one giant size map without kill boundaries and that allows us to use the water and terrain of the map.

Addressed but still hasn't been balanced. Sigh!
How about a topic on why certain weapons in game like the Boltshot is so powerful and ridiculously over powered and what you guys are doing to balance the game weapons out?

The season was great still wating on the next season.....
How about a topic on the next spartan ops video Season?

Still waiting... Not addressed.
How about a topic on when your going to add in all the game types that have been in the game previously like race or head hunter etc...?

OMG FIX THIS still not addressed.
How about a topic on why the load out camera is a blurry pix-elated shot instead of the normal Screen capture like in Halo reach?

Just suggestions bs angel
Armor/stance hackers - is there an auto-system to detect them and will their accounts be reset - Halo Reach style?

Talk about the process for integrating Forge maps into matchmaking. When will the on-disc Forge maps enter playlists versus when we can expect the first round of community-forged maps to be included in matchmaking.
I would love a bulletin that looked at the ranking systems of past and current Halo games, which I'm SURE you looked at for Halo 4. I'm not talking about CSR, or TrueSkill, I'm talking about simply the ranks and progression throughout the ranks. What you liked/disliked about Halo 2, 3, and Reach.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
There should be two MAIN topics for the bulletin today and that is

1.) What was the Title Update for on 12/18/2012 that which changed the games version number from 1.02.00 to 1.02.01?

and

2.) In-game, web based, visible playlist ranking system.
My biggest advice would be to admit your game's shortcomings. That would be the best way to gain trust. Halo 4's campaign was one of the best Halos. Multiplayer is very fun, but I think it was catered to new fans too much. It should have still stayed Halo. Also, the lack of a theater system for campaign and spartan ops really makes it hard on machinima makers, speedrunners, and people who just want to admire Halo 4's beauty. A skill-based ranking system that is viewable in-game is vital. It will help bring back the more competitive group of players. The January playlist update needs to be discussed as well. These points should be in the next TU. This could be a great topic for a bulletin. I by no means have any disrespect for 343 industries. I greatly appreciate the care that went into this game, especially in the campaign. I just wish that it catered to old fans more than new ones. I know that most of that has to do with Microsoft and the need to make money, but hear a fan out. For Halo 5, please go back to what Halo did and does best. Please show this to people at 343i. I know that this will probably be edited by a moderator, but I needed to get my view out there. Thank you so much for your time and energy.
Wow really? I gave you a suggesting in my last post in this topic, and it gets flagged as not on-topic...

Let me try something else than.

How about something why we never got the promised classic playlist. What happened to that?

Can't find many proof at the moment but still found this: twitter BS Angel

Or a how about finally shedding in some light on the decisions made for the specialization codes. Why are certain groups blocked from ranking up while others achieve higher ranks and better gear with that. We both know that legal issues are not the problem.
Skillranks, lack of custom options and fileshare!

That would be nice to hear about...
How about a topic about a full skilled ranking system and an addition to the custom games options. You've seen the major threads and yet you ignore them.

Ranking system
Custom Games Options - Broken the record on the Halo Waypoint forums for the most thanks, views and favorites, and 343 continues to ignore this.
Mr Fever;2152828 wrote:
How about a topic about a full skilled ranking system and an addition to the custom games options. You've seen the major threads and yet you ignore them.

Ranking system
Custom Games Options - Broken the record on the Halo Waypoint forums for the most thanks, views and favorites, and 343 continues to ignore this.

^^^ This. Address the issues with customs game options!
The Halo Archive (@HaloArchive) brought this up via Twitter a while ago. We're all major lore fans and most of us know gobs of stuff about the military, firearms, armored warfare etc. We were questioning why, in canon, the M-393 and M-395 Designated Marksmen Rifles both use the same 7.62mm FMJ-AP round as the MA series of Assault Rifles when in actuality, a long range precision weapon like the DMR would use a heavier magnum-model round such as the .338 Lapua Magnum round which is optimized for long range endurance, kinetic energy exertion, and accuracy.

Another issue we'd like to address is the UNSC's lack of a proper Infantry Fighting Vehicle. An Infantry Fighting Vehicle is meant to provide light support and protection for embarked infantry in urban situations. The Warthog just doesn't cut it, it is over exposed, under armored, and under armed.

We'd also like to cover the Scorpion; specifically, how oversized it is, how small of a cannon caliber it has, under armed, and unweildy it is. For example, the M1A2 is 7.63 meters long (9.77 with turret), 3.66 meters wide and 2.44 meters tall compared to the Scorpions massive bulk of 10.2 meters by 7.8 metes with a weight of 66 metric tons. The Abrams is 61.3 tons. The Abrams' armor is composed of Chobham, RH, depleted uranium strike plates and kevlar mesh compared to the SCorpions titanium-ceramic. While titanium is a great heat deterant and protectorant, it fails when it comes to kinetic strikes compared to depleted uranium, etc.

An Abrams tank has a primary armament composing of a 120mm L44 M256 Smoothbore cannon that is capable of firing Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Saboted rounds, High Explosive Anti Tank rounds and anti infantry shells. The L44 can fire one of these rounds at 1,750 meters a second for an insane amount of kinetic energy. The Scorpion in comparison is armed with a M512 Smooth bore high velocity guns firing 90mm tungsten armor piercing ballistic capped rounds. These rounds were rendered obselete with the introduction of ballistic kevlar mesh during the cold war.

For Close In Weapons Systems the Abrams trounces the Scorpion easily 1 .50 Caliber M2HB machine gun on a remote weapons station and two 7.62mm M240 Machine guns on either a manned or remote weapons station.

The Abrams is also a bit faster than the Scorpion with a speed of 35 mph *56km/h* on road and 25mph *40km/h* off road.

Also, is Infinity armed with a energy projector type weapon because the cutscene in Midnight does not match up with the physics of any kinetic impact in vaccuum unless it was a super heated molten stream of metal accelerated at relativistic velocities.

-Thanks 343!

Best Regards,
Orion10
Editor of the Halo Archive
@HaloArchive
InnerSandman15;2152970 wrote:

Some feedback addressing this rather large hole in the current halo game plz.
Like Orion10 said, us lore freaks (especially those of us who are members of The Archive) would love to see a Bulletin dedicated to discussing the lore and why certain things are certain ways. I enjoyed the hidden messages in past Bulletins (can't wait for the next one), and would love to see more stuff like that that both introduces a few minor new things and also helps explain things that have happened in the past.

If there is a Bulletin like this, I think it would be best to tell the community about it first so we can ask questions and such. Even if there isn't a Bulletin with mostly just lore related info, subtle things like the hidden messages would work nearly just as well.
Caayn Dragon;2151783 wrote:
Wow really? I gave you a suggesting in my last post in this topic, and it gets flagged as not on-topic...

Let me try something else than.

How about something why we never got the promised classic playlist. What happened to that?

Can't find many proof at the moment but still found this: twitter BS Angel

Or a how about finally shedding in some light on the decisions made for the specialization codes. Why are certain groups blocked from ranking up while others achieve higher ranks and better gear with that. We both know that legal issues are not the problem.

I can perhaps answer that Caayn Dragon.
If you by chance played in the first month of Halo 4 you received a specialization code to unlock them free of charge 343 gift to you for purchasing the game and playing that month.
Campaign theater please.
How about the future and restrictions of Spartan Ops? Can you tell us if why we have to have a Gold account to play alone? Any information of how this content will work in the future would be appreciated.
Edited by Moderator - Please do not post things that do not pertain to the topic at hand.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.
123Next >»7 Pages