Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»6 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 12.12.12

Included topics:

• Misc. Studio Happenings - Special guests and a recent charity event
  • Weekend Award Wrap-up - VGAs, GamesRadar and IGAs, oh my!
  • Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update - Halo 4 Infinity Challenge
  • Josh Holmes: A Developer Interview - We chat about Halo 4 and our general Matchmaking sustain philosophies
  • Halo 4 Housekeeping - File Share and Crimson Map Pack updates
  • Section 3 - Super secret stuff

Click here to see all Bulletins.
I must say I am intrigued.

"...after we have time to fine-tune it and make it a more optimal competitive experience. We’ll talk more about that when the time gets closer – and that goes for Double Team, Grifball, the addition of more small maps into Matchmaking and the other things we have planned for early 2013 as well. "

I just wish I didn't have to wait a month or so more to see what 343 has in store for us in this regard. :/

Thanks for the bullet points and the link.
I've noticed some people saying they're having a hard time finding information on our website. I've altered the traditional Bulletin heads-up from a sentence fragment to an outline of the discussed topics. I have also included a link to all Bulletins at the bottom of the post. Please let me know if this format is beneficial, and also if there's anything else I can do to get you the information you're looking for. Thanks!
So pumped for this tournament!!!
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst127421_Custom-game-options-are-unacceptable--343.aspx

this

get someone to respond to this, please. thats the information we're looking for.
Thanks bs and Happy Holidays for you!!

-gives her a cat dressed as an elf- LOL :D
So nothing about weapons balancing again?

Shame

Oh well, Atleast i have better games
Nothing matters until you talk about Custom Games.
I forgot to edit my post after reading it.

Well interesting read. Also Kiki is the dragonslayer and Frankie the Bartender right?

Have a fun vacation!!

I forgot about the rest of the bulletin [:(]
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Want to know how to celebrate File Shares coming online?

Big ol custom games patch:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1627346_This-is-completely-unacceptable--343.aspx
Enjoy the holidays, BS Angel!
Does anyone else feel Halo 4 was completely, utterly rushed and shipped out as an unfinished product... or is that just me
It's just you! I am really enjoying every aspect of it. Best Halo yet, by far!
While we appreciate keeping us posted Bs angel....we, the community, would like answers to things that we ask. I know you can't answer everything, but this topic has hundreds of pages. Surely, you can take some time to address the post.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1627346_This-is-completely-unacceptable--343.aspx
*sigh* sounds like we wont be getting a reach consolidation update for a longer time then I thought...
bs angel wrote:
This complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack will continue through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT). At that time, the complimentary limited access will close, and “14 Day - Buy and Play” program participants will no longer be able to access the content for online play (please note anybody who has already purchased the Crimson Map Pack or owns the Halo 4 Map Pass or Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends). If you would like to continue playing on them after that date, the Crimson Map Pack can be purchased through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points, or via purchase of the War Games Map Pass.

So, next week we're receiving a bunch of new members on waypoint.
New, angry, members. =S

Anyway, enjoy your vacation BS Angel and all the 343 staff, you guys deserve it.
maestro25;2029977 wrote:
Does anyone else feel Halo 4 was completely, utterly rushed and shipped out as an unfinished product... or is that just me

Definitely rushed and shipped incomplete to make the big holiday dollars.

Skipped a public beta, which would have found many of the bugs and allowed them to be fixed before release, to expedite release.

Clung to obsolescent P2P networking topology because leaving someone's XBox hosting games instead of implementing dedicated servers expedited release.

Console based file share is basically useless.

Website based file share is non-existent.

And there has been NO discussion at all about when, if ever, there will be a return to rendering video clips on line.

If someone states this game is fully functional and complete that person didn't go through the release of Halo 3 and Halo Reach with Bungie.

Compared to Halo 3 and Halo Reach, Halo 4 offers far less out of the box. It's amazing that a game made in 2012 does less than games made in 2010 and 2007.

Come on- in 2007 in Halo 3 we could render video clips on line and could share files on line, in today's world 343 can't figure out what Bungie already figured out?

Yes, this game got slapped together and pushed out the door as fast as it could and was made as cheaply as possible to maximize profit margins and sales.

Bungie was about quality. 343 is about the dollar.
DeltaFire899395;2029882 wrote:
Thanks bs and Happy Holidays for you!!

-gives her a dog dressed as an elf- LOL :D

There we go. :) -oops
bs angel, any chance we can get a yes or no answer to this: are custom game options going to be updated in TU2?
Nice bulletin as usual Angel. Game plays nicely, Spartan Op's is a treasure trove of information I'm happy to learn about, campaign is still addicting to me, and multiplayer is taking a solid form which speaks volumes to how dedication, learning curves (and other curves in addition to the learning one), and hard work pays off in the end.

As for the familiarity or rather lack of mentioned by Josh, I had guessed that from the get-go, but its nice to have someone finally acknowledge that assumption.

Beyond that, enjoy your holidays, I'll be enjoying Christmas with all of my Greek family (62 of us under one roof) here in the U.S., so...
123Next >»6 Pages