Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»21 Pages
My brother is able to download the map pack for free even though he uses a separate xbox and never bought the season pass or the limited edition. Also, there are a couple topics on gamefaqs if anyone wants to check those out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64879917
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64879861
Enjoy the console ban. :)
Don't think it would be a ban. I just logged on and the Crimson map pack was available for me to download despite the fact I did not purchase a LE, nor did I have a map pass.

I did go ahead and buy the map pass before downloading just in case, but he's telling the truth. He didn't cheat or anything, it's just available for free.
davadude;2008080 wrote:

Yeah, you can totally be banned for downloading free stuff.
davadude;2008080 wrote:

It's a problem on 343's/MS' part. If bans were handed out it would be one of the dumbest moves they could make.
LogicX7;2008092 wrote:
Don't think it would be a ban. I just logged on and the Crimson map pack was available for me to download despite the fact I did not purchase a LE, nor did I have a map pass.

I did go ahead and buy the map pass before downloading just in case, but he's telling the truth. He didn't cheat or anything, it's just available for free.

I just wish to warn everybody that if you do this Microsoft will ban your console once they have it sorted out. It's happened before, it will happen again.
Kind of depressing, since I paid (Insert amount of pounds here.) just to get the map packs. But if anyone gets console banned due to this, I would also be depressed. Simply find a way to remove the map pack from everyone and then fix the system so only people who paid for the map pack can download it. Probably isn't that simple, though.
Judge Bread UK;2008102 wrote:
davadude;2008080 wrote:

In the past people have exploited these mistakes (you heard of the DaVinci AC2 update free patch?). Once they exploited them, they had their consoles banned and accounts marked.
I bought the Le.
davadude;2008121 wrote:
davadude;2008080 wrote:

In the past people have exploited these mistakes (you heard of the DaVinci AC2 update free patch?). Once they exploited them, they had their consoles banned and accounts marked.

Yeah, that never happened.
Wow, Halo 4 is truly going to die today. Since almost everyone is going to DL it for free, they are going to get console banned and perma-banned. Expect a 500 player population tomorrow.
There won't be any bans most likely. 343 will probably just remove the content from those who do not have the requirements to have the map pack.

343 shouldn't ban anyone for a mistake on their part. Digital content can get tricky though...
Wow :)

I confirmed this for myself just now. I wonder if all the people who paid the 800pts feel stupid?
remember when the wierd rally game on games on demand was free ? it was ms´s mistake too and nobody, who have downloaded it, got banned.
Glad I bought the LE for nothing. Ridiculous what's going on and it's not the first time it's happened with an MS published game. It's hilarious to me how this is a regular problem for MS yet Sony never has issues with this and they weren't the ones who pushed for DLC crap since the start of this gen.
jm98call;2008149 wrote:
Wow, Halo 4 is truly going to die today. Since almost everyone is going to DL it for free, they are going to get console banned and perma-banned. Expect a 500 player population tomorrow.

This *might* be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on the internet.
Judge Bread UK;2008138 wrote:
davadude;2008121 wrote:
davadude;2008080 wrote:

Yeah, that never happened.

except it did.

People have gotten console bans for downloading these before.
I hope LE owners/people who bought the map pass get compensated somehow. It hardly seems fair that everyone gets something for free that many people paid for, mistake or not.
I didn't know they were selling that poorly to get a price drop not even 12 hours after launch.
Out to lunch.
| We're not rejects; We get Rejections | The real #1 Doodle fanboy! |
GODZIL1A;2008194 wrote:
Wow :)

I confirmed this for myself just now. I wonder if all the people who paid the 800pts feel stupid?

It's called being honest.
123Next >»21 Pages