Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
1. Content is put onto the main Marketplace servers.
(Most likely they are located in Redmond, Washington State, United States.

2. Content is then pushed to the branch servers of the Marketplace.
(A network of servers located all over the world)

3. Content that is exclusive to a certain edition of a game (Such as the Halo 4 Limited Edition) need to be verified* with the accounts/gamertags that should have access to the exclusive content.

*This is because special privileges need to be given to the accounts/gamertags.

The Xbox Live Marketplace is centered around Microsoft Points, the special privileges bypass the need to use Microsoft Points.

4. Content most likely is pushed out from Redmond, Washington State,
United States going East around the world.

5. Content roll out's can be quick or slow, it depends on the size of the content, how many special privileges need to be given, and how many people are trying to download content at once.

To the mods/admins . .

I made this topic to explain how the Xbox Live Marketplace works.

All the information is from what I know about networks, the internet,
and the Xbox Live Marketplace, as well as experience with DLC and the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Hopefully this is helpful, and hopefully this is sticky worthy.
'Upvote' +1 Karma Point
Proof ?, or just speculating ?.
Monkulas prime;2004059 wrote:
Proof ?, or just speculating ?.

Did you not read the bottom part of the OP ?

This is what I said . .

"
I made this topic to explain how the Xbox Live Marketplace works.

All the information is from what I know about networks, the internet,
and the Xbox Live Marketplace, as well as experience with DLC and the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Hopefully this is helpful, and hopefully this is sticky worthy."
We should keep this on the front page. Very helpful for those who simply can't wait a few hours.
Unfortunately this will probably go over most of the peoples heads reading this. Thank you for taking the time to post this though, I appreciate it :)

The excitement is killing me though, the maps look so pretty. Back to playing dominion I suppose
So...basically I (being Dutch) need to wait for a while until later today the DLC will be released officially over here?

Kind of sucks. Then again: I'm used to getting DLC stuff really late on release dates because of the time differences and such.
I'm a dummy, and it's too early for me to think hard... can someone possibly give us an OP for Dummy's so I get what's going on? lol All I could get is that I need to wait for it to become available to us legendary edition people.
Marc Boff;2004269 wrote:
I'm a dummy, and it's too early for me to think hard... can someone possibly give us an OP for Dummy's so I get what's going on? lol All I could get is that I need to wait for it to become available to us legendary edition people.

What else do you need? That's it.
SanctusMortis;2004292 wrote:
Marc Boff;2004269 wrote:

What else do you need? That's it.

lol okay, thats good then! Remember, it's early and I just rolled out of bed
probebly after 1800h we can play the crimson map pack for the Dutchies
did not go over my head and sine i don't know the exact number of LE's out there (but i'll assume it's quite a lot) that this might take some time
SOL Diablo;2004357 wrote:
did not go over my head and sine i don't know the exact number of LE's out there (but i'll assume it's quite a lot) that this might take some time

I think most if not all LE Map Pass and Stand Alone Map Pass owners will have access to the Crimson Map Pack today.

I think I'll have access by around 10:00am East Coast US time today, that's when I usually have had access to map packs and such in the past.

What about South America? It seems the DLC is already here.
It doesn't take time to give special privileges to a finite number of gamer tags. It's a simple matter of your account having being registered as being a season pass holder. When the content is made available through the in-game system set up for delivering the content it's a simple matter of it recognising a simple script like "oh, this account has the season pass, allow download".

This is how all season passes have worked. It's not a matter of time activating accounts.

The real problem is the in game menu system for delivering the content is not up amd running. If it was we'd have the content now.

Obviously all of the content on the market place is separate and it's already been made available to users who get it there.

Op you are pretty misinformed.

Tl:dr

There's two ways of getting the content, marketplace with MS points or the special in game system set up for season pass holders. The latter has not yet been properly implemented.
I was in the middle of posting a reply ragging out 343 on another thread when the link popped up, didn't have time to go up and read it so it posted, I regret it now and it is understandable.
All I can say is if the people at Epic were able to do it for Gears of War 3, why can't 343 be on the ball for Halo 4.
Noirtatsu;2004567 wrote:
All I can say is if the people at Epic were able to do it for Gears of War 3, why can't 343 be on the ball for Halo 4.

They could have had it ready. They're having problems with the in game delivery system. Season pass holders won't access the content through the same market place as everyone else, rather through the main menu of the game through a portal 343 have currently been unable to provide. The content is there, it's just 343's menu system for us to access it is either broken or just not ready.

Why? It's not as if the map pack was announced today. They (Microsoft) had plenty of time to get everything set up. It should have been lined up last week and finished with the flip of a switch at 12:00am today.

Halo is Microsoft's flagship game. Gaffes like this reflect poorly on both Microsoft and the Halo franchise.
Seems legit.
12Next >2 Pages