Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»4 Pages
CHALLENGE IS CONCLUDED

HAPPY YANUMAS!

Not long ago those taking part in the Halo 4 ARG were tasked with completing 1 million matchmaking games, and they came here to the greater Halo 4 community to ask for your help. Once again, the Halo 4 ARG needs the community's help with a challenge: the Spartan Ops Speedrun Challenge. Here's the low-down:

Sec3OP3651 wrote:
/ OK: TO RESCUE OPVORKID, IT IS LIKELY WE WILL NEED SPARTAN SUPPORT. I AM CERTAIN, THAT TIME WILL BE OF THE ESSENCE AS WELL. ONCE WE LOCATE THEM, AND ARRANGE TRAVEL FOR OUR FORCES, WE WILL NEED TO FORM A PLAN. BUT I AM BEST AT PLANNING THE COVERT OPS PART.

WE NEED SPARTAN LEADERS TO PLAN THE SUPPORT ENGAGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, WE NEED THEM TO TRAIN FOR SPEED OF OPERATIONS.

I NEED SPARTANS LIKE YOU TO START ASSEMBLING TEAMS WITH TWO PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:
1. TRAIN IN PREPARATION (SLAM THOSE SIMS)
2. TRAIN ON THE GROUND BY HELPING SPARTAN OPS, BUT SPECIFICALLY: TRAIN FOR SPEED /

Form a team or assist others through Spartans Ops matchmaking starting this Monday, and work together to drive the Covenant back as quickly as possible. Below are links to entry forms where you can input your name, time, and link to the recent game in your stats page.

We need the fastest Spartans possible.

Want to find out more about the Halo 4 ARG? Click here!

/ SEMPER VIGILANS
*For Clarification: The difficulty required is heroic. Matchmade SpOps are preferred.*

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE READ THROUGH OUR Q/A BEFORE SUBMITTING TIMES

Finished? Enter your times to each mission accordingly!
Be sure to include the link to the game so we can verify.

WEEK 1: COMPLETED, SUBMISSIONS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
  1. Core - Enter your time here!
  2. Hacksaw - Enter your time here!
  3. Shootout in Valhalla - Enter your time here!
  4. The Didact's Gift - Enter your time here!
  5. Spartan Miller - Enter your time here!

WEEK 2: Concluded; .

[/size]
Q/A wrote:
Q: Do previously finished runs count or do they have to be after Monday?
A: Operatives are to have them done from Monday onward, SEC3OP33516 said that he wants OP's to run a mix of SpOps which hinted at the remix playlist that 343i is doing for SpOps this week.
-
Q. What difficulty do the speed runs need to be completed on?
A. The difficulty required is heroic. Matchmade SpOps are preferred.
-
Q. Is there a maximum number of Spartans allowed per team?
A. Considering the Max for Spartan Ops is currently 4, I'd go with that. :)
-
Q.If we complete an SR as part of a team, should each member submit the time individually, or should we designate one person to send in the time with all of our names in the first box?
A. If you do complete it as a team please feel free enter all squad mates names separated by commas.
-
Q. If we're completing the SR's solo, should we specify that somewhere, like next to our name or something? i.e. Shadow Hado (Solo)?
A. If you complete it solo there is no need for further designation due to the way the form is currently set up.
-
Q. Is there currently a known deadline for submissions?
A. The current deadline is unknown to us at this time and will be updated accordingly.
-
Q. Is there a limit to the number of entries per Mission, or can we keep sending in new improvements over our previous best?
A. There is no current limitation on how many times you can submit times, we only take into account the fastest times.
-
Q. Are these supposed to be "FULL CLEAR Speedruns," or just "Start-to-Finish the Fastest Way Possible" Speedruns?
A. I am uncertain to that as well, I would just go for speed at the moment. If I hear differently I will update my post.
-
Q. In Spartan Miller, you can finish with an incomplete. Does this still count?
A. If it is an objective based operation and you recieve and INCOMPLETE it will not be counted towards the fastest time, as we need operations that are COMPLETED.
Question: Do previously finished runs count or do they have to be after Monday?
alright im up for this challenge

Btw if anyone wants to team up just throw me a message via xbl GT: YourPalQWERTY
/TRANSMISSION RECIVED
/FIRETEAMS.TXT

/START FILE/

FIRE TEAMS

1. IMPULSE
    Toku Loranamee
    Yajuu Omoi
    ZaneZavin
    CpT TimmyG
    Zylon 0217
    AceJD87

2. SQUIRTLE
    Mike R Hammer
    Razgriz9327
    Ov Thy Demise
    MasterSable

3. Alpha
    (if you are apart of this team please message me a name, until then you will be reconized as FT Alpha).

xsogx spartan51
    sharppoint62
    deadeyevip3r
    droseph2

4. Beta
    (if you are apart of this team please message me a name, until then you will be reconized as FT Beta).

Starbuck bsg04
    Deathbyteacup82
    Gomes2k13
    Sharppoint62

5. Charlie
    REAPER584
    QuietDarkDeath
    Zylon 0217 *[FT IMPULSE]

LONE WOLVES
ender4449
lIIusion

*If have submitted times and do not want to be listed either apart of a fire team or solo please let me know and i will change it.

/END FILE/
Definitely doing at least one of these. Going to get 3 other friends, and do one of the missions super fast. Awww yeah!
Great, we'll make sure the list is updated as often as possible.

Good luck everyone.
been training solo speed runs for awhile now to rank up my commendations and get the "covenant destroyer" commendation, so i am ready for this challenge.

-EDIT-

woot! got two of the fastest times so far, let's see how long i can hold onto them ; )
Heya!

If you don't mind, I've got a few questions regarding the Speed Runs / Time Attacks.

1. Is there a maximum number of Spartans allowed per team?

2. If we complete an SR as part of a team, should each member submit the time individually, or should we designate one person to send in the time with all of our names in the first box? i.e. Shadow Hado / Mike R Hammer / Ov Thy Demise / CpT TimmyG

3. If we're completing the SR's solo, should we specify that somewhere, like next to our name or something? i.e. Shadow Hado (Solo)?

4. Is there currently a known deadline for submissions?

5. Is there a limit to the number of entries per Mission, or can we keep sending in new improvements over our previous best?

6. In the communication, OP35616 mentined that they want the "Spartans who can take down enemies the fastest," but also to practice and "focus specifically on speed." While these are one in the same, which one is more important to OP35616? What I'm getting at is this: Are these supposed to be "FULL CLEAR Speedruns," or just "Start-to-Finish the Fastest Way Possible" Speedruns?

Thanks!

~~Nate

P.S. - To anyone who is submitting times, I found out that pausing the game DOES add to your completion time- when I came back and finished one of my Core SR's earlier, my time was over 80 minutes! Lol!

P.P.S. - Also, don't bother with the Tactical Package "Resupply": in Spartan Ops, you are automatically allowed to pick up grenades from fallen enemies.
Deleted.
I am now at 3 of the fastest speed run times.

Cmon guys! while i do want to have the fastest times, we need really fast speeds to save vorkid!
Shadow Hado;2008291 wrote:
Heya!

If you don't mind, I've got a few questions regarding the Speed Runs / Time Attacks.

1. Is there a maximum number of Spartans allowed per team?

2. If we complete an SR as part of a team, should each member submit the time individually, or should we designate one person to send in the time with all of our names in the first box? i.e. Shadow Hado / Mike R Hammer / Ov Thy Demise / CpT TimmyG

3. If we're completing the SR's solo, should we specify that somewhere, like next to our name or something? i.e. Shadow Hado (Solo)?

4. Is there currently a known deadline for submissions?

5. Is there a limit to the number of entries per Mission, or can we keep sending in new improvements over our previous best?

6. In the communication, OP35616 mentined that they want the "Spartans who can take down enemies the fastest," but also to practice and "focus specifically on speed." While these are one in the same, which one is more important to OP35616? What I'm getting at is this: Are these supposed to be "FULL CLEAR Speedruns," or just "Start-to-Finish the Fastest Way Possible" Speedruns?

Thanks!

~~Nate

P.S. - To anyone who is submitting times, I found out that pausing the game DOES add to your completion time- when I came back and finished one of my Core SR's earlier, my time was over 80 minutes! Lol!

P.P.S. - Also, don't bother with the Tactical Package "Resupply": in Spartan Ops, you are automatically allowed to pick up grenades from fallen enemies.

First off Good questions! I'll be sure to add them to the Q/A part of my post!

and now to more pressing matters.

1. I would have to say 4 is the max due to the current limitations of SpOps being a max of 4 :)

2. If you do complete it as a team please feel free enter all squad mates names separated by commas.

3. If you complete it solo there is no need for further designation due to the way the form is currently set up.

4. The current deadline is unknown to us at this time and will be updated accordingly.

5. There is no current limitation on how many times you can submit times, we only take into account the fastest times.

6. I am unclear to that as well, I would just go for speed at the moment. If I hear differently I will update my post.

I hope that cleared everything up, If you have any further questions please feel free to voice them.

Thanks,
-OPDEMISE
In Spartan Miller, you can finish with an incomplete. Does this still count? I submitted my 00:09:41 time, but I don't know if it counts...
Quote:
In Spartan Miller, you can finish with an incomplete. Does this still count? I submitted my 00:09:41 time, but I don't know if it counts...

how did you get an incomplete?
Once I get my system back up after this move, I'll be down for assisting. Most of my co-op runs are around 10 mins, I'll have to hone my skills a bit after getting rusty this past week....
Toku Loranamee;2010339 wrote:
Quote:

Was my first time playing the mission, so I'm not completely sure how it is supposed to go down, It seemed like we ended with a failed objective?
Here's the link to the game, We all finished together, but with an "Incomplete"? Maybe the server hiccuped?
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/elDewman20x6/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64

Other players perspectives:
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/luis12333/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/ManCub20/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/BXH%20Pretty%20Girl/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64

Its fine if you end up taking me off the leaderboard-I'm skeptical on the details. Would have to replay it again to know what actually should have happened.
Ov Thy Demise;2008677 wrote:

3. If you complete it solo there is no need for further designation due to the way the form is currently set up.

6. I am unclear to that as well, I would just go for speed at the moment. If I hear differently I will update my post.

I hope that cleared everything up, If you have any further questions please feel free to voice them.

Thanks,
-OPDEMISE

3. Sounds good, just wasn't sure if they specifically wanted Solo, Doubles, Full Teams, etc. I'm really hoping they take Co-op and Solo times into consideration separately, only because I'm currently unable to form a full 4-Man Team to really race through the Missions. My fastest time on Core so far is pretty decent for Solo imo, but when compared to Waffle's 4-Man time of ~5 minutes, I pretty much have a snowball's chance in hell.

6. Will do. I'm not sure if any of the Missions are exploitable, as I've only been doing Full Clear Runs and also haven't completed all five Missions yet. I'm pretty sure you're able to cut quite a bit of time out of Spartan Miller, but at the same time, I don't know that the enemies ever stop spawning in between the Generator Defense and Activating the Terminalr; my friend and I did it on Legendary the other night, and after defending the Generators, we went through 4-5 waves of enemies before saying "screw it" and just activating the terminal anyways.

I'm pretty sure that covered just about everything, but if I think of something else, I'll let you know! Thanks!

~~Nate
elDewman's post.
elDewman20x6;2011259 wrote:
Toku Loranamee;2010339 wrote:
Quote:

Was my first time playing the mission, so I'm not completely sure how it is supposed to go down, It seemed like we ended with a failed objective?
Here's the link to the game, We all finished together, but with an "Incomplete"? Maybe the server hiccuped?
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/elDewman20x6/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64

Other players perspectives:
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/luis12333/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/ManCub20/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/BXH%20Pretty%20Girl/spartanops/match-ee664ad6cf507d64

Its fine if you end up taking me off the leaderboard-I'm skeptical on the details. Would have to replay it again to know what actually should have happened.

I would like to clearify not only for you but for others as well since I keep forgetting to mention this. If the game is one where you have to defend an objective and you fail and get an "incomplete" it will not be counted towards the times as OP36516 wants Fastest Completions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
So is the challenge a certain number of missions completed under a certain time? or just the fastest time possible?
Jolly AK051;2013095 wrote:
So is the challenge a certain number of missions completed under a certain time? or just the fastest time possible?

The missions are the ones that are currently in the Spartan Ops playlist which is a mix of operations. It doesn't matter how many times you submit as long as it is faster than the previous one you had submitted.
123Next >»4 Pages