Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»1,607 Pages
Xbox.com Support Thread

Good afternoon! If you're reading this, you more than likely have a question about the Specializations email that was recently distributed by Xbox LIVE. Before I start addressing some frequently asked questions, please note:

DO NOT PUBLICLY POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER ACCOUNT-RELATED INFORMATION ON OUR FORUMS. I REPEAT, DO NOT PUBLICLY POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER ACCOUNT-RELATED INFORMATION ON OUR FORUMS.

As a general rule, to protect yourself and your account, you should never post or share any personal information online, and that includes our forums.

Now, back to business. When Halo 4 launched, there was a special offer involving the following.

Quote:
Play Halo 4 Standard Edition while connected to Xbox LIVE by November 20, 2012, and you'll get early access to six Specializations. That's 60 additional levels and new content in Halo Infinity Multiplayer.

Codes giving early access to six Specializations were sent yesterday. I’m currently following up with that team to find out if all the emails have been sent (UPDATE: All emails have been sent). The email says the following and includes an image of Master Chief and the Halo 4 logo.

Quote:
Here's your free gift from Xbox LIVE

Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You’ve earned a free gift. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*

Here's how to redeem:

• Click here or on the "Get your free gift" link below.
  • Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account using the email address you received this message at (if you are not already signed in).
  • Your code is automatically entered on the page so simply click Redeem Code.

Get your free gift->

Here are a few reasons why your inbox may still be empty.

• UPDATE: Emails were sent to both opt-in and opt-out accounts. If you have opted out of marketing emails (via your Xbox LIVE account preferences), you would not have received the mail.
  • If you did not play Halo prior to November 20 at 11:59 PM EST, you would have not received the email.
  • If you are registered with Xbox LIVE in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, you would have not received the email. As noted on the original offer, these regions were not part of the Specializations offer as Specializations were offered as a pre-order offer, not a post-launch offer.

If you don’t think you have received this email, here are a few things to consider.
  • It may be in your spam folder. Check now!
  • The codes were sent to the email address that you used when you signed up for your Gamertag. If you are now using a different email address but did not change it with Xbox LIVE, the code will have been sent to the email address associated with your Gamertag as of November 20.
  • The title of the email is “You have a gift from Xbox LIVE”. Since Specializations are not directly mentioned, you may have skipped over it.

If you successfully redeemed your code, you will gain early access to six Specializations.

If you received the email but are experiencing issues, here are a few possibilities as to what could be going on:

The Specializations are locked.
Specializations cannot be accessed until you reach SR50. Once you have advanced through the standard fifty levels, you will then get the option to enlist in a Specialization under “Infinity”. You can choose the order in which you tackle unlocked Specializations. However once you select one, you must advance through it completely before enlisting in a separate Specialization. Please read this article for more information.

I don’t see any new Specializations.
Redownload the content from your download history (from the Xbox Dashboard: Settings->Account->Download History). If you have the content properly downloaded, try restarting the game.

The link in my email is not resolving properly.
Please wait an hour or two and try the link again.
12.4.12 11:30AM Update

Players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer but did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account have been sent their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console). Messages started being sent in the early AM hours PT and finished this morning at 9AM PT. Please check your Xbox LIVE Message Center before posting that you have not received your code. Thank you!

--

12.3.12 5:30PM Update

Some players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account. We are working to send affected players their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console). The text will read as follows, and we expect players to start receiving these messages this week. Thank you for your continued patience, and we will provide an update when all messages have been sent.

Xbox 360 Dashboard message text
Quote:
Your Halo 4 gift is waiting! Here is your token to unlock six Specializations in Halo 4. We apologize for the delay in providing this and thank you for participating in our program. See you on the virtual battlefield!

--

12.2.12 11:50PM Update

Thank you to those of you that have posted the requested information. We're continuing to investigate if everybody who was eligible for this offer received their email, and we hope to know more soon.

12.2.12 3:45PM Update

While the original offer from Xbox states they will not re-send the codes, I'm still working with all involved parties to hopefully find a solution for those of you that were eligible for a code but didn't receive it (whether that's because you switched email addresses, accidentally deleted the email, etc.). Here is what you can do to help me with this effort:

• Do not clutter this thread with non-constructive posts or spam. That buries the real information I need to assist you.
  • Post the following:
    *Your Gamertag
    *Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you played the game while connected to Xbox LIVE before 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Time on November 20, 2012
    *Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you are 17 years of age and older
    *Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you live in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, or India

I understand this is a frustrating situation, and I will continue to work with Xbox LIVE on this issue. Please stay on-topic, so I can do that in an efficient manner. Thank you, and apologies again for the inconvenience.

12.2.12 2:20AM Update

Two updates:

1. All emails have been sent.
  2. Emails were sent to both opt-in and opt-out accounts.

We are currently working with all involved parties to try to find a solution for those of you that feel you should have received a code. As there are numerous people to work with to make this happen, I likely won't have an update for this by end of day. I don't know which way the cards will fall, but please check the original post in this thread to determine if you were eligible and qualify for this offer.

--

Some people were not eligible for this promotion. Original language below, so you can determine if any of the particulars apply to you:

Quote:

** To receive early access to Specializations, you must purchase Halo 4 Standard Edition and play the game while connected to Xbox LIVE by 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Time on November 20, 2012. A download code will be sent to the email address associated with your Xbox LIVE account by November 30, 2012; any email returned as nondeliverable will not be re-sent. Limit: one code per gamertag. Xbox LIVE Gold membership required for Halo Infinity Multiplayer (sold separately). Offer available to users 17 years of age and older in the following Xbox LIVE countries: United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, and India. Offer is nontransferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. In New Zealand, only adult accounts (18 years of age and older) can download or stream content over Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and system requirements, see www.xbox.com/live. Offer provided by: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
So if you opted out of marketing emails is there no way to get the code now?
What about if your contact details are correct, you allow Microsoft to send things via email, and have played Halo 4 before the 20th while connected to Live but still havent received the email?

And more importantly, why deliver the codes in this fashion in the first place? why not an update for everyone?

Additional - Does the opt in for marketing have to be for both Microsoft AND 3rd parties? or can it be just for Microsoft?
I didn't realize I had opted out of the marketing thing. I changed it now...is it too late?
UKWN;1911644 wrote:

According to the original offer, codes will not be re-sent. However, I'm trying to find out from that team if there are any other options. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
Thank you Bs Angel. Acer86 and I made a thread to help out with it; hope we helped until then: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155583p17_Specialization-Priority-Alpha-Troubleshoot.aspx

I do have a question though. I've played before 11:59:59 PM EST 11/20/12 and I have everything turned on. Should I have received it by now? If needed I'll PM you information. I now you'll get a lot of this and I'll appreciate any help. Thanks!
What if you changed the windows live id email after the 20th and before the 30th. And the contact email has been out of service for several years. Does that mean i'm not going to receive a code? I'm already a level 70 and I love the game but if I can't level up there's really no point to play.
So i hadn't had marketing emails enabled, so i just enabled it, does this mean i don't get the code? :(
WOW really if we didnt check the random email publicity we do not recieve the email, bahahahahah. It sure never stop them from sending me xbox live gold warnings or a little thank you for wasting my cash on your season pass. Im about to scratch your company from the list of game i preorder from now on, such a lack of professionalism.
bs angel;1911672 wrote:
UKWN;1911644 wrote:

According to the original offer, no. However, I'm trying to find out from that team if there are any other options. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

this is poop, I opted out of the marketing emails too because I was being flooded with offers. Man, this is a debacle. still love you BS Angel. ;)
I think I may have opted out of the email thing, if I change it could i still get the offer since I participated in the offer? I was really looking forward to this and i really would like to receive those specializations before its too late.
Yeah apparently i opted out of the emails for whatever reason... Time to get the Halo 4 LE!!! -Yoink!-.
I'll help out with my knowledge since I've just done it with 19 other pages. Knowing how popular you are, it'll be spammed so quickly.

Hope it helps :)
bs angel;1911672 wrote:
UKWN;1911644 wrote:

According to the original offer, no. However, I'm trying to find out from that team if there are any other options. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Thanks, I forgot to mention though; do you mean the Xbox Marketing e-mails preference or the Partner Marketing e-mails preference? I've always had the Xbox preference checked but not the Partner preference.
bs angel;1911672 wrote:
UKWN;1911644 wrote:

Well this is just turning into a massive screw you to every last person that doesnt feel like being bombarded in ads we dont care to look at.

I want my code. I met all the criteria. I put up with dealing with MS useless support, seeing as they dont even know the details. I do not wanna be told that I dont get to have the code sent to me all because I prefer not to get buried in ads.
A Fuzzy Bunny;1911683 wrote:
What if you changed the windows live id email after the 20th and before the 30th. And the contact email has been out of service for several years. Does that mean i'm not going to receive a code? I'm already a level 70 and I love the game but if I can't level up there's really no point to play.

You should still be good to go, as they weren't sent before the 30th!
Where do I go to see if I opted out of the marketing emails?
You know instead of seeing if all emails have been sent. How about resending to all accounts again since most if not all have recently updated their emails, accounts, marketing opt outs, and what not. What a bunch of bs this is. I havent gotten code because it sent to my old aol account which was NOT apart of my main sign in email account. I have never used that email for xbox live or signing in so basically its false advertising if it said in original message to all that the codes would go to our gamertag associated emails. Im trying to bum the codes off of friends all day and they have limited edition of game and they even didnt get any spare codes.
I, too, had my marketing preferences set to opt-out apparently. Please tell me I'm not out of luck here.
123Next >»1,607 Pages