Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»42 Pages
Hey everyone,

So recently there has been a lot of confusion over the Halo 4 remaining specialization unlock "email". Seeing as it is December 1st, I am taking this opportunity to create a guide/tutorial/support thread on this subject.

The original specialization email outlining our current predicament is as follows:
** To receive early access to Specializations, you must purchase Halo 4 Standard Edition and play the game while connected to Xbox LIVE by 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Time on November 20, 2012. A download code will be sent to the email address associated with your Xbox LIVE account by November 30, 2012; any email returned as nondeliverable will not be re-sent. Limit: one code per gamertag. Xbox LIVE Gold membership required for Halo Infinity Multiplayer (sold separately). Offer available to users 17 years of age and older in the following Xbox LIVE countries: United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, and India. Offer is nontransferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. In New Zealand, only adult accounts (18 years of age and older) can download or stream content over Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and system requirements, see www.xbox.com/live. Offer provided by: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.

Let's go over the facts:
-If you've played Halo 4 between the official release date of November 6th and two weeks later on November 20th, you should receive the specialization.
-Emails have been sent on November 30th and you should receive yours any time within the next two days (Dec. 1st - Dec. 2nd).
-If you live in any of the above countries you will receive an email from Xbox LIVE entitled "Specialization Priority Alpha".
-Unfortunately if you don't live in any of the above countries you will not get a specialization code.

I understand that this has turned into a large mess and people everywhere are complaining about this. Here is the little support I can offer:
-You will receive an email from Xbox LIVE in the hotmail/live address that is linked to your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
-If you haven't received an email in that account yet, check alternate email addresses like, for example, your Xbox LIVE parent account (that's where mine was).

Stay posted and I will try to update this topic as much as possible over the next couple of hours. Please try and reserve any replies to constructive and supportive comments. Don't worry, I know this is a huge mess from 343i, but as a community we'll get through this.

-AceWolf86

**EDIT**
Check here for the Xbox Support forum which has active Microsoft admins for further support:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2505/t/401740.aspx?PageIndex=1
(Special thanks goes to exxr1c for scouting this out)

**EDIT**
The email you will receive is entitled "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE"

**EDIT**
Need support from Xbox and Microsoft? Don't email them. Replies can take up to a week. Instead, try calling their phone line:
1-800-4MY-XBOX
Been using the same e-mail linked to my Gamertag for the past 5 years.

Still have not gotten a code yet.
Telechubby4Life;1908174 wrote:
Been using the same e-mail linked to my Gamertag for the past 5 years.

Still have not gotten a code yet.

I know what you mean. Don't worry, I can only offer you the consolidation of knowing that millions of others haven't received their's either. Just hang in there for a little longer. :)
I'm afraid whatever system is sending out these e-mails may try to send it to the e-mail I originally signed up for XBL with, which was deleted by AT&T, and is no longer accessible at all... Think that will likely be an issue? Haven't used that e-mail for my Live account in a long time, but still... Automated systems don't know that :/...
So I have played before the 20th (had the game and have been actively playing since launch date) and I have had my xbox account for a bit more than a year. However, my age somehow changed without me changing it, and now it says I am under 17 for some reason. If This causes me to not receive the code I will be just a bit ticked off. Will I still get the code or am I out of luck?
So, mine came, I redeemed it online, and now there's nothing unlocked in H4... Any ideas? Heh, tried restarting etc.. Been about an hour or two since I redeemed.
Characo SG318;1908261 wrote:
I'm afraid whatever system is sending out these e-mails may try to send it to the e-mail I originally signed up for XBL with, which was deleted by AT&T, and is no longer accessible at all... Think that will likely be an issue? Haven't used that e-mail for my Live account in a long time, but still... Automated systems don't know that :/...

If you've ever changed your contact information for your Xbox LIVE account then you should be fine. Whatever email is currently linked to your gamertag should do.
rooksbook;1908293 wrote:
So, mine came, I redeemed it online, and now there's nothing unlocked in H4... Any ideas? Heh, tried restarting etc.. Been about an hour or two since I redeemed.

So you redeemed the code on the website via your email? If so, scroll on over to the "Active Downloads" hub on the Xbox Dashboard and it should say "Specialization Priority Alpha Downloaded" and you should be good to go next time you load up Halo 4.
SomeWhiteGuy520;1908268 wrote:
So I have played before the 20th (had the game and have been actively playing since launch date) and I have had my xbox account for a bit more than a year. However, my age somehow changed without me changing it, and now it says I am under 17 for some reason. If This causes me to not receive the code I will be just a bit ticked off. Will I still get the code or am I out of luck?

To be completely honest I'm not entirely sure. I've seen people receiving the code anyways even though they're under 17 so I wouldn't be too worried if I was you.
**UPDATE**

Emails are not being sent in alphabetical order - just randomly.

-AceWolf86
Just to clarify:

Countries that should be sent emails include the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, and India.
Apparently, on my email address I had never verified my age. I have corrected this problem, but it was shortly after 343 started sending the codes out. Does this completely disqualify me from getting a code?

I'm currently level 70, with 10 remaining games of double exp, and am very close to mastering 3 different commendations. I have no desire to waste so much exp when I'm not at the level cap.

Any help would be much appreciated.
**UPDATE**

There is no age restriction according to Microsoft.

-AceWolf86
You sure like using colors don't you?
x Leobreaker x;1908453 wrote:
Yousurelikeusingcolorsdon'tyou?

Just so people can see what's important.
AceWolf86;1908440 wrote:
**UPDATE**

There is no age restriction according to Microsoft.

-AceWolf86

Wow, you literally answered my question the second I asked it, haha. So I guess I should just keep on waiting then... :/
Stroke The Dice;1908439 wrote:
Apparently, on my email address I had never verified my age. I have corrected this problem, but it was shortly after 343 started sending the codes out. Does this completely disqualify me from getting a code?

I'm currently level 70, with 10 remaining games of double exp, and am very close to mastering 3 different commendations. I have no desire to waste so much exp when I'm not at the level cap.

Any help would be much appreciated.

There is no age restriction for the emails according to Microsoft so I'm confident that you'll get your specializations sooner or later.
I played from release day every day until yesterday. I capped to SR 70 before the 20th, and my xbox account's age is well over 17. I've had the same email since I created it, and this email is very easily accessable to me (I have it open right now, made that mistake before.)

And yet, no email.

Should I like, call microsoft or something?
You sure like using the spacebar, don't you?
Dylan Donato;1908490 wrote:
I played from release day every day until yesterday. I capped to SR 70 before the 20th, and my xbox account's age is well over 17. I've had the same email since I created it, and this email is very easily accessable to me (I have it open right now, made that mistake before.)

And yet, no email.

Should I like, call microsoft or something?

Others have contacted Xbox Support on this issue and there have only been uncertain answers saying that the email will come eventually. If you're really concerned you can contact them for your own peace of mind but I'm sure that you'll get your specializations in the next couple of hours.
123Next >»42 Pages